Sign in to follow this  
DSPYZ1

SOME WILL LAUGH AND NO DOUBT SOME WILL SHED A WTF TYPE TEAR

So this is pretty funny / sad / retarded / disturbing / infuriating!

Have a close look at the tranny, way to ruin a classic! I can't imagine the conversion adds any more to the near perfect factory set up. unless maybe you are into back to back to backing cigs and need that lighter hand free.

I struggle to understand what initiated the owner to come to this decision expect for them maybe being into back to back to backing cigs and needing that lighter hand free. Further more what about the person that carried out the work, surely they would have stepped in at some point to shut it down and send the customer on the way with hopefully a better understanding of what not to do to such a prized possession.

Be interesting to see how much it goes/went for in the auction.

post-7876-0-26227700-1445560897_thumb.pn

post-7876-0-85498200-1445560922.jpg

• Like 1

wonder whats on the build sheet, auto or manual.

There is a legit reason for sports cars in auto; disability.

• Like 5

Yeah was thinking the same thing. Guy/girl with one foot and lots of money.

Lots more clues point to this being a genuine M3, or if not it's a very, very well done replica!

I would agree with the above, probably an owner with an injury or disability to their left leg or right arm.

Not sure whether the rarity of an M3 in auto would make it worth less, or more... Can't see many collectors wanting to buy it, as it's not factory, but there may be a few people that want to daily an M3 and would prefer an auto.

Easy enough to convert back to manual though... Looks in very good nick so might be worth the effort.

My mates got a jammy leg and spent 100k on a 2013 auto M3, disability doesn't change the feel from a great drive.

• Like 4

just like some of the e24 m63csi in japan , started off as a std 635csiA and fitted with a m88 and called a m6

• Like 1

just like some of the e24 m63csi in japan , started off as a std 635csiA and fitted with a m88 and called a m6

A guy I knew back in the UK had a M635CSi with an automatic 'box - same reason as suggested here. He lost his left leg in a building accident.

Caused all sorts of grief when he'd roll up at a club meet or show in a M635CSi-badged car with an auto 'box. "That's not a real M6," was a very common phrase heard.

From what my Japanese friend had offered in the way of info I'm pretty confident it's legit and disability is definitely the only logical explanation but surely a c63 or other behemoth brick would be sufficient without having to shut out such a percentage of possible future owners who surely would move on to another option if in the market.

If having a auto in it makes such a difference to price then someone who can pick up tools will grab a bargain and put a manual back in it. No biggie.

Or as suggested someone with a disability will get a great car at a bargain price.

Either way its win win.

• Like 1

Dude, whoever did this would have been a real enthusiast to do that and front the cash, clearly they wanted it and had the means to pay for it. Why would they or anyone give a rats arse about what the next owner wanted.

Really, like we all do ? I doubt it very much.

And if a behemoth brick is all that's suitable for a disabled dude then maybe you should start looking at trading the E46

• Like 4

It seems you've misread the tone of my post but that's par for the coarse when your fingers are doing the talking. Cheer up.

From what my Japanese friend had offered in the way of info I'm pretty confident it's legit and disability is definitely the only logical explanation but surely a c63 or other behemoth brick would be sufficient without having to shut out such a percentage of possible future owners who surely would move on to another option if in the market.

How do you know the conversion wasnt done from new? Werent a lot of options for elite euro sports cars back then like there are now, so its not like they could just jump in a C63 (couldve got an auto 2.3-16 cosworth, but who wants a merc?).

So this is pretty funny / sad / retarded / disturbing / infuriating!

Have a close look at the tranny, way to ruin a classic!

I struggle to understand what initiated the owner to come to this decision

but surely a c63 or other behemoth brick would be sufficient

It seems you've misread the tone of my post but that's par for the coarse when your fingers are doing the talking. Cheer up.

I think we got the tone of your post about right.

BUT. If we have got it wrong please enlighten us.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 2

oh sh*t. somebody's 'wrong' on the internet... #; )

yep, they wanted it auto. might have had two legs and one arm! or just hated manual. who cares, hopefully they enjoyed driving. And chose an M3 as their selected tool.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1