Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Very low K Nznew e39 540i

The pictures certainly don't give it any justice.

It would probably come up better with a good clean too.

Then again the fact its non an M sport would limit its appeal.

Spotted this also, Likely your right, probably is one of the tidiest ones left. Certainly some decent pics would help, have to agree with Michael though, non m-sport likely to limit its appeal, especially at those dollars.

You'd want to check to see if its been used the fully time or if its sat for a while, could lead to a few issues if its been parked up for an extended period in those 13 years, its only 4ish K a year

gosh those non-msport E39s are just.... dull, to look at.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind the non M models. Black interior is a non go though. Looks like a great car but with 3000 more you get an E60 2005.

Big dilemma.

• Like 1

Averaged a little under 8000 km/year until Feb 2008, in the past 7 years it added 1100km to the odometer. Wonder why - deceased estate maybe?

I'm calling this one as a likely hand grenade! Bit of a shame, but the odometer really has no bearing on the value of a used car these days (outside of genuine collectors items of course)

• Like 3

Averaged a little under 8000 km/year until Feb 2008, in the past 7 years it added 1100km to the odometer. Wonder why - deceased estate maybe?

I'm calling this one as a likely hand grenade! Bit of a shame, but the odometer really has no bearing on the value of a used car these days (outside of genuine collectors items of course)

Of course it has a bearing- but it's only because people are weird and think 160K is a high km car

• Like 6

Of course it has a bearing- but it's only because people are weird and think 160K is a high km car

+1

Helped a mate do a teardown and rebuild on an LS1 a little while back. Engine had done well over 300,000km and showed minimal wear on the cam and crank bearings. Factory honing marks were still visible. Granted the POs had obviously serviced it frequently with quality fluids but it really confirmed mileage is irrelevant when the car has been properly maintained. The difficulty is finding cars with a service history!

Edited by Ahmedsinc

+1

The difficulty is finding cars with a PROPER service history IN NZ!

Fixed that for you..

• Like 2

Fixed that for you..

But it's got dealer stamps...... it MUST have had everything done, that was ever required....

BAHAHAHAHA!

But it's got dealer stamps...... it MUST have had everything done, that was ever required....

BAHAHAHAHA!

Dont get me started on "ex fleet, full service history". We have fleet companies happily voiding warranties because they are too cheap to do an air filter or brake pads when needed.

• Like 3

Dont get me started on "ex fleet, full service history". We have fleet companies happily voiding warranties because they are too cheap to do an air filter or brake pads when needed.

That is ridiculous

i would definitely stay away from any company owned cars to be honest. i mean who even bothers to look after them?

checklist things to do with a company car that you dont give a fk about

- accelerate to 80kmh on first gear

- never check oil or water levels

- use the cheapest petrol possible unless company fuel card provided

^ You missed handbrake turns and burn outs!

• Like 2

i would definitely stay away from any company owned cars to be honest. i mean who even bothers to look after them?

checklist things to do with a company car that you dont give a fk about

- accelerate to 80kmh on first gear

- never check oil or water levels

And yet... they're often better maintained that privately owned cars...

I know LOTS of people whose cars I wouldn't buy - company owned sounds WAY better.

• Like 1

with the exception of Gull fuel, isn't all the petrol & diesel in NZ from the Marsden Point refinery? Making the only difference between suppliers their price point?