Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Bimmersport Upgrade - Stuff broken?

When I click on Browse - Forums I get an error code?

the difference in font and font background color (blue and white/grey) is not noticeable enough.

very difficult to differentiate between read and unread posts

On 27/07/2016 at 8:08 AM, *Glenn* said:

How do I restore my old avatar ?

Can someone please have a look at this ? I can't find where I can put my logo and website etc. As a sponsor I'd like people to recognise who I am when answering questions and offering advice. I think I should have said signature..not avatar. Are you also able to make all the sponsors logos a lot larger on the forum main page listing ?

On 30 July 2016 at 0:46 PM, M3AN said:

Tapatalk blows. Doubling up on signatures is unforgivable, adding an advertising signature to indexable post content is reason enough people shouldn't use it.

But Drew is correct, it's not obsolete.

But if you must use it TURN OFF THAT DAMN SIGNATURE because we can't!

I understood Tapatalk was so full of security holes it was lighter than swiss cheese.   Many forums blocked its use years ago.

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

I understood Tapatalk was so full of security holes it was lighter than swiss cheese.   Many forums blocked its use years ago.

Never used it myself and never really saw the point. I just hate the spammy signature. Most mobile phone signatures are just as bad - I could care less what somebody used to post something.

All the pinned items in the Maintenance section now take up almost the whole first page (leaves only one actual post visible). Maybe we can condense them down into a sort of FAQ thread?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KwS said:

All the pinned items in the Maintenance section now take up almost the whole first page (leaves only one actual post visible). Maybe we can condense them down into a sort of FAQ thread?

excellent idea!  Or perhaps an FAQ post at the front, with 1 line headers linking to the position in the FAQ thread...

23 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

Can someone please have a look at this ? I can't find where I can put my logo and website etc. As a sponsor I'd like people to recognise who I am when answering questions and offering advice. I think I should have said signature..not avatar. Are you also able to make all the sponsors logos a lot larger on the forum main page listing ?

Bump

Thanks Josh...really appreciate the effort you guys a putting into this

No worries mate, again sorry about the slowness. Things have slowed down a bit at work so I can now spend a bit more time on it.

there are some pretty sweet new features in this release. EG you can now copy an image in your copy paste buffer and directly paste it into a post. No more having to store images remotely and post img code in.

• Like 5

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or an issue with my settings(?), but when I click on a topic to read (filtered by new since my last visit), one I have read before, the old forum software use to send me to the last post when I'd last read the topic, so could continue reading happily.

Now however,clicking on the topic sends me to post 1 - page 1, and I either have to skip to the end and work backwards, or if i'm lucky recall the page/post I was up to...

Is this a setting? or some kind of cache thing?

26 minutes ago, E30-323ti said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or an issue with my settings(?), but when I click on a topic to read (filtered by new since my last visit), one I have read before, the old forum software use to send me to the last post when I'd last read the topic, so could continue reading happily.

Now however,clicking on the topic sends me to post 1 - page 1, and I either have to skip to the end and work backwards, or if i'm lucky recall the page/post I was up to...

Is this a setting? or some kind of cache thing?

Since the change everything has been reset to unread. Go to the top, mark entire site read and any new content from that date will show as unread. If a whole topic has been read and there is no new content it will start you at the start, otherwise it will start you at first new post.

Or at least thats how it was for me :)

Indeed, great progress Josh, we're getting used to the new look and way it works, and are noticing the incremental changes as you configure things.  Keep up the great work.

My $0.02 worth, I still miss the dark carbon background with grey text, though aside from the lack of brightness I must confess this black on white is easier to read!