Jacko

The 130i Thread

14 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Nice straight looking 2006 manual NZ new on faceballs for 9.5k, lots of options (like cruise) 

441408474_8123355351026644_6201832440652336236_n.jpg

Have you got a link? I can't find it anywhere. Maybe because I'm in Akl..

Its in the BMW New Zealand | Discussion/Classfied/Parts page

• Like 1

Looks nice.  But if that is yours get rid of that plate.  Easy pickings for a $200 fine.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Looks nice.  But if that is yours get rid of that plate.  Easy pickings for a $200 fine.

But only worth $3k right? 

2 hours ago, Jamez said:

But only worth $3k right? 

It's the going rate.  Just look at the minter I got for $3k.

• Haha 1

That's usually parked about 200m from my house if anyone wants me to check it out. There's three 130i on that street alone hah.

3 hours ago, Danch said:

Looks like the owner is going to drive up to Auckland if they can't sell it in Qtwn!

At that price im not sure why he thinks driving in to Auckland is going to improve his odds. By the looks of it he's only just started replacing all the original parts that are at their end of life cycle.

Why does everyone think the LCI's don't have hydraulic steering?
I've never seen an E87 with electric steering.

34 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Why does everyone think the LCI's don't have hydraulic steering?
I've never seen an E87 with electric steering.

I believe all NZ new and Jap import LCIs have hydraulic steering. Rest of the world got electric steering instead.

• Like 1

EU emissions regs. 

Has anyone gone to a single mass flywheel?
Kits are not too expensive these days.  I'm unsure of the condition of the Dual mass that has a slipping clutch plate.

10 hours ago, Driftit said:

Has anyone gone to a single mass flywheel?
Kits are not too expensive these days.  I'm unsure of the condition of the Dual mass that has a slipping clutch plate.

@Jacko has changed to the SMF in his car, I went for the DMF again in mine when I had to change it, I got the LUK kit from rockauto. A while back we had a quick drive of each others cars back to back, the SMF definitely makes the clutch much heavier but gives it a bit more feel and a sharper biting point. Given mine is daily driven in traffic, I'm really glad I stuck with the dual mass, but if it was just kept as a second car for fun drives the single mass could be a good option

Yeah Ive had Valeo single mass in mine for nearly 100,000km, change the gearbox fluid and its perfectly fine, stock fluid results in chatter when warm. Feels more "sporty" than stock as Matt says, its not like a truck clutch or anything, just more like an old school clutch with none of the self adjusting nonsense. Has been dumped and kicked many times, its easily up the job. 

I have replacement Valeo clutch kit for it to go in when engine gets swapped, took ages to find it (during covid in saying that)

Ah cheers guys.  I think I will go for the Single.
Sounds like it will be more suited to what I am after.  Seems the kits are pretty easy to get these days.

https://spareto.com/products/valeo-clutch-kit/835115

Just over $1000 landed.

• Like 2

Turns out the clutch is already quite heavy.  I suspect that it may already have a single mass flywheel and heavy clutch plate installed.  Would make sense at 207000kms for a reasonably neglected vehicle to have the cheaper option installed.

17 hours ago, Driftit said:

Ah cheers guys.  I think I will go for the Single.
Sounds like it will be more suited to what I am after.  Seems the kits are pretty easy to get these days.

https://spareto.com/products/valeo-clutch-kit/835115

Just over $1000 landed.

That's a good deal for a clutch kit

Throw Penrite Progear 75w90 in the box and bobs ya uncle, only real downside is you have to be deliberate and slow when shifting if its freezing out and box is cold, after a minute or so its fine and continues to be even when hot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mmario said:

CDV delete a must

Ah yeah I forgot modern manuals have such a thing.

Since listing my car three weeks ago, I’ve had multiple offers for 5k. Is that really all they are worth now? I spent almost double that a year ago to buy the car and back then they were getting snapped up before I could get a look at them. 
I want a manual 130i and I’m starting to think going towards a manual conversion might be the better option for me. Does anyone have any experience with the swap? 

5 minutes ago, Jadon said:

Since listing my car three weeks ago, I’ve had multiple offers for 5k. Is that really all they are worth now? I spent almost double that a year ago to buy the car and back then they were getting snapped up before I could get a look at them. 
I want a manual 130i and I’m starting to think going towards a manual conversion might be the better option for me. Does anyone have any experience with the swap? 

I've seen auto examples with lower kms (80,000~100,000kms) selling for 6~7k. 

Other forum members can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that manual conversion could cost around 5k if you can't do it yourself. 

Maybe it's worth selling yours for lower than your asking price and wait for the manual one that fits in your budget?

7 hours ago, Jadon said:

Appear to be a lot of auto's about currently, I almost bought one for 8 from Turners, the same car is now 6.5, buyers market at the moment I don't think it is just 130i's

Edited by mmario

On 4/4/2024 at 2:59 PM, Sammo said:

Which M3 did he buy? Although guess it won't be long before it is revealed

That was quick.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1