Jacko

The 130i Thread

ZF OE kit from FCP etc and Penrite ATF BMV (based on Ford Falcon's ive done with the same box). Probably other brands of fluid that meet the spec but Penrite is easy and cheap to get locally.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Eagle said:

ZF OE kit from FCP etc and Penrite ATF BMV (based on Ford Falcon's ive done with the same box). Probably other brands of fluid that meet the spec but Penrite is easy and cheap to get locally.

Thanks for that, how much fluid will I need roughly?  Keep seeing different recommendations online.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/128i/Automatic-Transmission/?year=2008&m=20&e=2053&t=5&b=9&d=829

I went with the BMW fluid.  And chucked in some Dr Tranny's shudder fix which solved my slight vibration at low RPM.
This French built GM gearbox is in many vehicles.

• Like 1

Given the recent maintenance this one might even be leak free and I reckon you could pick it up for close to $7k (2006, auto).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3502766603

That's a couple of grand worth of maintenance you won't have to worry about for some time.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Anyone got some style 208's they would like to part ways with? Wouldn't mind buying a set of 2 either.

Thanks!

looking for some 18's for my 130, not much around in Auckland that i can see at the moment.  

Would these fit?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/listing/3516981381?bof=FFk4YMgV

Also looking for window tint recommendations in Auckland.

Edited by ciderbeard

42 minutes ago, ciderbeard said:

looking for some 18's for my 130, not much around in Auckland that i can see at the moment.  

Would these fit?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/listing/3516981381?bof=FFk4YMgV

wrong size tyres to suit a 1 series. mags itself should be fine but you will need to size down on tyres

@NZ_InFerno - I'll buy that cluster cover if you're happy to sell it separately. Don't need the shifter given that mine is an auto!

@M3ANIf no one from bmsport buys the knob you can have it for free, just pay postage 

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Thanks 1

hey guys im back again haha.

Im looking to get this spoiler extension

Main Company:
https://maxtondesign.com/product-eng-8519-SPOILER-EXTENSION-BMW-1-E81-E87-FACELIFT-AERO-SPOILER.html?country=1143020151

I can also order it from Autostance 
around i think for $370 for the carbon (2-3weeks to ship) https://autostance.co.nz/product/bodykits/bodykits/bodykits/bodykits/width/bodykits/diameter/bodykits/ratio/bodykits/offset/bodykits/studpattern/bodykits/direction/bodykits/color/bodykits/name/spoiler-extension-cap-bmw-1-e81-e87-facelift-aero-spoiler-2007-2011/bodykitsbodykitsbodykitsbodykitsbodykits/

My main question is, that it only fits LCI versions 2007+ but my car is pre-lci (12/2006) would you still reckon they would fit?

44 minutes ago, Angelo said:

hey guys im back again haha.

Im looking to get this spoiler extension

My main question is, that it only fits LCI versions 2007+ but my car is pre-lci (12/2006) would you still reckon they would fit?

Its listed wrong on their website, fits the aero spoiler fine, its on my pre lci

247659200_10157938303432693_7382683195501642115_n (1).jpg

248956845_10157938303257693_3248044191413242045_n (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacko said:

Its listed wrong on their website, fits the aero spoiler fine, its on my pre lci

247659200_10157938303432693_7382683195501642115_n (1).jpg

248956845_10157938303257693_3248044191413242045_n (1).jpg

First photo is giving me mad WRX WRC vibes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Thanks man, did you order yours off of their main website? planning to just get mine from autostance but if their website works out cheaper then might consider

Ordered 2 from Maxton, M3AN got the other, shipping works out better

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Ordered 2 from Maxton, M3AN got the other, shipping works out better

cheers bro, just placed an order and now awaiting for payment and shipping fee 💪

On 3/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, ciderbeard said:

Would these fit?

@ciderbeard did you end up finding some new wheels yet?

I don’t suppose any of you 130i owners have a couple of cam angle sensors kicking around do you?

Trying to help a friend with an issue.

^ that car and plate looks very familiar, i think its an ex-members car. 

Im genuinely curious because I havent had much interest on the 130i i have listed on here and on trademe.

Its one of the lowest kms for the price with new headlining and bilsteins all round. Cosmetically has some scratches on bumpers but otherwise drives as it should without any problems. Is it too expensive?? Honestly just thinking to keep it if I cant sell it for 8k..

I think yours is fairly priced @qube although I might have accepted that $7.5k offer and kept the front shocks to sell separately just to be done with it. I wonder how many are selling at all at the moment, TM ads seem to be hanging around quite a while for these things. Most people won't factor in the value of new parts to their purchasing consideration unless they're some type of enthusiast that recognises the value.

You could always start an auction with a lowish starting price and an 8k reserve to see if you get any bites, costs you nothing but time unless it sells.

Yea i was contacting him and accepted 7.5 without front shocks but he bailed and so i decided to just install them. The prev ones were crashing everywhere cuz it turned out to be for non msport models. 
much better now and too bad if i dont get my money back on it. At least its nicer to drive while i have the car and looks like it may be staying judging by the quiet market. 

I get the impression everything is selling slowly at the moment, including petrol cars. Id hold on to it for a bit, 8k is cheap. 

• Like 1