Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

2007 Z4 E86 Coupe low kms and mint!

One of these would be a pleasure to own surely? Sensibly priced, with the glorious N52 B3 engine. This car ticks all the boxes, Motorsport spec so seats and suspension, steering wheel black head lining. The owner has kept it well maintained, fresh PS4's all round, new discs and Bilsteins on all corners. Had a look at it underneath its just like an almost new car, FSH too, and mostly first paint. Just a lovely car in white.

The Anders Warming flame surfacing with a hint of Bangle has come into its own 20 years after conception, to me the E86 is the epitome of this.

However the inappropriate M badges do make me grind my gears  ☹️

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/z4/listing/3820045953?bof=PuKvfbDQ

Edited by Bandit
sp
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Not my cuppa tea, but each to their own. Would have expected a manual box for 30k??

I like it more than I expected to but...what he said.

1 hour ago, topnotchrally said:

1 hour ago, topnotchrally said:

Crikey you are a hard lot to please. 🙁  Buy on condition surely for something like this. From memory only four manual 6 speed  in New Zealand. All fiercely protected by the owners too.

I think it’s a tough market atm. I am seeing some absolute bargains in Aus too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Contrails said:

I think it’s a tough market atm. I am seeing some absolute bargains in Aus too. 

People just aren't making larger purchases. Mrs Wife-Person will spend a bit extra on a different lipstick, while Mr Hubby will OK a better cut of meat. But TVs, hifi, cars, motorbikes, and even houses... Nope. Sit tight, and wait to see what happens.

Holidays may be the exception, but even the mid-upper price holidays just aren't selling, with people choosing a cheaper option.

• Like 1

How much were these, verses a 130i at the time? I have no idea but I suspect any premium was low, and if that's the case then I'd expect not a lot different in today's terms. Only very special cars justify a very special price.

8 hours ago, M3AN said:

How much were these, verses a 130i at the time? I have no idea but I suspect any premium was low, and if that's the case then I'd expect not a lot different in today's terms. Only very special cars justify a very special price.

Id say the Z4 coupe is significantly rarer than the dime-a-dozen 130i, so can command a higher price for that, but 30k might be a tad on the rich side.

9 hours ago, KwS said:

Id say the Z4 coupe is significantly rarer than the dime-a-dozen 130i, so can command a higher price for that, but 30k might be a tad on the rich side.

I think this is the same mistake the seller is making, there are heaps of rare things that are worthless. Scarcity on the other hand directly affects value. Whilst there are lot more 130's on the used market, there's also a lot more demand for them than there is for Z4's.

I asked about the retail price when new because that will indicate how much more valuable BMW considered the Z4 was than the 'equivalent' 130 at the time, if it was a 20% premium (for example) then that's where I'd start.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GorGasm said:

15-20k tops.  30, is Z4 35i money.

If the E89 had the fastback style of the E86 it would be one of the all time great BMW shapes, but I guess a slight compromise has to be made for the bonus of having the option of the roof up or down. 

It's as real shame that BMW didn't capitalise on the success of the GT3/E cars and do an M version, the N54 cars were a really sweet thing to drive,  there definitely would have been a (small) market for breathed on engine and some grunty flairs ala the 1M.

Interesting.  The E89 hardtop looks decent, as you say, I guess they figured that would cover both bases.

Will also be interesting to see what 7% mortgage rates do to car prices in the next year as peoples mortgages roll over.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, KwS said:

14,077 130i's

17,094 Z4 Coupe

• Confused 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:49 PM, M3AN said:

Was curious so went to look it up, only pricing I could find for both was UK 2006

Z4 3lsi roadster 34000 british peso, 32500 for coupe, 130i 31500 britsh peso (both base manuals).. roughly 2.8 exchange to NZ in 2006. I cant remember where I found it, but my NZ new 130 was 95k NZD with option boxes ticked, which was like $15k+ more than a golf R32... Wonder why they didnt sell very well :D 

Soo... 130 under priced or Z4 3.0 over priced. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Thanks 1

Wow, paint me surprised on both counts, volume and cost... 130i seems to be bargain of the era at <15k and Z4 at ~30k is ridiculously overpriced, even 20k looks like a terrible deal.

Of course one needs to factor in personal circumstances, a 130i is likely to be a "main car" for most and a Z4 could well be a "second car" for many, and in that case those people wanting a Z4 may be prepared to pay more because it's a "luxury" purchase as opposed to a "necessity". Economics and all.

Regardless, we're all in agreement that it's unlikely to sell at the current rate.

12,819 Z4 3.0si coupés, and 4,275 Z4M coupés.

You can break the numbers down a lot further LHD/RHD.

If we didnt have the entire japanese fleet of 130s, there would be more 1Ms than 130s in NZ :D 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jacko said:

14,077 130i's

17,094 Z4 Coupe

That may be the production totals, but how many of each are currently available for sale? 

On 11/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, M3AN said:

Wow, paint me surprised on both counts, volume and cost... 130i seems to be bargain of the era at <15k and Z4 at ~30k is ridiculously overpriced, even 20k looks like a terrible deal.

Of course one needs to factor in personal circumstances, a 130i is likely to be a "main car" for most and a Z4 could well be a "second car" for many, and in that case those people wanting a Z4 may be prepared to pay more because it's a "luxury" purchase as opposed to a "necessity". Economics and all.

Regardless, we're all in agreement that it's unlikely to sell at the current rate.

Three interested parties and sold for the asking. Very happy buyer and seller was too.

Good cars that stack up are still selling well.