Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Jooles' E31 project log

Picked up a spare lock from Brent today so will fix as soon as I can find time!

But then you have to remember to use the clutch when you start the car... Almost as hard as remembering not to use your handbrake when it's busted! Goddamn these learned habits!!

• Like 2

But then you have to remember to use the clutch when you start the car... Almost as hard as remembering not to use your handbrake when it's busted! Goddamn these learned habits!!

You think that's bad... I'm currently driving an auto Touran, that HAS a clutch pedal - ready for the manual conversion - try to NOT use it when approaching stop signs etc :lol:

• Like 3

Most modern manuals need the clutch pushed in before you can startt em(well the 120d did)

Edited by kiwi535

You can tell I don't get to drive many modern manuals!

She's at GDH panel shop while off road waiting for a new radiator. Cracked nose has been repaired and reinforced and the paint shop has just started priming. Bumper and csi spoiler and diffuser should be painted and fitted before the weekend. Saw a test fitting and I'm a bit concerned about how low it'll be... I've got a nasty steep drive. Eek.

4938be228a39a453a56e4d462f5514aa.jpg

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Do everything in reverse .... this is how I get the 540 down mine :D

It'll be an absolute nightmare to reverse down but I guess I may have to learn!

Raise the suspension :P 

Might have to. Although even at standard height the csi front can be problematic because the bonnet is so long!

• Like 1

Taking shape!! csi front on and managed to repurpose the standard license plate base...

19970610199_0e76cbd4f9_c.jpg

19970611279_b4f33bcb94_c.jpg

20157280785_3eb3e7fae7_c.jpg

Rear diffuser will be be fitted by the end of the day, then I've got to start work adapting the E36 M3 mirrors I have while I'm still waiting on the new radiator :(

Will take proper pics soon.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 8

oooh wow, so much better.

Does the bonnet/bumper line up better now too?

Yep, all sorted.

EDIT: Actually, not quite perfect but getting there. I think there is a headlight issue I need to work on before I can get it perfectly aligned, but it's way better than it was.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Held back, I think. I don't mind short distances but I think any decent pressure and the old radiator tank will explode.

Aww. Fair call wouldnt want any coolant mess all over your crinkle black paint etc!

More concerned about the engine overheating than a bit of mess TBH!

And just picked up... OE front was easy to fit and fits beautifully, the rear rep not so much. Looks pretty good but I'll definitely be looking for an OE one in the future. The hooks on the rear bumper were all broken so the diffuser is glued. I'll take some pics of it when the glue has cured and the tape's off.

19540953403_0ac76d3276_c.jpg

Edit: And no problems navigating our drive. Sweet!

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 5

MUCH better now and it actually flows with the sideskirts than being higher up!

a discrete lip of some kind would be nice?

Not sure why you'd want another lip? Not least because it would scrape on a leaf! I did fit the OE rubber strip along the bottom of the spoiler. It's about an inch wide and will hopefully give some protection (or early warning) from scrapes.

• Like 2