Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Jooles' E31 project log

Not quite, Martin. Got all the gear now but other more pressing issues to sort so it the csi kit might have to wait for a while!

Ooo... Modern. Should be able to solder on a tiny resistor between the bulb terminals and the base to get rid of any OBC errors.

post-16586-0-58306700-1423104482.jpg

• Like 1

Ooo sporty. Does look much better. Yellow bulbs are so awful.

I just changed my interior lights to all LEDs. It's quite refreshing.

That bumper CSi piece will make a big difference. Where did you score that?

Did a deal with Alan Ferguson. It was a damaged one so I paid for the repairs. Got most of the fitting kit now but need to track down the csi air duct. The little scoops and license plate base will have to wait and are non-essential to the bumper fitment... Although, as said, I think it'll be a fair while before I can afford to get all the csi bits painted.

Pulled the top half off for reconditioning. Thanks to Martin for help and a garage! Took a few hours but nothing too difficult, just a few tricky bolts securing the manifolds and a fair bit of mucking around to prise the valve covers off.

Cleaning and powdercoating next week plus a few other jobs while everything's out:

• Clean and replace injector seals
  • Clean inlet and injector ports
  • Paint any red still showing in the bay that I can get to
  • Wrinkle black the strut bar
  • Paint the washer tanks
  • Lock the banjo bolts (one was loose, though that's not too bad in 23 years)

16455759205_5b981bf19e_c.jpg

16454022251_ca1cfbba36_c.jpg

16269517759_ce6561d03b_c.jpg

16268331380_f440564d07_c.jpg

16268332530_abed11bee9_c.jpg

• Like 4

That's what I call a man on a mission :) good work bud

• Like 1

What a brave man Jooles. :P

Looks pretty reasonable under the cam covers... no nasty build up :)

• Like 1

Was pleasantly surprised, Mike. The injectors are pretty messed up... I've got new seals, filters and pintles but not sure I'm brave enough to tackle full recons as they're quite fragile.

DOHC would be awesome. Alan says one of his mate's is close to completing a DOHC S70 though there are quite a few attempted and failed DOHC M70 and S70 projects online... An no completed.

• Like 1

Could they be using or trying to use s50 dohc heads? What with the s50b32 being based off the s70/2?

Out with the old....

16282111890_c9dc29280a_z.jpg

In with the new....

15846936604_282001251c_c.jpg

Had imagined it would be harder but took around an hour for all 12 injectors. Most difficult bit is removing the old filters but a small screw, pliers and a bit of force made short work of them. Would be nice to replace the two Lucas injectors but not a priority.

Hoping I can get the spray patterns tested and ultrasonically cleaned before they go back in...

Screw and pliers to pull the filters out, if the crush ring stays behind just lever the injector on and angle with the screw and pull hard!

16282106580_8da972bcf3_z.jpg

16469532755_9e1e59e91d_z.jpg

O-rings are easy to remove with a small hook tool.

16469534825_3c41cdf43b_z.jpg

Cut the side of the pintle cap with a knife so it slips off easily, be careful not to damage the pintle itself.

16469535475_284a5e34a7_z.jpg

16443536846_2d1f6d94c1_z.jpg

Bang the new filter in lightly with a small hammer and fit the o-rings and pintles.

16282111170_c25d1b6241_z.jpg

Good as new.

16283641727_86b0b21353_z.jpg

• Like 2

Lucky you! I just had to stare at Peters 850csi all day on the club stand at ellerslie...my eyes hurt from the eye candy of it

• Like 2

And still not done 30k

• Like 1

are you getting them all checked etc ?? I had my ones in my e28 with the M88 checked over and after 250,000km they where still 98-99% good

I use a place in papakura to overhaul and check there flow rate etc

they are a bosch agent

http://www.autoelec.co.nz/

Hope to, if I can find somewhere not too outrageously expensive. Thanks for the link, Brent.

they are not too bad , flush and clean etc , don't remember it costing too much $30-40 each maybe??\

but that was only 6 of them , suppose 12 of them adds up a bit :)

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

I got all my injectors rebuilt, tested etc at my closest Bosch agent who are diesel and turbo, was just over $200 including all parts etc.

I strongly recommend you pick up one of these before you start putting the intake back on, much easier to hold th nuts so you don't drop them, only costs about $5 this tool as well. push the button and little claws come out etc. a magnet solution doesn't work

46F39FAE-B4ED-4EEC-BEA0-03D7E3C6FAA7_zps