_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

Just now, andrewm said:

Ive got a threaded rod with brass press cups that i bought as the e39 rear ball joint tool from the UK. Is the touring the same?

Tool looks like the one in attached image for ‘ball joints’ also in image. 

795665AC-9547-406E-B2F6-D3F4D970B92F.jpeg

Yep those balljoints are the same across all e39’s.

i’ll Pm ya.

Now have a hub puller set in Auckland available (can ship). A seriously useful tool if you're doing hubs or bearings.

Hub_Puller.jpg.52ddf3b03c863b1b5d9167c546533bdb.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone in the Hamilton area have a multimeter I can borrow for an afternoon friday or Saturday this week. Need to test my battery 

A multi meter will only give you voltage. It will not do a load test which is what you need to do after charging it for at least 24hrs. If its over three years old...replace it

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

Looking for a pressure tester to find a small coolant leak. 

Located auckland 

@qube I have one you can borrow.

Looking to borrow/hire trailing arm bushing tool to remove and press in new bushings. Also for other rear ball joints/bushes.

12 minutes ago, Secniv said:

Looking to borrow/hire trailing arm bushing tool to remove and press in new bushings. Also for other rear ball joints/bushes.

@zero, @BatMansWilly

• Like 1

Looking to borrow a bearing separator to do my e30’s rear wheel bearings 

happy to pay tracked postage to/from

thanks

D11AB56B-E02C-46C8-9EBB-8525D9D1F502.png

21 minutes ago, modz said:

Looking to borrow a bearing separator to do my e30’s rear wheel bearings 

happy to pay tracked postage to/from

thanks

What size? Mine's 75mm to 105mm... more than welcome to borrow it if it will fit (assuming I can find it!).

Hi.

Has anyone in Hamilton got a socket (or tool) I can borrow to undo the output shaft nut a Getrag 260 gearbox?  I've tried the ones out of my socket set, but they're not deep enough and interfere with the output shaft.

Cheers.

Dean.

If anyone needs the following I have them for hire at reasonable rates:

- Engine brace (sits across your engine bay) to do sump, subframe etc work

- Engine stand 

- Panel stand with foam tops usually have 1-2 of these available

Pick up in Howick and bond required

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Anyone have a wiper arm puller i could borrow?

I realise there's a proper tool but I just use a two or three arm puller depending which will fit. I have a puller set you can use.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I realise there's a proper tool but I just use a two or three arm puller depending which will fit. I have a puller set you can use.

Yeah i used a 2 jaw on the M5’s one... easy as. On the wagon though, have tried 2 jaw pullers (now bent) wd40, heat, love taps, prying. No joy. Need the proper tool i think.

Looking to borrow e34 rear subframe Bush tool so I dont burn the car in frustration.  Cheers

Has anyone got a scan tool in akl just had a cel come up the dash is pulling up code 131 which is for a bulb but I feel like that’s not why the cel came on 

I have the Carly app and transmitter, you're more than welcome to try that if you want to swing by Ellerslie, send me a PM.

• Like 1

Anyone have an O2 sensor socket I can borrow? N52 engine if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

59 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Anyone have an O2 sensor socket I can borrow? N52 engine if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Sorry mate I don’t but if you’re in a pinch they’re $18 from repco click and collect and I can send you my repco vip number for discount

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, M3AN said:

Cheers.

I have one that fits the sensor size on N54 pre cat sensors....I can check the size tomorrow...I'm pretty sure it's about as 'standard' as they come? 

9 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

I have one that fits the sensor size on N54 pre cat sensors....I can check the size tomorrow...I'm pretty sure it's about as 'standard' as they come? 

All good, thanks mate, I picked up a cheepie from Repco the other day. It's not the perfect tool but it did the trick.

22mm FWIW. I could have used a spanner since it was the easy to access sensor.

4 hours ago, M3AN said:

All good, thanks mate, I picked up a cheepie from Repco the other day. It's not the perfect tool but it did the trick.

22mm FWIW. I could have used a spanner since it was the easy to access sensor.

Glad it's sorted! Sounds like you had a bit of luck with the access there. They have always been total nightmares for me (at least the pre cat ones. The post cat ones...not so bad. 

Anyone have a car battery charge i can borrow? Not jumper leads. I want to hook the car up to a power source while running the self bleeding procedure for the cooling system on the e61 and also to do some diagnostic testing for discharging on my battery. Thanks!