Apex

Quick rant thread.

Thinking about getting a new phone - mine has done well for the last several years, but it is showing signs of being quite tired.

I like the spec of the Galaxy S7 Edge... Except for the size. OK, you can get the Galaxy S7, but that doesn't have the curved sides. Bit of a gimmick, but I like it.

The Galaxy S6 Edge was the same size as the S7, and it had curved sides... Why does the S7 Edge have to be bigger than the S7???

First world problems haha

Edited by digital_frankenstein
  • Like 1

First world problems haha

It's the little things. Big things I can normally sort!

They need to let the tarseal completely dry, otherwise people would get tar on their cars and they would have to fork out to get them all clean.

Its probably also a safety thing.

The repair in question is hotmix, not tar. Thank goodness.

Thinking about getting a new phone - mine has done well for the last several years, but it is showing signs of being quite tired.

I like the spec of the Galaxy S7 Edge... Except for the size. OK, you can get the Galaxy S7, but that doesn't have the curved sides. Bit of a gimmick, but I like it.

The Galaxy S6 Edge was the same size as the S7, and it had curved sides... Why does the S7 Edge have to be bigger than the S7???

I have the s7 and its awesome.

Its edges are very slightly curved so it sits better in the hand than the s6.

The s7 edge is easier to drop because the sides are so curved.

Both are streets ahead of the s6 and s6 edge.

Battery life and camera are outstanding - a huge jump up from my old s4.

I have the s7 and its awesome.

Its edges are very slightly curved so it sits better in the hand than the s6.

The s7 edge is easier to drop because the sides are so curved.

Both are streets ahead of the s6 and s6 edge.

Battery life and camera are outstanding - a huge jump up from my old s4.

I really like the idea of the phone being face down and still being able to see the time on the 'side' of the screen.

I'm getting worse than my daughter. I've never had anything like that, and here I am wondering why everything doesn't do that! :blink:

Yea the always on feature is pretty cool.

You can configure it to display what you want.

I set mine to just have the time and text message alert.

Touch-less washes are only any good at keeping a clean car clean,

this applies to any auto carwash. back when I was in high school, my saturday job was at a Rub-a-Dub auto carwash. How clean came out was directly proprtional to how clean the car was going in. made em shiny though. #8 )

• Like 1

So much bickering and fighting in this forum. Its no wonder there arent many newbies sticking around.

Still better than Facebook, but not by much.

• Like 1

So much bickering and fighting in this forum. Its no wonder there arent many newbies sticking around.

Still better than Facebook, but not by much.

its not just newbies that get put off
  • Like 2

Councils and dog control.
OK - it serves a purpose. But the top 6 most costly items on the list of what dog registration pays for are:

• Dog registration administration
  • Printing and Stationery
  • Administration staff costs
  • Advertising and public notices
  • Registration tags
  • National Dog Database levies

So... We're paying fees to cover the process involved with our paying fees?

There's a list of other items which appear far more relevant and appropriate, sadly including euthanasia and carcass disposal, but also "overheads." they go into enough detail around gas and electricity for supply the pounds (also listed) so what are overheads?

My wife and daughter went to an organised dog training group this evening to find the council and police waiting, scanning all dogs for microchips and checking for registration. Seems a monumental waste of taxpayers, and dog registration fee payers money. Sure, they may have caught a couple of people, but those prepared to pay to attend dog training classes are hardly likely to be the worst offenders when it comes to non-payment of registration fees!!

Everything was a very heavy approach highlighting fines, infringements, seizure and impounding of dogs, prosecution and so on.

Yeah, I know. I got me a bit of a bee in my bonnet over this. Surely the main thrust of any such action should be against those who feel it's a good idea to cross-breed pit bulls with dobermans or mastiffs, and the like? For reference, here's our contribution to the dangerous dogs register, an animal so vicious she was singled out for special attention and manhandling by a council officer supervised by a taser-equipped policeman in body armour. (OK - I know... That's standard uniform for the police in public these days.)

post-51211-0-39998200-1458635850.jpg

I think local bodies in NZ have long forgotten who they are here to serve, and who funds them.

• Like 3

Facebook.

Then having Facebook flooded with lefty anti Key tears and rants because they didn't get their sports logo as a flag.

The Trump voters of NZ.

• Like 1

Facebook.

Then having Facebook flooded with lefty anti Key tears and rants because they didn't get their sports logo as a flag.

The Trump voters of NZ.

We move in different circles.

All I have seen is celebrations at the old flag being retained!

• Like 1

Facebook.

The Trump voters of NZ.

It should never, ever have been treated as a left and right debate.

Lefties single handedly ruined the exercise by politicising the whole thing.

If the Nats had said right this is the flag we are changing to, then of course there needs to be debate, but when as much as is possible of the process is decided by the people, left and right shouldn't come into it at all.

• Like 4

Posted Image missed opportunity is all the outcome represents a la this photo

It should never, ever have been treated as a left and right debate.

Lefties single handedly ruined the exercise by politicising the whole thing.

If the Nats had said right this is the flag we are changing to, then of course there needs to be debate, but when as much as is possible of the process is decided by the people, left and right shouldn't come into it at all.

agreed. I've not seen normally intelligent people confusing the question of a new flag with one 'side' or the 'other' of our two main centrist parties! How people get "left" or "right" out of two parties so closely aligned with the middle, is beyond me. #8 )

Most folks I know were concerned about the state of the logos proposed not offering a genuine alternative to our existing flag.

It was an interesting exercise; how differently could we have used that $26M eh? Hey ho, at least the final referendum question was clear and unambiguous; that in itself should be celebrated. #8 )

Edited by Olaf

It was an interesting exercise; how differently could we have used that $26M eh? Hey ho, at least the final referendum question was clear and unambiguous; that in itself should be celebrated. #8 )

I could make a long list of different ways it could have been used, but I'm told this was money the government puts aside for political activities. (Left and Right...?)

I would have spent about $1.5m reopening the passenger line between Auckland and Hamilton, and $1.1m a year for the next 5 years running that line. That would have made a lot of difference to a lot of people, and leaves $19m for similar activities elsewhere in the country.

sounds good to me Graham. We could have reduced a number of waiting lists for cancer ops around the country, in addition to the rail link.

NZ no longer has a left and a right, only the outdated notion of such #8 )

Facebook being Facebook is spamming my feed with what and who it feels is relevant. Getting it 100% wrong as per usual, by showing me all these whinging posts from people I don't know, of which someone I bearly know has clicked "like" on their misinformed anti right rant.

My rant is more directed at facebooks shitty filtering. Doesn't place my sisters post in my feed at all. But does chuck in some halfwit never heard of DJs post about something I have never mentioned or participated in.

Using Facebook less and less. It's a good thing.

People on Facebook ranting about Facebook.

Just cancel your account and spare us all.

Otherwise you deserve all you get.

- Facebook free since 2004 and proud of it.

• Like 2

^^^^ Ha - forgot my password a few years ago & haven't bothered the easy task of recovering it. Not missing anything either!

- Facebook free since 2004 and proud of it.

^^^^ Ha - forgot my password a few years ago & haven't bothered the easy task of recovering it. Not missing anything either!

Never had an account, and only once a month I check the Huntly expressway Facebook.

I try to stay well away from it, some of the story's you hear, can be ferry nasty.

Facebook...the only friends I have o facebook are people I actually know,i frewuently "hide" the sh*t I dont want to see

• Like 1

I could make a long list of different ways it could have been used, but I'm told this was money the government puts aside for political activities. (Left and Right...?)

The money was used to pay for postage....I sh*t you not it went to NZ Post. Big 'Ol circle

Bring on online voting tapatalk NZ election lmao

• Like 1

F##ken tenants you trusted that contaminate the house with Meth. A##holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!