Apex

Quick rant thread.

People who list SMG, DSG, ETC or what ever other transmissions on Trade-Me as Manual.

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

I don't care what anyone says, if its does not have a third pedal its not a manual transmission.

• Like 15

People who list SMG, DSG, ETC or what ever other transmissions on Trade-Me as Manual.

Rant marked 1/10.

Lack of extreme hyperbole, absence of excessive swearing and proper spelling all counted against.

You also left out 'dont you know who I am'.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

I agree with Westy, if you want to see a proper rant find one of 3pedals posts about automatic gearboxes.

And, sorry, but SMG = Sequential Manual Gearbox, emphasis being on the MANUAL part of the words :ph34r:

• Like 3

Thread point missed. It's just a thread for quick rants about things that annoy you. Light hearted.

Pants. Next week is retire shorts and jandel work attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

People who park next to you when there are plenty of free spaces that aren't immediately beside me.

People who park too far away from the fuel pump so that a second car can't get in.

People who don't indicate at roundabouts (Euros at Ayr St./Shore Rd. Intersection this means you!)

• Like 2

Thread point missed. It's just a thread for quick rants about things that annoy you. Light hearted.

Oh I see. As you were then.

• Like 2

I agree with Westy, if you want to see a proper rant find one of 3pedals posts about automatic gearboxes.

And, sorry, but SMG = Sequential Manual Gearbox, emphasis being on the MANUAL part of the words :ph34r:

If there was emphasis it would be written SMG. Although I think SMG is cool, It's automating the process for you, so imo not manual. But thats just my interpretaion.

People who dont know who I am.

Dont you know who I am?

• Like 7

Manual to me means a gearbox where I have to use my foot to depress the clutch to engage a gear. I don't want any help with that thank you.

My rant - Vodafone.

• Like 1

people who take forever to order their food and hold up others

people who cant pronounce simple words like teriyaki as in teriyaki chicken.. (ive heard taranaki chicken, tandoori chicken, tarakihi chicken... seriously??)

• Like 3

This happens to me at McDonalds. I've all the time in the world to decide while waiting in line and then I get to the counter and panic and order the same thing as always. I'm not ready for this type of responsibility.

• Like 6

people who cant pronounce simple words like teriyaki as in teriyaki chicken.. (ive heard taranaki chicken, tandoori chicken, tarakihi chicken... seriously??)

Taranaki Chicken tastes like Fish.

140730_PLUS_OITNBArticle_jpg_CROP_promo-

• Like 4

Like this?

0212_03zoom+2002_bmw_m3+shifter_view.jpg

It should be Semi-Manual-Gearbox because it's knob is only half the length.

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

People.

People who have better rants than me.

• Like 2

I have the sprintshift in the Merc MH which is a manual gearbox controlled by a computer and the clutch working off hydraulics. It can drive in Auto & Manual. The MH weighs in at over 3 tons and changing gears manualy and having engine braking makes driving it a dream. The 2.2 TDI engine has a sh*t load of grunt which combined with the trans makes it a pleasure to drive long distances. I must also add.... I don't hold up traffic 100kph full time no problems just need to slow down in the twisties as you would in a car. I can also run at about 15-20 kph over the recommended speeds indicated on road signs.

• Like 1

People who pull out and sit in the middle of the road before you have even gone past

Wealthy tourists in campervans.

Anyone over 60

Anyone under 10

Self entitled middle aged women

Young parents

Bogans

Upper Management

People of Dirty South Car Club

People who think Cannabis makes you lazy

Lazy people who also smoke Cannabis, thanks for giving it a bad name you sh*t c**ts

The National Government

Islamic State

Basic Bitches

/Rant

Edited by pldubs
  • Like 9

Whoops... that went well over my head. /back on topic

My rant would have to be //M badges on non-M Sport cars, and not in the right place - pedantic much?

• Like 2

Like this?

0212_03zoom+2002_bmw_m3+shifter_view.jpg

[rant]

People that point out I have no idea what I'm talking about.

[/rant]

Well played :)

• Like 1

Oh, I can follow up on that. It's not just you.

Those air freshener things that clip into vents. They look as bad as an aftermarket head deck in a 80/90's BMW.

• Like 4

I have the sprintshift in the Merc MH which is a manual gearbox controlled by a computer and the clutch working off hydraulics. It can drive in Auto & Manual. The MH weighs in at over 3 tons and changing gears manualy and having engine braking makes driving it a dream. The 2.2 TDI engine has a sh*t load of grunt which combined with the trans makes it a pleasure to drive long distances. I must also add.... I don't hold up traffic 100kph full time no problems just need to slow down in the twisties as you would in a car. I can also run at about 15-20 kph over the recommended speeds indicated on road signs.

[rant]

People that hold me up doing less than double the recommended speed sign

[/rant]

• Like 1