Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

Guest Simon*

Hahahahaha I found that quite funny, Sorry about that Simon.

That's alright it's not as sad as it sounds, honest :D

Just been checking on and off throughout the day around work stuff

Don't you worry, I'm not judging :D

I just did a speed test of the connection here at Uni.

Posted Image

Tick tock goes the clock.

I can feel my life passing me by :lol:

Just jokes man! Eagerly awaiting this, give me some inspiration to finish mine.

This isn't even a 100% run video :D There is gravel all over the road in case of ice.

But the clear bits of road sure are a blast heh.

Oh wow, the quality is so sh*t right now. Say's it will improve though as it processes more. Enjoy.

SICK, your gonna have to take me for a blast one day for sure!

Excellent Video. Looked like you were working overtime with that steering wheel.

Amazing Video though well done.

Wow, that's choice. You're a lot more confident at the grip limits than I am!

I wonder if my steering inputs are as busy as yours? I have a feeling they are lol....I want a video camera :(

Edited by JiB

I work overtime with the steering wheel to constantly analyse the surface of the road. I give it quick hard turns to the inside of the curve during cornering to try and induce understeer, this enables me to figure out how much grip the road is giving the car. It is only useful on a cliff road because you MUST leave a margin for error, and that's how I test how close that limit is.

Glad you all enjoy so far :D

Guest Simon*

Good vid mate

Like the highlights at the end - guy in the Pulsar must have soiled his undies when you came round sideways :D

Ahhah yes I bet, the oversteer was canceled while we were side by side, then I resumed it :D

I wonder if my steering inputs are as busy as yours? I have a feeling they are

Nope (at least not at the Pukekohe Park Rally Sprint).

Well, finally got the set up to the track. Spent the first hour playing with the shock adjusters and have now dialed the car in perfectly. With smooth throttle control it will neither understeer nor oversteer, all 4 wheels let go together. The tires on the front are a bit better than the rubber on the back (effectively 195 direzzas vs 205 pilot precedas) so will have to redial it when I get 2 more pilots.

And when really pushing the car, over steer will happen on corner entry, and pure grip with a nice understeer push to the rumble strips on exit. Mid corner is very well balanced, especially without passengers haha (only did 2 stints by myself)

I lowered the car right down at the front and not quite all the way at the back, but an hour into the day the rear tires were falling to bits on the outer edge, so I lowered it right down to get better camber. Still not enough though, even at the front (see outside edge melted michelin photo), I blame 14inch wheels on the back and rolling tires. The fronts would be sweet once I get the bigger sway bars. The camber would be perfect with stiff semislicks or 17 inch wheels. But who the hell wants 17's on a e30?! Semislicks it is :D

Andy Neale said to everyone at the start a goal for the day would be to get through the fast left hander before the hairpin at 130kph (he was talking to guys with 255+'s and 400+hp), I got through at 140 consistantly when alone in the car (lighter) so I'm fully actually wickedly stoked with this car, it's amazing for it's age. The GC kit is quite the business. And the driving training is going well I must add :D

*forgot pics ha

post-1573-1253131956.jpg

post-1573-1253131971.jpg

Edited by Incary

nice about the corner speed dude. sounds like ground control proving to be the hard out business.

ya tried bridgestone RE001s? maybe give them a go before stepping to the semi's? not as expensive

an grip bloody well. an asymmetrical like the Michelin ^_^

Wow, looks like you were driving the tits off that thing. Tyres are munted!

How did you judge the speed through Pothole?.... E30 speedos are mega inaccurate. Mine reads about 15km/h too fast.

Wow, looks like you were driving the tits off that thing. Tyres are munted!

How did you judge the speed through Pothole?.... E30 speedos are mega inaccurate. Mine reads about 15km/h too fast.

your speedo that far out? wow thats huge! what size tyre u running? not undersized?

your speedo that far out? wow thats huge! what size tyre u running? not undersized?

From my experience most cars seem to be optimistic when it comes to Speedo showing the correct speed.

Most read 10-15km faster on the GPS, this got worse the higher speed was, mates Honda at 180k only showed 164km on the GPS for example, which he didn't like, as he was hitting 180k (on the speedo) on the straight at Ruapuna, but really only doing 165ish lol

I can't view it..? "This video is private"

Edit: never mind.

Edited by crazyarab

Well Mr Neale said it was right on target for mega speed through there while he was in the car with me, and that was at the start of the day with an indicated 120kph.

And I'm very happy with the Michelins, look how awesome they went compared to the dunlops haaa, did so well out there. I wouldn't waste time with another brand or model of road tire for track use, would head straight to a R888 or some slicks like ol' Rileys :D

And E30 speedos aren't nearly as bad as yamaha tachos ahaa.

I can't view it..? "This video is private"

Oh the summit vid, search youtube for 'e30 summit rd run' and go straight to 1min30secs.

Guest FrantiC

I just watched your 0-200km/h video. Whats with the intense steering wheel wobble under braking lol

Well Mr Neale said it was right on target for mega speed through there while he was in the car with me, and that was at the start of the day with an indicated 120kph.

Yeah guys, Henry is probably the best driver on the forum. Leave him alone.