Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

1986 M325 E30's on TradeMe

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stock NZ New:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=218382294

2.7l + Mods:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=215677583

Gauging interest and probing for advice really.

I am still on the hunt for a track worthy E30 and the above were the ones that jumped out at me so far.

Both seem to have fairly high asking prices, then again they seem to be great examples.

Planning to go see the one in Christchurch this weekend if the guy gets back to me.

10k is pretty high. but i would go for the 2.7 if i had a choice

edit- i actually think i would go for the 2.5 as its km's are alot lower and its not a UK import, carjam also says the 2.5 has a 25L engine :Plinky

Edited by Jamez

2.7 for me.

I would have thought it would have been well worth the extra to know and have an engine thats been freshly rebuilt. It also looks to be a lot nicer in the pictures than the other. IMO of course.

Depends what your future for the car is going to be, personally id get the 2.5 and add my own touch/ mods to it rather than something thats already done.

But i guess you can do that with the 2.7 as well

2.7 for me.

I would have thought it would have been well worth the extra to know and have an engine thats been freshly rebuilt. It also looks to be a lot nicer in the pictures than the other. IMO of course.

+1 ...much tidier going by the pictures

Hard to tell from the add, I would be inspecting both. No vote for me.

The 2.7 does look as though it has been looked after though, just check for rust.

I'd say buy the 2.5 for originality's sake.... but then again a 2.7 conversion already done for you is rather tempting. (also, if you bought the 2.5 then we'd be matching colours! ;) )

Man I hope I get my car back by the weekend!!!! Itching to drive it again!

I voted for the 2.5, but im thinking if your going to track it the 2.7 will go allot better and handle more abuse provided its been built well. It does look like its in good nick to

My vote goes to the 2.7

it hasn't been mod'd TOO hard and you can still add your own touch to the look as it quite clean.

No Leather though... :(

So you have your heart set on an E30 then, don't expect it to be anything like the car you just hoped out of aye.

The 2.7 looks nice but being a UK version would turn me off it.

My vote goes to the 2.7L, but only just a very close call. Would have to see both in the flesh to make a decision.

I am big on authenticity, but the mods are all in keeping with the car so no issues there.

Uk import - nothing wrong with that AS LONG AS it's been looked after in the winters.

Dolphin Grey is the best colour for E30 Motorsports IMHO was the clincher.

So you have your heart set on an E30 then, don't expect it to be anything like the car you just hoped out of aye.

The 2.7 looks nice but being a UK version would turn me off it.

Blasphemy!! lol

Don't worry Greg, it will be nothing like the M3 I have no doubt.. then again it's less than half the price.

As I have mentioned before, I have spent most of my money on investment hence I can't afford an "upgrade" but figure I will try and join in on the E30 craze.

The NZ new 2.5. Ex Chch should be low or rust free, low k's and you can get used to it now and make incremental (and hopefully satisfying) improvements. Supposedly, the 2.7eta crank gets "whippy" when revved, if you're going to track it, the 2.5 may be a better bet. If you want extra excitement, put on some GT Champiros and drive on wet days.

Blasphemy!! lol

Don't worry Greg, it will be nothing like the M3 I have no doubt.. then again it's less than half the price.

As I have mentioned before, I have spent most of my money on investment hence I can't afford an "upgrade" but figure I will try and join in on the E30 craze.

Hey fair enough, invesments are always better at the end of the day. If you like both then take the time to look at both.

Drive them both for a day and see which you prefer.

Edit: That guy with the black M5 get back to you?

Edited by Greg.

Hey fair enough, invesments are always better at the end of the day. If you like both then take the time to look at both.

Drive them both for a day and see which you prefer.

Edit: That guy with the black M5 get back to you?

Yeh, I think my offer was tad too low for him.

I wonder if he sold it or not, I can't see it on TM anymore.

hi, ive got a 1990 new zealand new m325i mtech 2 - diamond schwarz, 250kms - wanting to sell. seats need doing, dash has crack, small dent in right drivers front fender above wheel and usual stone chips. othrerwise ok. pm me if you interested. Chers

Not exactly a bimmer but looks like good bang for buck considering it's in the same price range as an M325 and that it was Mercedes reply to the E30 M3...

190E Cosworth

Hmmm tempting.

Edited by crazyarab

^^^ That is bloody sweet!

I was looking at buying one instead of an E30 but knew the E30 would be cheaper to run and modify. Still love them, a lot of car for the money and drive superb.

I was looking at buying one instead of an E30 but knew the E30 would be cheaper to run and modify. Still love them, a lot of car for the money and drive superb.

My mum has a stock 190E and it's brilliant ay, this would be an amazing drive I am sure.

My mum has a stock 190E and it's brilliant ay, this would be an amazing drive I am sure.

Looks sweet, auto though :(

Go have a test drive, see how it goes.

If you buy it you'll just have to leave that's all haha :P

Looks sweet, auto though :(

Go have a test drive, see how it goes.

If you buy it you'll just have to leave that's all haha :P

It's not auto... it's manual!

In fact it has the same Getrag dog leg gearbox as the E30 M3 from what I gather.

Having said that, I just drove that NZ New Stock M325 and it was brilliant... Actually so much more gutsy that I expected. Might have to get the Chch E30 pro's to see it with me again to give me some perspective...

I think I am in love again :unsure:

Edited by crazyarab

Do it! Come for a burn tomorrow in my car, just got it back today. For comparison's sake. :D