Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Spotted a red tech2 touring with bbs? about 30mins north of New Plymouth on Wednesday evening, numberplate WU????

Lime green Lambo and a matt black Maserati being chased by a blue Audi S3 on SH1 this morning, just north of Hampton Downs...

yellow as 850CSi with eurostyle plates "M8 SHF" on the way to the Auckland ports Caltex carwash on SH16. what a gorgeous car.

Lime green Lambo and a matt black Maserati being chased by a blue Audi S3 on SH1 this morning, just north of Hampton Downs...

Is that the stunner of a Verde Ithaca Superleggera at Independent's at the moment? Beautiful car. Has contrast stitching (Verde Ithaca) in the alcantara... Mmm :wub:

Also saw the frozen grey M3 the other day on Prince's Wharf. Love the colour, very nice. And the semi-smoked tails aren't too bad in person.

And "Spotted" - A green E34 520i badged with "M5", "Individual", and "520i"...

I drive past it every day, finally took the time to find out if it actually had individual spec on it and it doesn't :mellow:

OH! And this one's great. A Merc CLS63 badged up with AMG and V8 bi-turbo all over it at the lights beside me revving like crazy. Launches ahead and continues to drive all over the road, and I kept thinking... That just doesn't sound like a 63V8..

The almighty carjam reveals it's a CLS350. Had a wee laugh to myself, hope he didn't buy it thinking it was actually a 63.

Edited by TJ*

Is that the stunner of a Verde Ithaca Superleggera at Independent's at the moment? Beautiful car. Has contrast stitching (Verde Ithaca) in the alcantara... Mmm :wub:

Dunno. It was this one:

WP_20140207_001%255B1%255D.jpg

I didn't see the driver this time, but last time I saw this car was also on SH1, northbound and approaching the Greenlane exit. That time it was a young (<30) coloured gent at the wheel. Jammy git.

Oh right, na that's an older one. Think the one at IP has sold too.
Still a good looking car!

spotted this wags rocking a roof mounted skate deck aerodynamic down force system thing

20140209_070531.jpg

There was a mint E30 320i touring at the supermarket, an 83 year old lady owner had it since new. Thought I was joking when I asked if she wanted to sell it.

Oh right, na that's an older one. Think the one at IP has sold too.

Still a good looking car!

Will be same vintage as the SL Independent had.

Gallardos have always looked awkward to me, especially forward of the B-pillar.

Saw a nice looking 328i on Customhouse quay today. Grey with a bimmersport sticker on it too!

Saw a grey E30 sedan heading along Market Road with a Bimmersport sticker on the rear bootlid.

Saw a very nice blue E92 335i Coupe on the way to the airport. Dove grey interior, I think... Looked very tidy. Had some sort of

Nürburgring emblem on the back. Not sure if it was a limited edition or badged post-sale.

A red e34 M5 (badge? the sound was undecipherable because of my HOUSE MUSIC) cruising down Hendon Ave this morning commute.

vvv har har har Blue har har

Edited by The Juggernaut
  • Like 1

Red PFL E30 M325i cruising down Willis st. Was nice, a member?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Saw another e30 cab driving past toward east coast road on greville as I was heading toward the motorway on Monday morning.

Had a sweet waving session but my face changed to shock surprise when I realized this was another red e30 cab and not my friend's one!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Saw another e30 cab driving past toward east coast road on greville as I was heading toward the motorway on Monday morning.

Had a sweet waving session but my face changed to shock surprise when I realized this was another red e30 cab and not my friend's one!

Saw you today on Tristram ave with your top down ;)

Also saw this beauty a couple weeks ago. Very nice.

kpmipjgg.yyx.jpg
also wild e34 ;)
Edited by duvey

Ha, that was my Route of Defeat. I've been commuting much later this week, instead of like 5.30am, and gave been experiencing traffic as a result.

Got stuck in traffic yesterday and got rained on for the first time getting off Gillies. Couldn't tell if the rain was that bad as my tears were soaking the beautiful interior.

Checked my phone for weather this morn and it was only cloudy, no rain. Decided to go top down again. Got to tristram before I saw the big fat cloud and looking at the monstrous traffic I decided to pussy out. Went off the motorway to put the top up, adding 6 minutes to the trip.

Then as predicted, it didn't even rain!

That intersection looks familiar, silverdale?

Edited by tidyverty

Ha, that was my Route of Defeat. I've been commuting much later this week, instead of like 5.30am, and gave been experiencing traffic as a result. Got stuck in traffic yesterday and got rained on for the first time getting off Gillies. Couldn't tell if the rain was that bad as my tears were soaking the beautiful interior. Checked my phone for weather this morn and it was only cloudy, no rain. Decided to go top down again. Got to tristram before I saw the big fat cloud and looking at the monstrous traffic I decided to pussy out. Went off the motorway to put the top up, adding 6 minutes to the trip. Then as predicted, it didn't even rain! That intersection looks familiar, silverdale? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh dear. You did look a bit worried. Yup - Silverdale indeed. Nice spot :)

Also saw this beauty a couple weeks ago. Very nice.

kpmipjgg.yyx.jpg

also wild e34 ;)

There was a very mint black Ur for sale at Giltraps a few years ago for $30k. I was looking to buy it ( owner had agreed to do some minor remedy work before I got it ) but then I pussied out.