Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Just seen a Lamborghini Hurucan smashing it past the Sky Tower in Auckland. Sounds awesomeballs

Saw the biggest badge / label fail this morning, On a white E90 in Pakuranga, on the driver's door... Power M\\\ ??

Probably says ///M Power on the other side.. Lol.

• Like 1

Saw the biggest badge / label fail this morning, On a white E90 in Pakuranga, on the driver's door... Power M\\\ ??

Probably says ///M Power on the other side.. Lol.

Have seen them on TardMe.......most fashion!

Saw Allans 325ti today near the big boat shop on SH1 near paraparaumu

And a stunning dark blue E3, twice!

just found myself part of a random BMW convoy up towards Brooklyn. weeeee

Posted Imagespotted this guy hahahah
  • Like 2

spotted this guy hahahah

hullo!

• Like 1

Followed Martyn in his very nimble E34 back from Otaki to Kapiti this morning

yes it was me in my trusty Hiace lol

Spotted this bad boy (tristan) parked infront of me in nmkt around 8 or 9pm last night

post-3185-0-13648500-1435882547.jpg

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 1

Followed Martyn in his very nimble E34 back from Otaki to Kapiti this morning

yes it was me in my trusty Hiace lol

i dont think an e34 can be considered,nimble

you havent driven a well sorted E34 then!!!

• Like 1

i beg to differ

you havent driven a well sorted E34 then!!!

Or followed one in a Hiace??? :lol:

I have driven three or four very nice e 34s and I would hesitate a. 1600 or 1700 kg medium sized car as nimble,a mini is nimble,an e 30 may be nimble e 34 not,imho

I have driven three or four very nice e 34s and I would hesitate a. 1600 or 1700 kg medium sized car as nimble,a mini is nimble,an e 30 may be nimble e 34 not,imho

LOL

Your right my e34 is down to 1370kg and 500hp wheel, na not very nimble

BHP does not have any effect on what I would term nimble, acceleration yes, but does not change second moment of inertia, or "turn in".

I would always associate nimble with how quickly the car can change direction (in a controlled way), rather then how fast it can accelerate.

• Like 1

BHP does not have any effect on what I would term nimble, acceleration yes, but does not change second moment of inertia, or "turn in".

I would always associate nimble with how quickly the car can change direction (in a controlled way), rather then how fast it can accelerate.

Exactly,power and grip,of which most e 34 have sufficient does not negate physics

lol

I'll pass your thoughts on to Dan Slater

And i guess you failed to read the bit about how much weight the car has lost, selective reading me thinks and last i checked most tracks have some sort of straight and last i checked the quicker you can get from point to point seems to reflect lap times......so Google told me

• Like 1

Sorry Murch. I have a very light E34. It is not nimble compared to cars that are traditionally considered nimble. The E34 is only 100kg heavier than my E30 race car yet it feels like it is 300kgs heavier. However it is much quicker than the E30 even without the turbo.

Sorry Murch. I have a very light E34. It is not nimble compared to cars that are traditionally considered nimble. The E34 is only 100kg heavier than my E30 race car yet it feels like it is 300kgs heavier. However it is much quicker than the E30 even without the turbo.

First off you havent run it YET as a turbo car second Dan i have a first name, so sorry but from whats said above power to weight has nothing to do with it so your screwed after all your hard work

spotted a red e34 m5 near ponsonby/k road around lunchtime. very nimble looking.. ha ha ha

Steve you may have lost some weight out of your E34, but 1300kgs is still about 400kgs away from being a light car.

As for selective reading, you're doing it yourself.

Yes Dan's car is very fast, and thanks to the completely re-designed suspension it corners well. However, watch any race footage and you will see where others change direction better which is what I would relate to being nimble.

Power to weight is important for acceleration yes, but that makes the car go forwards, not turn, unless you've lost the back end due to spinning up the wheels.