Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

Cheers to Mark for some really ugly 16's to go to the Cert with. Had a fun drive from town to Marks, back through town to mine then to the workshop for the cert. Goes GREAT! Absolutely love it and it sounds awesome too. Going in about an hour to retrieve car and drive it home with cert check results, Had a talk with the guy in the morning seems like a good happy guy and he seemed pleased I came in with the VTNZ WOF check sheet and a wheel alignment report so hope all is good after hes checked it out, though he is well known for picking on the smallest of things (i.e missing gearstick dust boot...).

All in all VERY happy with e30 + 24v. Though 3.64LSD (with e36 box) is kinda annoying lol. probably about the equivalent if not worse than having a 4.45 in a manual e30.

Well it failed. Only on 'left and right inner guards loose'. STOKED! Easy as piss fix, fix it tomorrow and take it back to him thursday morning fill in some paper work... back to VTNZ get the WOF and finally after a year get the pink sticker off.

GOOD S*IT SIR.

Edited by e30ftw

Awesome...we will be seeing you saturday then

has to be the best fail sheet! congrats sir!

Haha-yeah not my favorites lol (nice tyres tho).

Keskins do look sweet on the schnizzle by the way :P

All kudos to you mate-great job & yep it sounds awesome & judging by your departure - veeery quick :unsure:

welcome to the 24v world john . long hard work pays off and im sure you must find that tourqe curve fun. next step to see gavin at hi vilosity if your going to keep n/a. .... good on ya bro hope to see you soon.

good stuff getting it finish(mine is 3 years in the build <_< ) as for tire sizes. u could get away with 225s on 9s most aint super stretched but still could pass as technically legal depends on how uptight the guy is. but 215s on 9s especial 16s would be nice.

FFS...

Now LVV Certified.

But VTNZ won't WOF it until it has a cert plate which could be weeks...

Nice one!

FFS...

Now LVV Certified.

But VTNZ won't WOF it until it has a cert plate which could be weeks...

Nice one!

I think you're getting dicked 'round mate.

Who did the cert'?

Hoping it wasn't David Jones.

Nope. They said they need to see the plate on the car and that was coming from the big boss there. Sooo yeah.. Awesome.

the plates get made in wellington dont they? shouldnt take to long for them to get it back to you i got mine in 4 days last time round

Technically speaking... they are correct. The plate must be affixed to the vehicle. I got my new WOF while I was waiting for my plate though. The guys down there must not like you John ?

I think you're getting dicked 'round mate.

Who did the cert'?

Hoping it wasn't David Jones.

Nah it was Richard from premier auto. He's the only LVV certifier here in Hastings.

hmm, I got mine while I was waiting for a plate for the e46. Just took the paper in. Try somewhere else than VTNZ. Really generally speaking, VTNZ is the worst place to go if your young and have a modified car. Most VTNZ's I have come across are full of power tripping idiots who stereo type you as soon as they see you and apply their version of the grey fuzzy law that is the NZ land transport. Its fine for ma and pa in the falcodore but have more than worn out my patience a long time a go. Everyone else I have used is more than reasonible.

I remember when I took my (at the time) standard 330i that had legal tints in it. The guy failed it because HIS light tester was broken. You could imagine my response to that, I was 27 at the time.

I would, but I have to use VTNZ cos the cars pink and green stickered so It has to be VINZ/VTNZ WOF.

+1 ^

Guess you could try another vtnz?

I would, but I have to use VTNZ cos the cars pink and green stickered so It has to be VINZ/VTNZ WOF.

Are you sure there are no other places that do pink/green sticker wofs? We have a couple of non-VTNZ places in here that do them, and as a bonus they're also cheaper.

Either way, good luck!

Not that anyone really cares,

But I got the cert plate and fitted last week on Wednesday and WOF/reg the same day.

I've already clocked over 600kms since wednesday night lol. Nothing broken YET. Goes awesome.

Turns alot of heads ! :P

Nice work John, good to hear... Will be a good day when i see this car in person... Plan a roadie to NP!