Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

And its got pretty wheels back on lol

Edited by 1rotty

Hey man

Well done mate, you've done a bloody awesome job and its all legal and legit just got to avoid the attention of the power trippn coppers that lurk around re: your wheels, dont get me wrong there are some gc coppers round but it seems they are getting few and far between.

Anyways, back on topic, kudos mate, i'm extremely envious of your determination and persiverance (spelling?!!!) and the result looks a million bucks dude. I havent been on here for months because i couldnt be bothered with the bs that was going on but lets not stir that one again. Seeing this on here made it worth it.

Cheers man, happy driving :D might catch you one day in Ham's or maybe even in tauranga if you ever venture that way lol.

Pete.

Managed to get the old camera going now which is way better. Gave it a clean yesterday for the first time, comes up pretty shiney , took some shots this morn. Photo taking skills suck I know, makes it harder being on a sloped driveway lul.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks hot, . were did you put your washer bottle

Edited by kerry

Looks awesome. Not the crappiest E30 in the Hawkes Bay any more (or whatever it was the cop told you)...

The washer bottle is a smaller one from a ford that I have hid behind the bumper/valance. Just looks alot cleaner in the engine bay, also more room for a turbo :ph34r:

Is that the light reflecting weirdly off your front right wheel arch or is it damaged?

Looks soo mean anyway B) how much ground clearance you got?

Is that the light reflecting weirdly off your front right wheel arch or is it damaged?

Looks soo mean anyway B) how much ground clearance you got?

yeah it is farkd. It was semi good before I got a mate to paint it (was damaged quite bad), but the 16's with big tyres I borrowed off mark munched it up abit more so it's a lil more noticeable now haha. The keskins have a bit of gap between guard and tyre so they don't rub at all.

Clearance at front valance 80mm

Sump 58-60mm roughly

Front chassis 85mm

love it! .. well done!

Now just do what I'm doing and replacing every bottle or old looking thing in the engine bay with new items.

Its actually not that expensive to do would you beleive.

sh*t thats hot mate! Looks so good.. Is there any more low available in those front coilovers?

Sht hot. Good looking car that, like the wheels!

How does the 24v compare to a regular E30 325i in straight line performance?? Gains vs Cost/time?? The biggest advantage is see is that the M50’s don’t have that old Scholl lifter noise that M20’s have.

^^^^ I'd offer to have a run against him but I'd hate seeing him wave me goodbye :o

Edited by 1rotty

Lets just say the fronts are on the highest they can go haha, maybe one or two winds down.. But It can go down alot there is about 3" of adjuster to wind down on. I had it level tyre (which is about 4 winds down where it is now) to guard and the sump was barely 3 fingers wide of the ground (45-50mm).

I can drop the back another 10mm.

All I have had in an e30 is a m20b20 - this OWNS it.

m20 2.7 stroker - TBH I can't remember, but I kind of think the 2.7 was more rev happy?

But overall I'm real happy with it. Sounds mean. Goes very well at any rpm just takes off when you put the foot down. No funny ticks and weird engine noises like an m20 :rolleyes:

Only thing I hate is having a lightweight flywheel and keeping the F1 stage 3 heavy duty clutch (6puk disc ad heavy duty plate). It's near impossible to town drive with start stop taking off steadily without hoping and getting the jitters!

Having windows tinted next thursday too, probably gonna pickup some smoked front indicators too.

Edited by e30ftw

I had this clutch still pretty much brand new liying around, so I decided to stick with it since I have it.

Cheers guys.

Clutch master cylinder decided to F*ck itself.

Quite entertaining driving home without being able to disengage the clutch..

love it man! Huge effort :D!

Cheers guys.

Clutch master cylinder decided to F*ck itself.

Quite entertaining driving home without being able to disengage the clutch..

Just close your eyes and go for it :lol: Haven't seen it driving around yet???