Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

I should aye lol.

m50 head recon'd and manifolds etc ready to be assembled again.

Posted Image

Another resonator, this ones chambered and not straight through like the one infront of it. Hopefuly be alot quieter than it was.

Posted Image

:mellow:

now thats what we like to see.awsome

Yeah it's allgood haha, no clear cut views of them yet though. Man I am on the mean happy buzz atm haha. :rolleyes:

Edited by e30ftw

Everythings working now , speedo and all. :D

Cert check hopefully on thursday!

What was wrong with the speedo?

I think the speedring on the center is the wrong one for the diff, I used the one that came with the LSD cos I bent the original one taking it off. But yeah I pulled my diff and kerry suggested checking if I get a pulse from the diff, the one you lent me pulsed, my 4.45 locky I have (lol) pulsed too, but mine wouldnt pulse at all. So I pulled the diff, removed the back plate, and figured that the ring does work with the sensor, its just sitting too far out (like 2-3mm). So i grinded off about 2-3mm of the flat face of the sensor so it goes in towards the ring more, and checked if it would pulse and it did, chucked it back in the car and gave it a quick go and it worked. So yeah I'm happy I won't have to put that 4.45 diff in haha and yay I have a speedo again lol

Just went through VTNZ, All it failed on was not having a LVV cert for the ground controls. Didn't even notice the engine ha!

They also want me to wind the K's forward on the replacement cluster I have. It's sitting at 122,000ks, last WOF I was at 136,000ks so they want it up to about 140,000kms when I go for a re-check. Anyone know how ??

I've seen it done by just clicking the cogs on the back over with a flat head, but there is a risk of snapping something that way.

Just went through VTNZ, All it failed on was not having a LVV cert for the ground controls. Didn't even notice the engine ha!

They also want me to wind the K's forward on the replacement cluster I have. It's sitting at 122,000ks, last WOF I was at 136,000ks so they want it up to about 140,000kms when I go for a re-check. Anyone know how ??

You can take the gauge apart and wind it back using a bit of brute force. I recommend practising on another one first, I did manage to wind one back to zero once and it did work afterwards.

Crack up that they didn't notice the engine, when I got a warrent I pointed my engine out and the guy just said "that's pretty neat."

yep not hard to do. or throw your old cluster in

20,000kms ?

Hmm........

Old cluster is screwed. I know how to do it now anywho, practiced with the speedo out of the old one.

Can't get a cert until next week either, still wondering if I'll make the big meet next weekend :(

Come to think of it, I do find it hard to believe you need an accurate odometer for a wof, and the guy is telling you to wind it back up. What the hell.

Come to think of it, I do find it hard to believe you need an accurate odometer for a wof, and the guy is telling you to wind it back up. What the hell.

It is a WOF requirement

+1 does seem kinda wierd. They didnt give a crap when i put my euro cluster in, and i even drew attention to it when i told them it still counts in KM despite saying Miles. I have only gone to VTNZ in the past for warrents too

you could attempt this but you may want to try it on a old one first

post-4759-1270680657.jpg

post-4759-1270680669.jpg

You know, I just had a look in the WOF VIRM and I can't see a requirement for an odometer (speedo yes, odo no). If you don't require it, presumably its not required to be accurate.

Maybe ask them to show you in the WOF rules where it says you need to have an odometer.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm-in-...le-interior.pdf

Edited by CamB