Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Thread Flaming-who's sick of it.

Thanks David, no disrespect mate.

Your point is?

dont really have one

And actually you'd be wrong -they're just the most vocal-not that theres anything wrong with that.

just going by the thread before where people posted what cars they had.

None taken mate.

And that gentlemen is how it should be done :wub:

E-hugs for all. :)

AWWWWWW

*HUGS*

Edited by antil33t

dont really have one

If you dont have a point DONT post. Again i would recommend you go back through this thread and read your posts. If your sole point of being here is too stir sh*t your stay will be short lived.

A guy walks into a bar with his giraffe. He orders four beers, two for him and two for the giraffe. The giraffe is a light weight and passes out on the floor. The guy starts to get up to leave after paying and the bartender says, "Hey man, you can't just leave that lyin' there." The guy replies, "That's not a lion, that's a giraffe."

heh nice one bout time someone cleared the air, let the moderators do their job if you dont like it, start your own forum and see just how easy it is to deal with the sh*t, everyone is entitled to their own opinon. Unless its constructive advice, support or suggestion, there is every chance it'll be deleted. IMO the point of this forum is to show off your car/project, and all things related. Am i wrong? more than likely but unless you want to have to read through pages and pages of bullshit just to find an answer that is helpful that a level headed person like (imo again) dave has written, then pull your heads in and keep it simple. my 2c's. good night. Chill out!

Edited by e30_capri

I have to agree with a lot of whats said here. This forum seems to me to be very much a "help" type forum as opposed to something like Kiwibiker, which is heavily "social" oriented.

Personally i think the nature of this site, as it was when i first joined, where it was purely about BMWs, and not about who thinks/feels what, was much better. It has recently been descending into the beginnings of a "social" type forum where people post for no real reason, other than that they wanted to say something.

Personally, myself I am only here because I'm trying to get into the racing too, so whatever happens I'm sure Bimmersport will still kinda be home for me :P

I have to agree with a lot of whats said here. This forum seems to me to be very much a "help" type forum as opposed to something like Kiwibiker, which is heavily "social" oriented.

The thing I have found with kiwibiker though, although I haven't signed on for a while now, is that, although they have a huge "social" part of the site, it seems it's pretty good at separating the "social" part and the "mechanical help" part.

There are posters on there that you ONLY see in the maintenance section, and posters you only see in the off topic section. I think it works really well.

Sorry, it's a bit off topic, but I think it works really well and maybe bimmersport could learn something, maybe..

Edited by Mark247

None of my post is aimed at anyone in particular.

I think the problem is people have to learn to bite their tongue a little more.

You don't have to post in every bloody thread. Its actually nice to take a step back and stay out of the chaos. Which I have enjoyed doing lately.

I genuinely hope Glenn doesn't decide to leave the site. He is one of the few gentlemen on here that I value my friendship with highly. As others have said he is the most knowledgeable person on this site. Glenn has helped me out more times than I can count and I feel like I'm being a pain calling him every month or so asking for advise or help. He is always willing to help and I have huge respect for Glenn. Please don't leave mate.

One comment that stood out to me earlier in the thread was something to this effect, Why should someone earn someone else's respect when asking about a problem. Its pretty simple I would have thought? You're asking for other peoples help. You're asking for their time to explain it. You're asking to tap into someone else's knowledge. In exchange people (Or at least professional, mature people) expect some level of maturity, proper grammar, and the posters willingness to help themselves. When the Original poster lacks essential details and doesn't show at least a little bit of respect etc they lose the helpers interest and I completely admit I am like that. I have no interest in helping some knob who logs on under 'e30s_are_da_bomb' and asks 'my car doesn't start, whats wrong?' Grow up.

I don't care what you say, when you interact with people you show respect. Obviously that respect can either be gained or lost very fast with how you come off to the person. Act mature. It's not hard. Its honestly like some of you come on here trying to pick fights.

Before anyone bags the moderators anymore think about it. They have signed up to moderate the content on the board. They're not like you or me who don't really give a sh*t whats posted. They're their to keep the content up to a decent level. Imagine if you had to do that and nearly every thread had to be censored because of some guy who wants to enlarge his e-cock, you'd be a bit cranky.

Back to the original point, I'm getting tired of it. I don't log on as often because it seems every time I log on there's a thread with arguing and stupid comments in it. It gets tiring and its funny because those who usually initiate the stupid comments are the ones who don't make it to any meets or show their face anywhere.

This is a community of BMW enthusiasts. Or at least that's what I use to think. Just think, next time you log on don't post in the first thread you open with a comment that could be taken slightly wrong. Easy as that. Be the bigger man if you want to call it that.

Lets try and get the quality of Bimmersport back to what it was like a year or two ago.

My rant over. I'm out.

All I was saying, in regards to earning respect is, I personally give everyone my full respect from the word go and they can lose that respect if they stuff up. Nobody has to earn it in the first place, I give them a chance. A single post which is not detailed enough or fails to have "thank you" at the end of it is a little rude, but doesn't make me shun them. For me, this is the internet, not the Tauranga District Court. I use more pleases and thank yous there :P

Edited by Mark247

Andrew, with many forums, you have to earn respect when you join. Glenn has been on here for years and to anyone who has been on here more than a year will know how much of an asset he is, he has earned respect from others, I think it is apparent that you havn't earn't it. You can't just come on in wanking about how good you are at xxxxx etc and I know everything blah blah blah without earning respect, from people that A have been on this forum far longer than you and B there is always someone with more knowledge or experience than you, otherwise nobody will take you seriously. I for one, when joining the forum didn't post for a month or two just to get the vibe etc and have now got to a point where a few years later, I have heard from several sources that I am respected by all the moderators/admin. You have to earn your stripes, so stop walking over people who are just trying to give advice in the frankest, most efficent way possible, their lives don't revolve around giving advice on a forum to inexperienced people who didn't do enough prior research. Did you ever think the way Glenn gave 'advice' to you in your thread was because of how you reacted in several other threads you made when you were wrong? The flaming can go both ways, deserved or not.

point noted but its clear to see that im not the only one getting picked on here. Not once did i claim the things people seem to think i did. Glenn took it that way and then ranted on about me saying that, which is what people remember - glenns works because he is the sh*t and not some new kid on the block aka me. what i said is that i am not new to E30s (as he claimed that i was) and know how they work. He took that to mean that i know every single model of BMW like the back side of my hand, which i honestly cant see how you could make that distinction

None of my post is aimed at anyone in particular.

I think the problem is people have to learn to bite their tongue a little more.

You don't have to post in every bloody thread. Its actually nice to take a step back and stay out of the chaos. Which I have enjoyed doing lately.

I genuinely hope Glenn doesn't decide to leave the site. He is one of the few gentlemen on here that I value my friendship with highly. As others have said he is the most knowledgeable person on this site. Glenn has helped me out more times than I can count and I feel like I'm being a pain calling him every month or so asking for advise or help. He is always willing to help and I have huge respect for Glenn. Please don't leave mate.

One comment that stood out to me earlier in the thread was something to this effect, Why should someone earn someone else's respect when asking about a problem. Its pretty simple I would have thought? You're asking for other peoples help. You're asking for their time to explain it. You're asking to tap into someone else's knowledge. In exchange people (Or at least professional, mature people) expect some level of maturity, proper grammar, and the posters willingness to help themselves. When the Original poster lacks essential details and doesn't show at least a little bit of respect etc they lose the helpers interest and I completely admit I am like that. I have no interest in helping some knob who logs on under 'e30s_are_da_bomb' and asks 'my car doesn't start, whats wrong?' Grow up.

I don't care what you say, when you interact with people you show respect. Obviously that respect can either be gained or lost very fast with how you come off to the person. Act mature. It's not hard. Its honestly like some of you come on here trying to pick fights.

Before anyone bags the moderators anymore think about it. They have signed up to moderate the content on the board. They're not like you or me who don't really give a sh*t whats posted. They're their to keep the content up to a decent level. Imagine if you had to do that and nearly every thread had to be censored because of some guy who wants to enlarge his e-cock, you'd be a bit cranky.

Back to the original point, I'm getting tired of it. I don't log on as often because it seems every time I log on there's a thread with arguing and stupid comments in it. It gets tiring and its funny because those who usually initiate the stupid comments are the ones who don't make it to any meets or show their face anywhere.

This is a community of BMW enthusiasts. Or at least that's what I use to think. Just think, next time you log on don't post in the first thread you open with a comment that could be taken slightly wrong. Easy as that. Be the bigger man if you want to call it that.

Lets try and get the quality of Bimmersport back to what it was like a year or two ago.

My rant over. I'm out.

Good Call, I 100% agree for what its worth.

Nick,you have summed it up perfectly-thank you.

Back to the original point, I'm getting tired of it. I don't log on as often because it seems every time I log on there's a thread with arguing and stupid comments in it.

I agree with this.

Myself and others that I'm aware with, now show very little interest in participating in this forum now.

I've learnt so much stuff over the odd one and a half years since joining along with maturing. I've gained a great deal of knowledge by purely reading project threads. And met some awesome friends who share a common interest of BMW's.

Believe it or not. I don't think anyone who i've met (quite a few) off Bimmersport is an a**hole. They all have variations in their knowledge. And are generally nice guys.

It's a pity it has got into this mess.

If you dont want to be flamed then dont post on other forums then put a link on your Sig to it.

I am a newbie to BMW's and really value the knowledge that people here have. I will really need said knowledge when I get the cash together to modify my compact. Plus the Members who have the parts.

I dont want any Mod to resign they do a fantastic job ( I am a Mod on a couple of warez sites so know how hard it is)

This really is one of the best Forums out there which is why I joined. I haven't even joined the Ti forum yet as I get most of the advice from here.

Peace out Guys

My turn cause I hardly get involved. I generally wait till someone reports a post before I interfere, but seems to me just reading this thread certain people just can't help themselves but be a pointless waste of time, so turboprop just got a 2-day ban which is a first from me although now I think it should've been longer after actually reviewing his entire post history.

IMO, when you post you need to have a think about what you're saying. This is the Internet and what you type may not be conveyed in the same sense/context you wrote it, posts can easily be misconstrued so you have to word them properly to ensure some clarity, and this does go for everyone.

It might be your first, but its not Troy's first.

The thing I have found with kiwibiker though, although I haven't signed on for a while now, is that, although they have a huge "social" part of the site, it seems it's pretty good at separating the "social" part and the "mechanical help" part.

That's very true, but, like all inernet forums there are people "flaming".

I find bimmersport a great site and has heaps of relevant and helpful information. The general idiot comments are not a worry, just ignore them or laugh at them.

If you dont want to be flamed then dont post on other forums then put a link on your Sig to it.

I did say very clearly why i posted my build thread there and not here. i will jog your memory in a more detailed fashion. In my experience i have been unable to read threads on this forum without logging in. seeing as i am more loyal to bimmerfest as i have been there longer and they are the ones i credit with the knowledge i havent taught myself. Therefore they have a right to see my build thread, and seeing as i know that you can see bimmerfest without logging in, you guys can still see it.

Happy?

edit: agree with the post above me too.

Edited by ethrty320

I did say very clearly why i posted my build thread there and not here. i will jog your memory in a more detailed fashion. In my experience i have been unable to read threads on this forum without logging in. seeing as i am more loyal to bimmerfest as i have been there longer and they are the ones i credit with the knowledge i havent taught myself. Therefore they have a right to see my build thread, and seeing as i know that you can see bimmerfest without logging in, you guys can still see it.

Happy?

Sorry you might take offence with what I'm about to say. Your posts here and there have upset alot of members.

I'll leave it at that.. because I dont abuse and swear here... and I'm not implying you do... This thread has been very interesting.. however I thinks its now run its course... I'll leave it open.. I like watching the deep holes that keep being dug.

Happy?

Firstly if you are more loyal to bimmerfest feel free to spend all of your time there as im sure you wont be missed. Secondly go back over your posts and review them your sarcasim simply irritates me and your arrogance even more. So here is your first warning from me keep it up and i promise it wont be the last.

Edited by M3 Cab

Great post Nick.

Don't leave Glenn.

Mad props to the Mods.

Manners.

Bimmersport FTW.

:ph34r: