Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Replaced the boot strut in the E30 Convertible, so now the boot doesn't fall on my head when getting stuff out. The new strut was a little gem spotted in the garage sale at Team McMillan on Saturday - thanks for posting that list of stuff up Glenn :D

Loaded it up ready to go to Hamilton on Friday. It is sitting loooow. And pretty fricken crowded, even though I dropped plenty off my list when I realised it wasn't gonna fit.

Loaded it up ready to go to Hamilton on Friday. It is sitting loooow. And pretty fricken crowded, even though I dropped plenty off my list when I realised it wasn't gonna fit.

I took mine to powercruise last year, managed to fit 4 people, a HUGE tent, and all the gear we needed to survive the weekend, plus my sub box ( 2x12" subs)

These things have such handy boots :lol:

was sitting very low though haha

I took mine to powercruise last year, managed to fit 4 people, a HUGE tent, and all the gear we needed to survive the weekend, plus my sub box ( 2x12" subs)

These things have such handy boots :lol:

was sitting very low though haha

Yup, unfortunately the boot is full of tools in case the damn thing breaks down when i'm up there :P.

The TV had to go haha, but still managed to fit most my bedroom in there, my hockey gear and even an ironing board :o.

I did leave the drivers seat free though :blink:

picking the 30 up tonight :wub:

E30 WoF expired...

Replaced E36's cracked radiator...

sold the e30 and cleaned out the garage to see how many wheels I now no longer have a need for :(

post-3670-1307240910.jpg

Edited by Jamez

Busy day today, started up both the race car and 'vert to take them for a little spin around the block to keep them nice and loose while they are parked up over winter.

Cleared the garage up a lot while they were out on the drive, threw a load of cr@p into the bin, and managed to find some spares I had forgotten that I had - including a complete front chrome bumper in good condition!

Gave the 'vert a good clean and wipe down from the shower of rain while it was sitting outside, managed to draw up a loooonnngg list of jobs to do on both cars in the process! Luckily I now have a couple of clear work benches to pull stuff apart on!!

today i learnt why my speedo had stopped counting the miles travels, someone butchered the plastic cogs most likely trying to wind it back. its a very easy process, but also very time consuming. just strip the cluster apart and turn the gold or black one :P durr

and also squeezed another e30 into the garage today to get it ready for a wof. space was tight!post-4454-1307353462.jpg

red e30 - factory ride height

black e30 - pussy on the pavement fellas

Edited by flake

tightened up the power steering hose, mechanics have told me the hose has a leak but I'm pretty sure it's just the after market hose clamps not really doing their job. Might source some more heavy duty ones. After a tighten and a test so far so good.

Stared at it longingly through the window while trying to focus on exams

^ i just go on a parts spree and spend a day or two cleaning and fixing bits on it so i can get it out of my system before exams :D

Tried to find my f***ing wobble at 80KPH:

Wheels hubcentric CHECK

Tyres in Good Condition CHECK

Suspension CHECK

Bushes CHECK

Wheels Balanced... QUESTIONABLE!

Get #5 #6 checked - Front thrust arm bushes loose their oil and cause the infamous e39 shimmey

Posted Image

Reverse Engineered BMW's DS2 protocol successfully :)

Also thanks to Jochen for help a long the way

watch this space .... cool sh*t for all coming soon

Gave it an oil change + new oil filter and Max took me for a drive in his new Gti so sweet! Do want.

got a tune. more to follow when i know numbers

Got a friendly word from a cop about the german plates.

What'd he say?

ONT:

Gave it a whirl down to Ardmore and back.

wheel bearing fixed by bm workshop. then lit up the rears for exam destress