Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

What? Only had mine in manuals and are amazing! What's your beef?

I just got armrests for mine too. Auto though.

How could you not use them driving around in Auckland? This city was made for 2nd gear rolling along on idle, and depending on season either your arm hanging out the window, or slouched on the armrest!

^ probably okay with your SSK but otherwise a PITA with a manual.

Yeah I could see issues without the short shift kit but with it , it's fine.

I guess it also has a lot to do with your I individual height and or technique. Short people would sit lower and it would def get in the way. For track or spirited driving I'd zip tie the mother back

Okay, well I thought about it consciously while I was driving to work. Yes it still gets in the way a little bit, so I have to shift a little differently than normal, however since it is a daily, i'm happy to live with it. easy enough to flip it back whenever I need to. Ideally it would be good to change the shape slightly, but really .. on the highway its nice to sit in 6th and relax on my nice armrest. it doesnt affect storage space in the centre console and can be lifted out of the way so really .. no disadvantage.

I've had no issue what so ever with changing gears, even from swapping from the wagon, that doesn't have one to the m3 which does. When I'm home in the weekend il have to check how I do it but pretty sure my elbow is elevated so it's over the arm rest when in race mode but when just cruising I think I just leave it resting on it. Same when I had the 328i with the longer throw.

Had it down when doing an auto cross and wasn't an issue either. Maybe I have long arms, I dunno

Also it's perfect to hold mcDs drinks under it so not to tip over. Probably it's best merit

CarPC for media playing in M3. just need to finish lid

RIMG0910_zps50272892.jpg

RIMG0916_zpsb082d509.jpg

• Like 2

Ive retrofitted an arm rest to both of my E36s, and IMO its one of the best, and cheapest mods to improve driving comfort. Both have been manual and have never had an issue with it getting in the way. Using the handbrake can be a little bit of a pain sometimes due to its position, but its a small price to pay for having somewhere to rest my arm. Its the perfect height and position for me, and i dont have an SSK either.

I cant stand cars without arm rests, grinds my gears.

I'm thinking you are haha!

So shiny!

Meanwhile I bought some turbochargers this morning.

DSC_5428.jpg

R34 gtr units

dig deep when they go bang the ceramics fall off and you can't get parts for Garrett Ball Bearing units anyone, so im told

• Like 1

R34 gtr units

dig deep when they go bang the ceramics fall off and you can't get parts for Garrett Ball Bearing units anyone, so im told 

Yep told mike to take it easy on the ceramic exh wheels .. Seen too many gtrs suffer the dreaded over boost exh wheel epic fail

Brought this manual 325 for 1900 just cos haha

Then paid the dude another 200 to drive it from chch to timaru so we took the. M3 up and Tyler drove it back for me.

What can I say... Pretty solid car all round, sure handles like a car with 245 on the clock haha

post-5102-0-08242700-1404544676.jpgpost-5102-0-11050000-1404544687.jpg

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

I know! Good thing I only want it for the motor, box and interior. Now just need a turbo....

R34 gtr units

I heard, at least there are upgrades around like the N1 spec.

What if they are running at 8 psi peak?

- stock actuators are setup for about 12-14

they are designed to take heat and engine rpm has nothing to do with it, the shock loading killings they also well known for back feeding into the exhaust port when they fail but hey what would i know

they are nothing like a N1 turbo have no idea where people get their info from, if you want to up grade them as such to GT28 cores itll take 3k out of your pocket bargain.

N1 turbos are .60 a/r comp cover 47mm inducer, .63 a/r turbine and 47mm exducer

Edited by crunchy
  • Like 1

Fitted new bonnet struts on the M3 and put the euros on the 46. Much better!!! Cheers andy

post-5102-0-72319100-1404628343_thumb.jppost-5102-0-84153000-1404628325_thumb.jp

Edited by euroriffic

Some kind of front lip would really set that e46 off!

Got some awesome 1998 front seats for the stock rebuild! Bit expensive though, $45 for the pair.

10373080_10204352906047930_2041932364323
Edited by Michael.

Some kind of front lip would really set that e46 off!

Yea was going to fit an acs one but the misses had a winge that it'll make it too low at the front for her park at work haha

Got some awesome 1998 front seats for the stock rebuild! Bit expensive though, $45 for the pair.

Best it's looked, Mike ;)

Borrowed some ramps from Martin (breakmywindow) and did a basic service (new oil and filters). Also sussed out how to adjust the headlamps so they now fit correctly and are flush to the bonnet. Gave the interior a good clean and found all the things wrong that I'd like to replace (headlining, aftermarket high level brake light, wrong mats [aarrgrghh!!])

Was going to do the trans service too but realised I need a bigger oil pan so will save that for next weekend.

Saw Milan (beemn) in his very tidy E61 wagon. Waved.