Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

'Scuse my ignorance, but whats with the blue light? Self-destruct initiation switch???

Haha nothing as interesting as that. Just a power on light. Wish it was red..

Its the mute warning thing which you press to shut up the beeping when driving past stores with automatic doors lol.. I pulled out the useless passenger window lock switch and put that in there instead.

Edited by handgrenade

These ones are almost the right colour but they just don't fit and constantly ride up over the accelerator (safe!). They have to go... Now to find OE tailored mats for less than $100! haha

There is an outfit in Auckland who will make exactly what you want,make sure they are clipped down,the velcro pads give up the grip

Faces and lips quite tidy, a bit of road crap and dirt/tar on the inside that didn't move with degreaser and my lil plastic scotchbrite pad thing out of the kitchen, not sure how I'm going to sort that.

Though I might have a go with oven cleaner? I'm a bit wary of scouring them with anything more course than the green pot scrubber pad in case I scratch them up. I'm not even convinced oven cleaner is the best way to go - I used it to remove black paint from my grill.

Kero will break it down no sweat wont damage paint like caustic kitchen cleaners

dammit rod! where the hell have you been looking. take me on your scavenger hunt next time neighbour!

nice wheels btw, love these acs 3s. is it for your 540? check the centre bore !!

I just look. If you're looking you see things. You get some pretty good deals on our street, On saturday I swapped four cigarettes for a bottle of wine with some random guy walking past. :-)

I'm not entirely convinced these wheels are for me anyway. I really bought them for the staggered fitment and the tyre fitment. I've some suspension flying in next week and want to make sure everything fits before I do something real dumb and fly some wheels in.

I've had this pic for a while, just picked up from random google search. It sits about right and the polished wheels make it, so I'm using it as a plan.

post-6436-0-87399500-1405427064.jpg

not a fan of the polished but actually looks alright in this car/photo.

lol @ the ciggy wine swap thing ha!

Turbo manifold ideas. I quite like this, simple and stock looking.. kinda.

turbo_underside.jpg
turbo_underside.jpg

simple yes, good no

has too many reflections meaning tuning will be an issue for ignition timing

• Like 1

Cleaned the filth out of boaty and fixed a few non working lights. No idea how it passed a wof two weeks ago...

Also installed some sweet new bucket seats, got them for a steal!!

post-5102-0-79901400-1405849344_thumb.jp

• Like 1

simple yes, good no

has too many reflections meaning tuning will be an issue for ignition timing

I thought I could be missing something being new to such stuff.

Would I be better to run a basic 4-1 log manifold? Or better yet try to do an equal length 4-1 with a single merge just before the turbos?

post-51379-14060921912513.jpg

AFE intake .. Unfortunately broke the silly plastic coolant hose. Why plastic!!! Looped it with high temp oil hose.

The cold air box is on the way .. In a work mates luggage.

Sounds nice. Performance increase probably negligible.

• Like 1

I thought I could be missing something being new to such stuff.

Would I be better to run a basic 4-1 log manifold? Or better yet try to do an equal length 4-1 with a single merge just before the turbos?

what you have will work its normally a compromise when doing headers

try to come as far away from the port as possible before the bend that helps as far as the reflection goes, the issue with it is they tend to back feed into the chamber adding to detonation thus the tuning issue, you dont need 4-1 on those turbos just whatever you can get to fit plus dont get hung up on equal length boost over comes all

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMG_20140721_214540.jpg

Sounds nice. Performance increase probably negligible.

In summer without the cold air box it will quite noticebly descrease performance. There is a direct correlation between Air intake temp and ignition timing.

In summer without the cold air box it will quite noticebly descrease performance. There is a direct correlation between Air intake temp and ignition timing.

glad it's winter! I had some work colleagues bring this stuff back for me .. so it came in bits and pieces .. couldnt wait to hear that induction noise (which is awesome) so I chucked the intake in. I should get the box next week and I'll do the install properly. unfortunately, the system was designed to fit a non-HID headlight system, so it is a bit of a squeeze. When it's done properly, it will look like this: (except without the sensor controller thing for cruise control? or traction control?)

DSC02401.jpg

• Like 1

Over the week end swapped out the small case diff and fitted a medium one. Wasn't happy with the travel in first and second rpm /speed in 5th.

Shiny new A/C condenser went in and regassed. Pretty simple!

post-51618-0-49025300-1406444294.jpg

• Like 1

Turned it into a signpost..

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Washed it.

Sorry about that. Probably explains why it's raining, now.

• Like 1