Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

What he said expandable magnet even a e46 things can disappear into the never, never.

I finished stripping an m62 e39 the other week and found all sorts of tools and sockets that had been lost forever.

• Like 2

I imagine Brent @ BMWorld will be sitting on a stack of 10-12mm sockets and ring spanners that'd rival Smaug's hoard of dwarfish gold.

• Like 3

Took the E36 off the road for commuter trips and replaced it with a new daily driver, my 5th Toyota Soarer, good to be back in one after 5 years, such lovely cars. ;)

post-6193-0-49301200-1401688469.jpg

Added a wasted spark ignition turned boost up to 18 psi and fitted some Sparco NS6 rims with Dunlop ZO1 235/40/18 opps and washed it

post-793-0-93105000-1401690497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Returned car to my DD after the trip to Taupo, changed brake pads, changed boot lid.

Checked rotors even though they looked fine with some thermal cracking of course no nail catchers

Then put the calipers on them, bugger close to the min thickness so did the change

post-2197-0-68053600-1401856206.jpg

post-2197-0-42730600-1401856249.jpgpost-2197-0-28727700-1401856409.jpg

• Like 1

The a key on my laptop has shat itself, am now copying and pasting til I can get a new one (if they're even still available) :(

Will PM you. will have what you need

• Like 1

Fitted e34 M5 Euro blockoff plate for the boot. Not sure about the boot release button hole, might look a little goofy but I'll find some type of grommet or something to fill it in a little at some stage.

blockoff.jpg

Drove it

Beautiful sound

• Like 1

Z3 rack installed with all new tie rods etc. No more steering play. Its the best the steering has ever felt. Needs alignment before passing final judgment.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy

Did you use a GoPro to record?

• Like 1

finally finished wiring my angel eyes to daytime running lights DRL and all the extras. There are no plug and play harnesses for the e36, so I built my own. Currently running mechanical relays (SPDT) however the next step is to move to electronic switches (MOSFET).

So the configuration is as goes

angel eyes hooked up to ACC as DRL.

angel eyes also simultaneously hooked up to interior lights (lock on, lock off, fade on, fade off)

angel eyes will run with main headlights when on

separate in cabin switch to keep angel eyes on with no ACC and no key etc. (35w LEDs are low current, low drain, wont kill the battery). Thinking of having this circuit run off a smaller secondary battery .. we'll see .. maybe after the MOSFET conversion).

Previously had this set up running using 3 SPDT relays, now only using a single relay and 4 diodes. Thinking of ways to further improve the efficiency and reduce parts.

Also designing a PCB and enclosed box with labelled inputs/outputs to have an almost plug and play harness .. can set these up for whatever configuration you like ..

no errors on my OBC.

retail from USA for harnesses designed for e39 etc are $30-$60.

so yay!

• Like 3

now all thats left are the front headlights indicators side blinkers badges rear taillights. and you will be super super stealth :ph34r:

• Like 1

Today I played about with some Plastidip. Now my E36 is nothing but black haha

Stunning

now all thats left are the front headlights indicators side blinkers badges rear taillights. and you will be super super stealth :ph34r:

Hmm maybe not that stealth, I still want it to look like a car rather than a smudge haha

Stunning

Thanks mate, it's not bad considering the state it was in when I got given it !

Finally found the cause of my spiking temp: two blockages, one in gallery just after bleed screw on expansion tank, and failing rubber diaphragms in the heater control valve. Will need a new valve at some point, but at least it runs right now.

Nice shiny new knob for the e39 540i touring!!

post-17842-0-55873100-1402550740_thumb.j

post-17842-0-74038000-1402550760_thumb.j

Bought new batteries for my spare key : re-synced to the car

Installed my new wireless charging phone dock .. Thinking of the best place to mount it .. Then I will hardwire it and programme a NFC tag to play current playlist thru Bluetooth

Started to dismantle it! :)

You crazy, man!