Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Custom German/Europlates ORDERS NOW CLOSED - Last Order Before Chr

what material is it made out of man? is it a plastic sheet or?

they are pressed aluminium with thermally applied paint, the same as your current government plates.

The german D or the white on black like you requested earlier are the same.

the only ones that are different are the NZ ones they have stickers applied for the fern and southern cross, but the words are still thermally painted like the rest of them.

I apply the stickers myself here in NZ now, i just get him to send them over without the stickers, as i wasnt happy with the quality of the first few batches way back in 2010 or so when i started doing these Bimmersport buys. Havent had any problems with the stickers so far, and they do survive the wind and rain and plenty of good scrubbings in a weekly carwash, and should you (or anyone else reading this) have any problems now from a previous buy, or going forward, shoot me a message, because i have plenty of spare stickers here ready to go

here is a video of some of the German D type ones getting made

(excuse ze German under grawnd muzixx)

Ah, so this is the holy grail plates thread or .....is it another one.....?

Anyway, Andy, I dont want the Southern Cross, I had the number plate surrounds for some years and I opted without the cross/stars etc. I just want the fern on the right and on the left I want a BMW LOGO or a M /// claw stripe / sticker. Is that do able?

i can leave the sticker off for you, you will have to source your own sticker.

for the record i do these not for any financial gain, ordinarily be more than happy to go out my way to source stickers etc

though that said, if that stripes thing did proove popular, i guess i could organise that, i use a crowd in auckland for this sort of work, but they do have minimum runs etc

Keen. NZ Black ferns - GBU507. Will PM. Cheers

OP updated again! (and free Friday bump)

I'll bump it for ya Earthly, & I think you need to yarn with your dyslexic protégée bout them too ae..................... ;):D

I'll bump it for ya Earthly, & I think you need to yarn with your dyslexic protégée bout them too ae..................... ;):D

sorry, dont understand what you are saying?

Bump

a few more orders would be good, you guys with new cars etc!

Kelvin, Amberleigh, etc

• Like 1

My orders already in!

its been a long day lol

Bump

a few more orders would be good, you guys with new cars etc!

Kelvin, Amberleigh, etc

Got a personalised plate heading my way :D

But thanks for the thought haha

Hi,

What's the story with the quality of the labeling? I'm more specifically interested in the German coat of arms plate than the NZ replicas.

I understand the plate and text/numeral combo should be all tidy quality, but your preference to have the NZ rep labels printed/applied here makes me question that component of it.

I'm a printer by trade so quite critical of everyone elses work! lol! I'd be a bit disappointed if I received a goofy looking low-res digitally printed sticker slapped on crooked..

Or does the quality issue only apply to the NZ rep labels?

Hi,

What's the story with the quality of the labeling? I'm more specifically interested in the German coat of arms plate than the NZ replicas.

I understand the plate and text/numeral combo should be all tidy quality, but your preference to have the NZ rep labels printed/applied here makes me question that component of it.

I'm a printer by trade so quite critical of everyone elses work! lol! I'd be a bit disappointed if I received a goofy looking low-res digitally printed sticker slapped on crooked..

Or does the quality issue only apply to the NZ rep labels?

Did you watch the video?

The German type ones are made in the same way that the genuine government issued german (and other european countries) ones are, using the same equipment. they are NOT a regular sticker, they are applied using some thermal tape type stuff you can see in the video. there is no chance it can go on crooked etc..

Way back in 2010, there were quality issues with the NZ reps ONLY. after a few batches not up to my standard, i get the stickers made here and put them on myself. They are properly scanned or however they do it off my set of Genuine plates.co.nz ones. THERE ARE NO ISSUES NOW or in the past couple years etc, and if anyone does loose a sticker etc, happy to send out another one.

• Like 1

Did you watch the video?

The German type ones are made in the same way that the genuine government issued german (and other european countries) ones are, using the same equipment. they are NOT a regular sticker, they are applied using some thermal tape type stuff you can see in the video. there is no chance it can go on crooked etc..

Way back in 2010, there were quality issues with the NZ reps ONLY. after a few batches not up to my standard, i get the stickers made here and put them on myself. They are properly scanned or however they do it off my set of Genuine plates.co.nz ones. THERE ARE NO ISSUES NOW or in the past couple years etc, and if anyone does loose a sticker etc, happy to send out another one.

Heyya,

Yeah I started watching... I found it a bit painful to sit through after 30 seconds or so. A bit like watching paint dry, or grass grow etc.

I'll take some plates and surrounds though seeing you're confident of quality. Will PM you now.

Ta.

Heyya,

Yeah I started watching... I found it a bit painful to sit through after 30 seconds or so. A bit like watching paint dry, or grass grow etc.

I'll take some plates and surrounds though seeing you're confident of quality. Will PM you now.

Ta.

Posted the video to answer these questions

Sounds good, look forward to recieving it, order closes today, so you will need to pay tonight as well.

Cheers,

Andy

Original Post updated.

Still time to get orders in, would be good if possible as will be making a loss this round, people that have said they are keen in the past few months havent eventuated

Posted the video to answer these questions

Sounds good, look forward to recieving it, order closes today, so you will need to pay tonight as well.

Cheers,

Andy

I actually emailed you. Couldn't include an attachment in a PM.

Still time to get orders in, would be good if possible as will be making a loss this round, people that have said they are keen in the past few months havent eventuated

Bit early for me Andy, I'll probably place an order with you next time round.

The decals are good quality. Just for added protection I sprayed a few gloss clear coats over the plate (with the decals) before putting them on the car. It has been at least a year and it hasn't chipped, faded or peeled.

Hi,

Am I too late to get in on this order? I'm about to pickup a 318Ti tonight and it needs a euro plate for the front.

Thanks

Quin

yep they landed today, will repack and send out on monday.

But those of you in Wellington if you would rather not wait, i should be around all weekend, send me a text/PM