Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Bye bye rusty slammington

Not a mike Burroughs fanboy and think his car looks sh*t, but you cant deny it's inspirational

The news is sure to upset the millions of people that swing on his nuts

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthre...8740#post428740

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

All his wheels gone.

Gutted.

Thatd be why you aren't allowed to keep petrol cans in your garage over here! (Unless they are under a certain quantity).

Really gutted for him though, it was different but still pretty cool.

Thatd be why you aren't allowed to keep petrol cans in your garage over here!

Oh, so it's for when people are being dumb-assess and trying to run engines in their driveway rather than in the car and it goes completely wrong. I thought it was just to be a pain for those people that want to store petrol in a safe manner that actually know what they are doing... ;)

Lo.........cough.........L

Now the crowd will have to disperse and find something else to wank over.

sucks to see anyones project go up ..

But yeah, pretty much failed to adhere to work shop rule #1

Always disconnect the battery no matter what youre working on, then work on fuel system, then mop it up and clean, then try car. Copy paste repeat.

Don't work on fuel system indoors or near other flamible things.

Its not the fact that his car has gone up in flames. Is how much work has actually gone down the drain.

Amazing car, love it or hate it you can appreciate the HUGE amount of work that has gone into it.

He had an awesome collection of wheels too

Yeah totally must be gutted. I quite liked the car, I would build something similar but don't think the olds would appreciate a rusty POS in the garage.

On the upside the car still looks the same as it did prior to the fire...

I had to laugh because it is true.

Though now I can imagine he will just get it running as is and start off another crappy look. And all his fanboys will reattach themselves to his balls.

It started out absolutely immaculate, then unfortunately was T-Boned by a truck. Instead of scrap the car and start again, it developed into something people would never have imagined. Never mind the rust and Japanese engine and air bags - all the custom fabrication (A lot he did himself) that went into this was pretty much wow. From the body drop to the gold plated Ronal rare as rocking horse sh*t wheels.

Call it crappy look all you want, you're entitled to dislike and I'm pretty sure you realise this just fuels the fire of the general Auto hipster that states "Haters gon' hate". This car will be known for years and years and years to come regardless of good or bad - it will be remembered. That's more than most of us could achieve with a single chassis.

I will always see Rusty as an inspiration and a trend setter - and Mike Burroughs is the name behind it. I can't wait for the next build!

Wow no more rusty. Its like a part of me just died inside. I loved that car. Well apart from the roof chop.

Ima go cut my springs and set fire to my e32.

holla.

It started out absolutely immaculate, then unfortunately was T-Boned by a truck. Instead of scrap the car and start again, it developed into something people would never have imagined. Never mind the rust and Japanese engine and air bags - all the custom fabrication (A lot he did himself) that went into this was pretty much wow. From the body drop to the gold plated Ronal rare as rocking horse sh*t wheels.

Call it crappy look all you want, you're entitled to dislike and I'm pretty sure you realise this just fuels the fire of the general Auto hipster that states "Haters gon' hate". This car will be known for years and years and years to come regardless of good or bad - it will be remembered. That's more than most of us could achieve with a single chassis.

I will always see Rusty as an inspiration and a trend setter - and Mike Burroughs is the name behind it. I can't wait for the next build!

Well said mate, echo that.

Dirty car hipster. Go sit in Ponsonby with your Ipad and skinny Jeans. :P

Well said mate, echo that.

+1. Love it or hate you had to admire it for the boundries that it pushed and the innovation that went in to it. We can all learn from it

I'd forgotten about it already.

Dirty car hipster. Go sit in Ponsonby with your Ipad and skinny Jeans. :P

I can't agree more! As much as I hate to admit it, it is another form of hipsterism/scene kids. Won't catch me in Ponsonby though - or with an iPad, I'll be drinking a beer out West Auckland tonight to old Rusty.

I'd forgotten about it already.

If you ever finish the 46'ified E30 of of yours Westy, I'm sure you'll have Rusty status here in NZ.

Edited by Pjay

It started out absolutely immaculate, then unfortunately was T-Boned by a truck.

Wasn't T-boned, a truck reversed into the left A pillar.

If you ever finish the 46'ified E30 of of yours Westy, I'm sure you'll have Rusty status here in NZ.

What you really mean is 'if you ever finish painting that f'in house...'.

''I guess Satan just wanted his car back.''

Sums it up really