Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

E30 Cabrio Restoration

Is there a way of over riding the windlow lock switch?

your car is a prefacelift that been made to look like a facelift. on a prefacelift the switch isnt on the centre console all the time, its very often above the radio in that HVAC panel, you should see 4 rectangle slots one will be your hazards, and then you will have a few others depending on your cars options. one of them will usually hold the window curcuit breaker. you may need to remove the stereo and you will find it.

i assume you mean override it like at the fuse box or something? as far as im aware, there is no way to override it that i am aware of it. if you want to delete the switch, you will still need to locate those two wires and solder them together

hope this helps

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Thanks for your help. Yes i do have four triangle slots! how ever the two centre ones are missing! so i only have the hazards & demister.

will have to take radio out as mentioned and go hunting for wires. This car just gets better lol!

interesting you say its been made to look like a facelift. I thought 89 onwards was f/l.

cheers.

Edited by pommy

not been upto much just been sanding down the front bumper. and made a mini spray booth to tidy up the rear lights.

And made a list to keep track, its getting smaller now. Just the electrics & fuel gauge starting to get on my t#ts.

post-92-1368945818.jpg

post-92-1368945849.jpg

Thanks for your help. Yes i do have four triangle slots! how ever the two centre ones are missing! so i only have the hazards & demister.

will have to take radio out as mentioned and go hunting for wires. This car just gets better lol!

interesting you say its been made to look like a facelift. I thought 89 onwards was f/l.

cheers.

Weird, It's an 89 production date but has pre-facelift tail lights. Probably why Andy assumed it was a pre-facelift.

Hi,

I am looking forward to photos, lots of them along with the up dates of the good work you are doing.

Threads like this are very interesting and show the skill and dedication of the owners.

Dave

Cabs face lifted later on.

but then why does it have a tech2 kit and facelift smiley headlights etc etc

i should stop stirring and accept it for what it is haha

Hi,

I am looking forward to photos, lots of them along with the up dates of the good work you are doing.

Threads like this are very interesting and show the skill and dedication of the owners.

Dave

Thanks for the comments Dave, will try and get more pics up! Its comments like that. That keep you going lol! You do have the odd thought of just putting it up!!! Cant wait til its finished.

Cheers Chris.

I decided to take the console out again as its bugging me why these "F in" windows don't work!!

any help appreciated. from the photo's any idea's I googled some images and evidently I'm looking for two green wires. ( as someone has already said on here.) but do you think I can find them........

I hav'nt taken the stereo back out yet to try andf trace through that way!

post-92-1369470695.jpg

post-92-1369470732.jpg

post-92-1369470758.jpg

post-92-1369470784.jpg

I also thought I would get rid of the 80's amber rear qtr's, and sprayed them all red! pics make them looks crap but they look ok.

post-92-1369471016.jpg

post-92-1369471043.jpg

post-92-1369471061.jpg

Weird, It's an 89 production date but has pre-facelift tail lights. Probably why Andy assumed it was a pre-facelift.

Cabrios retained the chrome bumper/p'fl taillights until October `90 then went facelift until end of production in Jan. of 1993. Owned 7 of them over the years so I got to learn plenty about them.

but then why does it have a tech2 kit and facelift smiley headlights etc etc

i should stop stirring and accept it for what it is haha

Tech 2 kit is fibreglass. Smileys can be retrofitted onto any E30.

At last found out my mate had a wire tracer!

Took us 15 mins this morning and found the b@#tard missing wires lol!

All windows now work, thanks for your help guys onto my next job. ( the fuel gauge)

Cheers.

Tech 2 kit is fibreglass. Smileys can be retrofitted onto any E30.

Ah that makes sence, didn't realise they facelifted later too

Any more updates?

I have been quite busy on the car! then been to knackered with work to upload any pics.

I have been slowly chipping away at my list of things to do!

have now installed all windows (and they work)

have bleeded the brakes (man the sh*t that came through, was scary! all nice and clear now)

had a mate who re set the lifters for me, to stop the sewing machine sound. It puuurs now, and even noticed better performance.

changed all the bulbs in the lights as 1 or 2 were blown, so did them all that way I know they are new.

re painted front bumper & installed.

will be doing oil/ plugs & filter today.

my next job now is to have the new roof installed, can't wait for that!

for some reason I can't upload an attachment. Has the layout changed or something?

Make an account on imageshack.us .. So much easier and you can upload in 800x600 then click share and grab the forum link.

I have uploaded more pics onto our facebook page.

got to cruiseauckland page and its under albums.

I cant seem to upload any other way at present. If I try anymore I reckon my laptop would get thrown out of the window...........

cheers.

Edited by pommy

Go to tinypic.com it's really easy to upload photos that way

Saw you on the main street of Browns bay yesterday - looking good!

Looks good man keep it up!!

cheers guys its getting there! cant wait to enjoy it.............

Oil & filter done!

Had to replace sump plug, as half of it was missing lol!