Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

"My Family"

Photos / Story care of Ari Gold

"Red people mover pulled out to do a u-turn across great south road, got collected by the yellow truck, which in turn collected a flatbed tow truck unloading an Astra . The guy unloading was inside the Astra on top of the flatbed and both trucks got shunted 50m down the road gouging out heaps of road and collected a few Audi’s along the way, before coming to rest in the Porsche used car lot, and the Astra flew off the back of the flatbed through the Porsche sign and landed on top of a 911 Turbo.

The people mover got slammed down great south road, mounted the curb and took out one of our customers cars before crossing the road and taking out our white X3."

post-373-1344581964.jpg

post-373-1344581973.jpg

post-373-1344581978.jpg

post-373-1344581983.jpg

post-373-1344581988.jpg

post-373-1344581994.jpg

post-373-1344582002.jpg

post-373-1344582008.jpg

post-373-1344582015.jpg

post-373-1344582019.jpg

post-373-1344582024.jpg

post-373-1344582029.jpg

post-373-1344582034.jpg

post-373-1344582039.jpg

post-373-1344582043.jpg

post-373-1344582051.jpg

post-373-1344582068.jpg

post-373-1344582073.jpg

post-373-1344582078.jpg

post-373-1344582082.jpg

post-373-1344582087.jpg

post-373-1344582093.jpg

post-373-1344582098.jpg

That'll buff right out, someone had to say it.

Why why why would you pull a u-turn there in the middle of the day?! Perhaps they should move the F40 away from the window in the showroom further down the road.

My $2m insurance cover doesnt sound so crazy after all.

What and how exactly it all happened? It looked really serious

Edited by SpikeyLemon

fkn people movers, usually causing issues on the road...

Arrrgghhhh, poor Porsches!!

You don't want to be the driver that causes all of these.....

Edited by 318Touring

Does anyone know how many people were hurt in this carnage and how they all are. It's a shame to see so much bent steel but cars can be fixed people are a little more complicated. The police will no doubt be having a few words to various people.

Looks like it could easily have been so much worse in terms of people hurt, fingers crossed the two guys in hospital recover soon.

All because one person decided to make a silly move... ends up looking like something from an action movie stunt.

It's going to keep a few insurance companies busy for a while, no-ones going to want to foot the bill for this one.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Natural selection at its best.

It seems the Astra looks to be fine in all the photos too ha.

Lol I bet the people mover driver wasn't insured as well

Ha- what comes to mind is when my old man would tell me to insure my cars just incase I ever crashed into a ferrari factory. Close enough.

Guest Ari Gold

What and how exactly it all happened? It looked really serious

Red people mover pulled out to do a u-turn across great south road, got collected by the yellow truck, which in turn collected a flatbed tow truck unloading an Astra . The guy unloading was inside the Astra on top of the flatbed and both trucks got shunted 50m down the road gouging out heaps of road and collected a few Audi’s along the way, before coming to rest in the Porsche used car lot, and the Astra flew off the back of the flatbed through the Porsche sign and landed on top of a 911 Turbo.

The people mover got slammed down great south road, mounted the curb and took out one of our customers cars before crossing the road and taking out our white X3.

Natural selection at its best.

It seems the Astra looks to be fine in all the photos too ha.

The towie jumped out of the Astra like nothing had happened to him, and then they drove it away! Way more respect for Astra's now.

Edited by Ari Gold

If the van not insured, be a nice debt for the rest of their lives, will never be repaid in full.

Off topic & not suggesting lack of was the case in this incident but when the hell is this backward PC country going to wake up & insist on compulsory third party insurance. The rest of the (developed) world has had it forever.

Edit: Dislexia :rolleyes:

Off topic & not suggesting lack of was the case in this incident but when the hell is this backward PC country going to wake up & insist on compulsory third party insurance. The rest of the (developed) world has had it forever.

+1 on this but how

if they make insurance a pre-requsite for rego, people are just going to ignore the expired rego and keep driving anyway. They should have a law that says if you park a car on the street with expired rego (hence no insurance), it gets tow and impounded until paid or car gets sold after 28 days.

No point in arguing (will turn to one soon) about it, this country is far far behind the times, will never catch up to the rest of the world!

If the driver didn't have insurance then he/she is f**ked! And good too, maybe they will learn.

Then again he/she more than likely does.

I dunno, the government compelling you to do something rather than just being responsible for your own actions seems a bit PC to me.

It's up to the individual to make sure they're protected, not the nanny state.

Bloody hell!

How fast was the truck going? Is it a 100kph area?

Never knew you had an X3! Is it the new MSpec?

Bloody hell!

How fast was the truck going? Is it a 100kph area?

Never knew you had an X3! Is it the new MSpec?

Haha, nah it's 50kph, I drove past on Saturday and you could see all the marks on the road from all the action. Everything else was back to normal though, just the Porsche sign missing.

Haha, nah it's 50kph, I drove past on Saturday and you could see all the marks on the road from all the action. Everything else was back to normal though, just the Porsche sign missing.

For the truck to punch all that sh*t up at only 50kph seems a little hard to imagine. Was he fully loaded?

I'm picking 1.2 million in damages/loss of earnings.

The person who caused the crash can now have this on their desktop below :

post-2864-1344752367.jpg

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Well it's on a slight incline so if the truck was heading towards Newmarket it would have been going downhill. If the truck was going 60ish like most traffic in Auckland in a 50 it could have easily shunted the smaller one across the road.

Was he fully loaded?

Yes it was loaded and on a slight down slope.

Guest Ari Gold

Truck was full of road metal as mentioned.

See:

Posted Image

Edited by Ari Gold