Sign in to follow this  
Kepes

Where do you buy your (new) bmw replacement parts?

Title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a website preferably, either a Nz one or one overseas with reasonable shipping. I tried autohausaz.com, but the shipping for a $129 order is $139 and that seems ridiculous! A physical store would be fine too, one in Wellington preferably though. Im looking for E30 parts in particular.

Edited by Kepes

Pelican (www.pelicanparts.com) and turnermotorsport.com has served me well so far. I think Pelican might have been marginally cheaper shipping-wise - can't remember exactly.

Pelican isn't really cheap for shipping, I think it starts off quite high but as you add items it slowly goes up.. Just do a decent amount they have cheap stuff it works out so much cheaper. Unless you get hit with GST like I just did

Protip: Dont ship to a commercial address!

• Like 1

Heard good things about Schmiedmann.

I've used them multiple times but as with all international companies weight is the killer

Ended up going with pelicanparts for almost all the parts except the front wheel bearing. Used schiedmann for that, almost a third of the price. Saved ~$85 using these sites rather than using autohausaz. Thanks again!!!

Try Paul at Milland. WWW.milland.co.nz. He is in Dunedin. Good guy and good prices. He is on Trademe as well. 03 454 6992.

+1. Gavin's da man, and he's also a forum sponsor.

http://yellow.co.nz/y/euro-italian-car

+1 Try Gavin first and support a local business and forum sponsor, he is often as cheap as importing and saves the hassle and liability..

Try Paul at Milland. WWW.milland.co.nz. He is in Dunedin. Good guy and good prices. He is on Trademe as well. 03 454 6992.

+1 on this, Paul is an absolute ledge, I got f**ked around by vinz saying I needed to replace my wheel bearing, turned out it was the brake gravel guard scratching my wheel. I told Paul what was up and he refunded me straight away. If youre in Dunedin its pretty much always same day delivery also.

speed.co.nz for certain still in stock BMW parts. Not sure if they could help with older parts.

You know, BMW themselves are pretty good too :P and fast shipping if they do need to get something from Germany.

I wanted a few bits'n'pieces for the E46, and went to BMW. Ended up paying less than I might have elsewhere (thanks to some discounting - be nice to them, it helps!) and had the parts in my hand there and then.

+1 for Gavin at EuroItalian

I also use Schmiedmann pretty regularly - they're combined shipping is very competitive

For non-critical parts like suspension, etc (when OE is not essential) eBay can be good - e.g. exhaust system parts.

Mostly use Paul and Gavin general maintenance\service type items. All big orders thru pelican parts as its cheaper, faster and they have a lot of stock for older BMW's which is hard to get or not available locally.

You know, BMW themselves are pretty good too :P and fast shipping if they do need to get something from Germany.

I can get Genuine BMW parts cheaper from Milland, than I have been quoted from the dealer. Plus Paul orders the right parts for me, not expensive ones I don't need. He's ex dealer too.

The two times I've tried two dealers over the phone, they tried to talk me into needing the wrong part, AND it cost more. Then Paul told me he can do Genuine too. Even a new remote key ordered from VIN was about $100 cheaper via Milland. Bottle of coolant were cheaper too. Check out his Trademe feedback.