Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Things I hate about Xmas...........! :-(

Theres probably a few things I dislike / detest about this happy happy joy joy time of the year, mostly its all good, :) but most people have the odd thing that gets at them :unsure: - for me one is as follows........ :rolleyes::(

Setting the scene here, imagine......... ;):)

You're in the zone, out in the Man-cave. That kiwi-icon, where things are fixed, things are made & created, ideas are formed, some things are broken at times during trial & error in development & evolution & words might be said that rhyme with 'truck', occasionally.

Its a 'happy place' :) - there's probably a good stereo system cranked up on your favourite station, a multitude of tools & electrical fixing & 'unfixing devices, there's no estrogen in the air, & there might even be a fridge that contains something a bit stronger than lemonade, for medicinal & pain relief purposes.... ;) maybe even your dog is in there as well as good company............

As we can see, its great!!! All is fine in the world. We have little fuzzy bubbles of happiness going - its perfect......... :):wub:

But no, wait, we can wreck all this!!! :unsure::( Some pillock @ your fav radio station has a brain fart, & because 'its the season', we now have Mariah Carey singing some poxy Christmas song in full squawk......

Seriously, that screaming tart is enough to make ya ears bleed................ :(

Classic !!!!

I can picture spanners being thrown at the speakers !!

• Like 1

Yea, something like that - has ya frantically looking for where the f#ck the stereo remote has been buried on the bench, & puts ya in instant 'I wanna stab some queer ba$tard' mood......

• Like 1

Could be 'just a Main-lander' quirk though - I've heard the further north ya go the more chance of hearing $hit like that, & Justin Bieber / One Direction etc etc all singing 'Jingle Bells' while sprinkling fairy dust............

Aint no who-ever-the-bloody-hell-that-is on any bloody station Ima bloody listenin to maaaayyte.

• Like 1

Could be worse mate, you could be working retail in a maul or supermarket, can you imagine that clusterf**k of Christmas fail.

We had a neighbourhood BBQ the other day and I was told I was a "weirdo" because I mow my lawn on Christmas day?

Can anyone confirm that it is strange to do this? My Wife and I didn't think it odd?

• Like 1

I can think of better things to do than mow lawns on xmas (unless you have a ride-on mower and you need to perfect your corner entry)

I used to work at the Warehouse when I was a student, and yeah f**k it was unbearable listening to Mariah Carey's "all i want for xmas" come on every 2 hours.Working till midnight there during xmas made it even worse.

I used to work at pizza hut (deliveries) and we played the christmas tape ALL year... BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST ONE WE HAD!!!

1.) threads about xmas

2.) xmas carols / songs

talking about the radio, that honda hamilton advert rarks me up the wrong way - will avoid there shop at all costs. Living in hamilton and I order my honda parts from tauranga.

i just get pissed off having to buy presents they don't want,

for people i don't like

with money i don't have (for them anyways)

• Like 2

i just get pissed off having to buy presents they don't want,

for people i don't like

with money i don't have (for them anyways)

Ahh, feeling the love, yip - probably sums it up nicely...............

I can think of better things to do than mow lawns on xmas (unless you have a ride-on mower and you need to perfect your corner entry)

I used to work at the Warehouse when I was a student, and yeah f**k it was unbearable listening to Mariah Carey's "all i want for xmas" come on every 2 hours.Working till midnight there during xmas made it even worse.

Slow form of torture.............

Mariah with "All I want for Xmas" just makes me go "What I'd really like, is for you to F#CK OFF right now"............as remote gets aimed at stereo.......

3 cats rooting in a alley @ 2am would probably sound better...........

Yea nah, I dunno Graham, that mowing the lawn thing could go either way.........maybe if you're in suburbia & ya wanna do somethink different this year for neighbourly relations, might want to think bout cranking up the Stihl around that sorta 12.30pm mark Xmas day, to hook some stumps outa your garden or prune coupla trees.... ;):)

I love Christmas. Not sure about Ms Carey sqwarking on the radio, but I can think of a way to shut her up... ;)

I definitely need me a man cave though, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I would do bad things to mariah Carey! She is hot as f**k!

I sabotaged the speakers at work. Nobody knows it was me. But the crazy cat lady at work was playing some shitty Xmas radio channel all day long.

They then started playing it on a work PC. I uninstalled the sound drivers on it.

I am a xmas grinch. I f**king hate it.

I sent the office the following xmas card.

grumpy-cat.jpg

• Like 3

I used to work at pizza hut (deliveries) and we played the christmas tape ALL year... BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST ONE WE HAD!!!

What was wrong with the Mariah Carey or Cliff Richard ones?

Order for Gorbachev!

I sabotaged the speakers at work. Nobody knows it was me. But the crazy cat lady at work was playing some shitty Xmas radio channel all day long.

They then started playing it on a work PC. I uninstalled the sound drivers on it.

grumpy-cat.jpg

You sir! Are my hero!

Are you high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't give a rats a$$ what ya do to her, so long as ya get her to shut the f#ck up & not produce any more $hit Xmas songs!!!!

grumpy-cat.jpg

Cracked me up!! Seriously, theres a big market for skills like yours @ this time of the year - I'd even buy ya a beer or 3...........

I'm going to town for Xmas shopping tomorrow - will be 'jingle f#cking bells, ho, ho, ho, & Rudolph the pi$$ed off reindeer' everywhere I imagine, I can hardl;y wait. It'll be backflips of joy & happiness all the way from the mall to the bottle-store...........

Yeah I can get the `Rudolph the red nosed reindeer` and `Feed the world ` crap in the Mall music as an opportunity to get out the AK 47...( But luckily in our part of the world they don`t come out very often...) But surely nothing beats the Boss giving us the gee up at the work do... We`re all having a great night, then suddenly everything goes quiet. Then up he ( Or She gets...) `Well it`s been a tough year, but by god you punters at the sharp end on the sh*t salaries are what makes us strong..keep going and let`s do it for the shareholders...`

• Like 1

Yeah I can get the `Rudolph the red nosed reindeer` and `Feed the world ` crap in the Mall music as an opportunity to get out the AK 47...( But luckily in our part of the world they don`t come out very often...) But surely nothing beats the Boss giving us the gee up at the work do... We`re all having a great night, then suddenly everything goes quiet. Then up he ( Or She gets...) `Well it`s been a tough year, but by god you punters at the sharp end on the sh*t salaries are what makes us strong..keep going and let`s do it for the shareholders...`

10 bucks says I'll hear this today.................

Heard that yesterday. I was just there for the food. I am a shareholder and still felt like I was getting put in my place haha. Though I am more at the blunt end of the stick. The blunt end that prods the angry bears.

I have to venture to Albany Mall today. Check the 'Breaking News' areas of your local left wing rag to see if I snap.

• Like 1