Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Oh my lord...

NICE!

With that thread title, I was expecting to see a 520i auto "M5" with a bonnet scoop and flyscreens hot glued into the kidneys etc.....

Actually... speaking of Kidneys - selling one would almost pay for that!

• Like 1

Nice Car

BMW ALPINA B10 3,5 / 1

Bild vergrößern

Based on BMW 535i (E34)

Production 4/1988 - 12/1992

ALPINA Engine B11/3: Cylinder 6

Capacity cm³ 3430

Max output kW/hp 187 / 254

Max torque Nm 325

Performance: Acceleration 0-100km/h s 6.4

Top speed km/h 250

Fuel consumption: at 90km/h l/100km 8.3

at 120km/h l/100km 9.8

Urban l/100km 15.7

Im not trying to dispute if its genuine or not, but why no body kit? looks the same as any other E34 on the outside

No idea why he's goes with that stupid intake mod and its missing bodykit . Sure its a nice car otherwise but for me 20k gets me a mint E34 M5.

I remember seeing this ( or an identical car ) for sale down on Stanley Street, Auckland about 6 or 7 years ago ( May have been longer ). Would see it everyday going to and from uni.

genuine alpina front bumper spoiler cover got wipped out long ago (easliy broken fibre glass) , very expensive to replace , so he didn't bother..

A 540i would beat it

• Like 1

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bf00757.pdf Sytner made cars to order then, but kept spotty records. The original VIN should be crossed out too.

I don't believe that is true, as this is a Sytner "modified" vehicle rather than a car built at Alpina the VIN should remain as the vehicle manufacturer, e.g. BMW.

Also, I think it is only more recent Alpina cars that have the original VIN stamped through, and their own added, and I believe this is because it is only recently that Alpina have been made an authorised "manufacturer" of vehicles. Certainly all the older Alpinas I have seen have retained the BMW VIN, with the build plate adding their details.

This is certainly a very nice example and I hope it goes to a new owner who will cherish it for what it is!

• Like 1

yeah, i can understand the front getting destroyed, have fixed my AC Schnitzer front kit twice already. But that doesnt explain where the rear apron, side skirts have gone to, even the spoiler is a normal E34 type one, not Alpina.

$20k is a lot for an E34, it MIGHT be that if it was complete..

• Like 1

Not taking anything away from what it is, its condition & its raritity, but in terms of bang for buck, I'd personally far sooner have that 22k E39 M5 on trademe........ :)

Bah. Just the B10 3.5. If it was the B10 Bi-Turbo I would own it already.

Specs for the B10 3.5

This is the first Alpina car based on the third-generation 5-series, which came in 1988. The first car was built in April 1988 and the last one in December 1992. A total of 572 cars were made.

Engine/Gearbox

The B10 3,5 has the same 254 bhp catalyst engine as in later versions of the B6 3,5 (e-30).
The major modifications made to the engine are new Mahle-pistons, a modified cylinder-head, a new camshaft and a reprogrammed Motronic system. Alpina have also fitted it´s own exhaust system and catalyst. The engine produces 254 bhp and has a torque of 325 Nm. The gearbox is a 5-speed manual but a 4-speed automatic was available as an option.

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels

To handle the improved performance Alpina fits, as always, new springs and shock absorbers which is specially made for Alpina by Bilstein. And behind the 17in Alpina wheels with 235/45 tires at front and 265/40 tires at rear, bigger and more powerful brakes are mounted.

Interior/Exterior

The interior changes include Recaro seats with Alpina upholstery, a new leather-covered steering wheel made by Momo and new gearknob. The only visual changes are a front spoiler, the wheels, the exhaust pipes and the badges.

Performance

Alpina claimed a 0-100 km/h time of 7,4 seconds and a top speed of 252 km/h. In Auto Motor und Sport´s the 0-100 km/h time was exactly the same but the top speed was higher, 255 km/h.

Ahh, this is the car I posted under 'Spotted' on the weekend, had a wee drag race with him and whipped him