Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Fuel for the manual debate fire

I will ONLY drive a manual (as long as it's custom pea green, with cream leather and teak trim).

Careful, I drive green with cream and wood and manual!!

• Like 1

Careful, I drive green with cream and wood and manual!!

A man of rare taste!

close enough?

36601d1172778703-picture-m5-individual-o

Wow!

Ideally I would have charcoal quattro-cloth in a white or dark blue car with carbon fibre trim. NZ only got wood and leather sadly.

I think if I could afford a new BMW and I wanted a manual, I would test the options in auto cars then order the manual to take however long.

But both my BMW and Audi are manual and all I want is an auto with the driving I do now.

The Daimler V8 isn't auto?

Oh god, yeah thats auto... forgot it existed for a second. That reminds me I need new radius arm bushes for it.

Gee Ron what a spoil sport chuckle chuckle. Thanks for that have had a @#$%^& sort of day and that just made it feel a little better.

P.S. drove the Volkswagen Amarok , drives well but 2 litre diesel struggles over 100kmh to pass a speeding bicycle

Hmmm... wierd - we have a '13 2.0 BiTurbo 4motion high roof, LWB Transporter that we ordered with DSG but (you'll like this!) VW couldn't do DSG with those options - we had to drop the high roof, the 4WD, or the DSG... we dropped the DSG!

It pulls like a train up to about 130 (which I've never gone past in it!) and it had under 200 kms on it at that point, so would have still been plenty tight!

It EATS the pants of our old Hiace 2.5 D4D (but that's not hard - I don't think Toyota has ever made a decent diseasel!). and is quicker than a Hilux too (excpet it fisrt, where it limits it's power output).

On the second day we had it, driving back from Kaitaia, I overtook a logging truck in a place I'd have never even attempted it in the Hiace. I was in 4th gear, but could have used 3rd too. Then climbing a hill (heading south, into the northen side of Okaihau) where the Hiace was tapped out in 3rd gear (4 speed auto) the Transporter cruised up in 6th (just)! I could have still used 5th, 4th or 3rd too!

I'm really impressed with it... but really wonder what a 3.0 version would be like B)

funny, had a conversation with the company that I rent vehicles off from time to time, usually get a (turbo?)diesel Hiace from them, then tried a VW turbo diesel transporter and wow what a different machine. We all know a euro car is nicer than its japanese "equivelents", you dont expect it to translate into commercial kit too.

Amarok is 2100kg though? im not calling you out, im sure you're right, but i do kinda find that hard to believe?

^ So the first figure is the vehicle weigh and the difference is 200kgs of driver... No wonder they don't fit my size 32' trousers!

So I was lucky enough to drive an e92 M3 DCT yesterday. I've always been a huge manual proponent (in sports cars) but having driven one I would definitely take the DCT.

The old man has a new Merc Sprinter van hitop TDI. The thing is huge .. Got in it expecting a slow old lumbering POS .. boy was I impressed. It drove like a well sorted car and had all of the power in the world.
Euro diesels are really something else.

It was an auto sorry, but a very nice one.

The GTR "auto" was immeasurably better than the 458 "sequential" I drove in Milan.

Just casually hahaha

Anyway, my girls step father bought a brand new e9whatever touring, black leather blah blah a few years ago, but being the absolute good c**t that he is, He chose the 2 month wait for a manual, $4000 cheaper also.. Wonder if hell sell it to me cheap when he upgrades in 10 years...??