Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Cheap motor, with car attached maybe?

Such a beaut.

What one does with such a car is the question though, While I like big cars, you certainly cant have the same fun like a 3 series or 5 series offers.

They have more room in general especially rear leg room so more comfortable long journeys, longer wheelbase helps with this and ride quality.

You can carry some pretty long objects in an E38 iL's too.

Sure they don't handle as good as 3 and 5 series but they actually are surprising decent, they just a heavier 5 series at the end of the day. I took mine to the track and had certainly more fun in it, probably more than i would have had with a 318i auto or similar

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

Shame... my Mrs thinks they're ugly... plus I'd have to pay for the bits for a manual conversion :lol:

And a better than stock driveshaft:

IMG_0054.jpg

:lol:

Shame... my Mrs thinks they're ugly...

Clearly your Mrs has no idea what an ugly car actually looks like. I prefer a the looks of a E38 with a nice body kit and a little lowering to the E39 equivalent.

Edited by Eagle

Clearly your Mrs has no idea what an ugly car actually looks like. I prefer a the looks of a E38 with a nice body kit and a little lowering to the E39 equivalent.

They're too "Old-man-ish"! Can't much argue against that, but they are a very well balanced looking car.

She thinks Prius's are butt-ugly, so she clearly DOES have some idea :P

Same could be said for most std cars on the road. I cant recall ever seeing an old man\woman driving a E38, usually driving the newer BMW's if anything.

A stock E30 could be considered an old mans\ woman's car, but lower it and chuck some decent rims on it and it aint anymore, works for many cars.

Prius's look ok compared to some of the cars i can think of... Pontiac Aztek comes to mind.

i think they look pretty mean

like the one i had a while back

also have seen a driveshaft like that from a e36 320i .

young guys having fun in the paddock , spinning one wheel etc , diff locked up and screwed the driveshaft like that under full revs

post-279-0-11001400-1397014838.jpg

post-279-0-73698500-1397014856.jpg

Shame... my Mrs thinks they're ugly... plus I'd have to pay for the bits for a manual conversion :lol:

And a better than stock driveshaft:

IMG_0054.jpg

:lol:

So i shouldnt use the standard driveshaft when i put a v12 in the e21..... ;)

Love E38's...

Had both stock standard and modified, and they both looked great in their own way..

Not a kids toy though, once the backend goes out on one of those, good luck pulling it back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 750 was easy to slide with that torque but being big and heavy it was lazy and easy to control just slowly wind the back end back in line. Even for an inexperianced 17 year old like i was at the time.

My 750 was easy to slide with that torque but being big and heavy it was lazy and easy to control just slowly wind the back end back in line. Even for an inexperianced 17 year old like i was at the time.

There is a reason Brent now has my old one - The ex politely planted her into a tree & ditch, once out, that thing never came back in. Maybe wet conditions + over confident driver didn't work too well huh? Males...

Currently biting my typing finger at that provacation.........^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes::D;)

Go start a thread on yr new car - chicks can't hold onto money this long without spending it.............. :D:)

• Like 1

There is a reason Brent now has my old one - The ex politely planted her into a tree & ditch, once out, that thing never came back in. Maybe wet conditions + over confident driver didn't work too well huh? Males...

engine lives on in my e34 544i wagon :)
  • Like 1

engine lives on in my e34 544i wagon :)

Yes! You legend!

That engine purred like an angel, plus with less than 120ks on the clock, she was a beaut. Very jealous, loved that car!

Currently biting my typing finger at that provacation.........^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes::D;)

Go start a thread on yr new car - chicks can't hold onto money this long without spending it.............. :D:)

Haha, just stating the general ;)

Us 'sensible' chicks can restrain from spending.

Plus, I wouldn't have a clue how to spend money on anything other than a car or horse...

Edited by Amber-Leigh

Yes! You legend!

That engine purred like an angel, plus with less than 120ks on the clock, she was a beaut. Very jealous, loved that car!

yea was a nice one , thats why I used thst one , makes a excellent tow car , pulls like a train
  • Like 1

Ignore cars, i dont know a single horse person who is good with money

Ignore cars, i dont know a single horse person who is good with money

Congratulations, you just met one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a BMW enthusiast... You are not good with money. Fact.

• Like 3

You're a BMW enthusiast... You are not good with money. Fact.

OK. Fair point on that one..

• Like 1