Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

Written off E30 318is

looks like the nose pointed out across intersection and someones hit that corner and pushed it all across?

Andy Timms old car from way back when ... shame to see it stacked, but spose it was going to happen sooner or later :/

Use to be owned by Gerry Hodges a long time ago pre turbo then conrad was involved in turning it into this including all of the forged internals work.

How hard do people think this would be to repair?

Looks like a good candidate for a reshell (presuming the engine didnt take any impact)

Auction is up in 20 mins :D

Anyone keen to bid?

My mrs would kill me ! :(

What's the current bid? I can't seem to find out on my phone

Judging by what ive seen in the past i doubt much more than 600-800

Tartan interior, tech2 rear, LSD, BBS RS look genuine, turbo m42 motor. Probably a good score for someone.

I won the auction for this so, rest assured, it's going to a good home. I doubt the car is actually fixable, though. I have a nice poverty-spec E30 316i coupe in my backyard just waiting for a good M42. I was planning to drop in an E36 M42 but this E30 setup came along so I just had to buy it.

The plan is to build a lightweight toy for autocross,track, and street use.

I'm keen to learn more details about this car and the engine in particular. It looks like this car is pretty well known here on bimmersport so please chime in with what you know. I'd appreciate it!

I suppose that after dropping this motor into my 316i, I may have to upgrade the giant clock in the instrument cluster to a faster one. Can M3 clocks be retrofitted?

M3 clocks can be retrofitted, but are expensive to buy and the wiring is very different, so needs a lot of changes for signal inputs, etc. Not a plug'n'play by any means, but nothings impossible.

I would love to know how much you paid for it, but really it's good news it is going to be re-born rather than parted out.

have been on the track when this car was out on the track a few years back , I think it was putting out about 160kw at the wheels , was quite quick.

Has forged pistons and a Motec ECU. Running around 12psi and 300 at the wheels when I drove it 8 years a go. Not sure what state its in now however.

I won the auction for this so, rest assured, it's going to a good home. I doubt the car is actually fixable, though. I have a nice poverty-spec E30 316i coupe in my backyard just waiting for a good M42. I was planning to drop in an E36 M42 but this E30 setup came along so I just had to buy it.

The plan is to build a lightweight toy for autocross,track, and street use.

I'm keen to learn more details about this car and the engine in particular. It looks like this car is pretty well known here on bimmersport so please chime in with what you know. I'd appreciate it!

I suppose that after dropping this motor into my 316i, I may have to upgrade the giant clock in the instrument cluster to a faster one. Can M3 clocks be retrofitted?

Keen on the LSD if you don't need it.. need 3.9 or 4.1 small case for Targa..