Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

Jeepers. Those springs though. Not cool. Yeah those lifters can get a bit noisy after time but not too bad. Nice work Miss BM. Car is really something else

Yeah I hear you; but at this stage just a reset and gasket replacement.. I can see Valve shims as an expensive to do task for some reason..... edit: reset not resent lol

Wait what is a reset?

Wait what is a reset? 

Resetting the lifters?

Setting clearances on valves. Thats. Valve to lifter clearance

Yes. But how do you do that?

Lifters on an S54 are solid so I don't follow how you 'reset' then.

I've always been under the impression the only way to 'adjust' valves is to replace the shims to the correct factory thickness.

• Like 1

I've always been under the impression the only way to 'adjust' valves is to replace the shims to the correct factory thickness.

I'm not the best to ask to be honest.

Dr Google can answer for you - just search Valve Adjustment S54 and it even comes up with DIY YouTube videos. How considerate lol

• Like 2

Yes, solid lifters have to be shimmed. Ticky lifters is just one thing you have to live with when you have solid lifters, obviously they don't self adjust like hydraulic lifters in the m5x engines.

They should be quiet after they have been shimmed but the valves will quickly stretch and more carbon on valve seats means clearances will increase and they become ticky again in short time.

Most solid lifters have some degree of adjustment of the valve clearance, Eg m20 motors. Normally set with a feeler gauge and a few spanners.

Most solid lifters have some degree of adjustment of the valve clearance, Eg m20 motors. Normally set with a feeler gauge and a few spanners.

Yes but the m20 is old and uses rockers. With later cam on bucket type setups there is no room for adjusters and so they use shims.

• Like 1

Imma just leave it in the capable hands of Ray..

Moving on? :D

• Like 4

Ray is more than capable. I have seen his handywork and its tres excellenté

Took the old girl out for a spin last night, as you do in potential cyclone weather.

Complete awe of the design and capabilities of this vehicle. Headed over the harbour bridge; didn't even feel the wind as we headed over it.

I find the Schnitzer has a bit of fun when it finds contact with Hydroplanes, the M3 just acted like it was plain stretch of road. No mean grunts as you hit them.

Unfortunately had to test the ABS system due to complete idiot with no license crossing my path and almost wiping out bus + Taxi + Me. Can confirm it works.

All in all good late night cyclone drive.

Rust bucket held up well ;) hahahaha

• Like 4

Oh sh*t man.

Hit my 1000 post mark today. That can't bring good things :wacko:

Thank you M3 and Schnitzer, for embarking me on Forum madness. Wonder how long until the next 1000 mark :ph34r:

• Like 4

Ew god on that note I just realised I have well over 3k posts. I spend too much time on the web.

Oh well :P

Jeez, It's been a whole month since I posted on here.

M3 has been just chilling.
Took her for a spin to Taupo and Back Last weekend of March.

Just f**king brilliant. These cars never seize to amaze me.

So much torque.. happily over taking a few snails in 6th gear.

The parts are still sitting in the boot yet to be put in, not like me to wait around, but just haven't had time (or money haha) to invest too much more for now.
Might start a GiveALittle Page for an M3 fund at the rate I want things done :ph34r:

Might start a GiveALittle Page for an M3 fund at the rate I want things done :ph34r:

:mellow: Maybe I can do that for some LCI Tails, Performance Seats, V2 Steering wheel, Vorsteiner lip,

• Like 1

:mellow: Maybe I can do that for some LCI Tails, Performance Seats, V2 Steering wheel, Vorsteiner lip, 

Haha!

And a gas fund.

First drive for her tomorrow.. In aggges

• Like 2

Wash car in rain. *check*

Drive car in rain. *check*

Meet sexy sister M3. *check*

Good day indeed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh sh*t man.

Hit my 1000 post mark today. That can't bring good things :wacko:

Thank you M3 and Schnitzer, for embarking me on Forum madness. Wonder how long until the next 1000 mark :ph34r:

Ew god on that note I just realised I have well over 3k posts. I spend too much time on the web.

Oh well :P

Lol i am nearly 7k. just sneaks up i guess. And not even edited like some of the mods here! Its a great community most of the time, and changed a lot over the 7 or so years i been here. Good then sh*t, happy to say its defiantely good and active again these days! and the new members coming through getting involved and staying here!

• Like 2

Who's is that sexy beast  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: :D

Which one ;) haha.

Nah other M3 is Tristan's (T.J on here)

image.jpg

Hahahahaha :lol:

Mike what are you on? lol.

Can't even see what you're pointing out haha