Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

I could find somewhere for them to go Julez ^

Parts, Parts, Parts and More parts arrived from the States this week. With more on the way.

Oil - Check

Oil Filter - Check

Air Filter - Check

Cabin Filter - Check

Fuel Filter - Check

6x Spark Plugs - Check

Diff Mount - Customs pinched it - New one on way thanks to ECS tuning fronting the bill :)

Full Valve/Rocker Cover Gasket Kit on it's Way. USPS you better damn well get it here.

Resetting the Lifters.. To be completed once Kit arrives.

Will set out to do the Service on Saturday.

DME sorted, Thanks Tom & Ray. Shall enjoy the initial test drive once the car is all back together.

Sweet!

Good to see the oil came through customs all okay.

Sweet!

Good to see the oil came through customs all okay. 

Considering I 'need' a permit for oil,. Can't understand why they took Diff Mount. Box had been opened and turned upside down before it even arrived.. Also surprised no tax considering was NZD475.. Luck I guess

• Like 1

Very lucky.

Wow, what do you think happened with the diff mount? Such a strange thing to go...

Permit for oil????

I've brought it some VERY specific oils a few times (all for gearboxes, wierdly)... but was never a problem.. Ooops

Must remember to look genuinely confused/blank if ever questioned on it :lol:

I like boxes like that arriving... just don't like paying for them! :D

That is weird... Is the diff mount hydraulic? If it has fluid in it I guess they may have removed it to test... Still seems very strange.

Probably more likely the opened the box to check and forgot to put the mount back in. Either way you should get in touch with customs.

That is weird... Is the diff mount hydraulic? If it has fluid in it I guess they may have removed it to test... Still seems very strange.

Probably more likely the opened the box to check and forgot to put the mount back in. Either way you should get in touch with customs.

Yes most likely forgot to put it back in.

I weighed up the options of contacting them. But with the EPA stating a permit was needed, and the cost of import duties if I mentioned parcel value... Yeah I left it.

However! ECS tuning came to the party and paid for the part to be replaced... So for those noobs who say ECS aren't the best with contact, I had the funds credited to my account within 24 hours.. And it wasn't even their fault. Big ups! Currently on its way to Nz ;)

Whoops and yeah, it was just your standard diff mount.. No fluid etc

ECS are great, I always use them. Half the time I order stuff from them it ends up being something I need urgently so I use the Fedex priority option (which isn't much more expensive..) and packages have always arrived before 12pm 2 days later (order monday, get it Wednesday before 12pm).

Yup, used FedEx Priority on the last order. Was good.

However couldn't on the second. Why? Because USPS was $66 and any other option was $390USD+... No idea how but UPS, and FedEx even economy was that expensive.

Full service done today, thanks to Ray letting me borrow a hoist and annoy him with countless questions!

Did the full works, filters and all, and once done tested the new DME put in (again thanks Tom and Ray). Bloody love it, didn't get to test it long as front diff mount is due for replacement, but wow. Amazing difference and pure driving pleasure from quicker response. Big smiles from ear to ear, and that M Clunk is gone when shifting through the higher gears. Fantastic!

I'd highly recommend M3 owners getting it done, worth it!

So full inspection II done 72700ks, next stop is oil service at the 77700k mark. Still a while to go :)

Next couple of weeks will have Front Diff position mounts done, Subframe reinforced as currently mint and want to keep it like that! Probably new rotors as a bit of a lip, and then I get to start on goodies! Like Air intakes... Some "go fast bits" and the general look of the car. Will give the bank account some time to recover :/

9d5ed39fccb809494774d202e6bd0c14.jpg

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 2

Gutted we didnt get to see this today. Nice to meet you though. Your little one is like a mini you. My lady was like omg they look the same. Hahah

• Like 1

Gutted we didnt get to see this today. Nice to meet you though. Your little one is like a mini you. My lady was like omg they look the same. Hahah

Gutted I couldn't bring it! She'll be up and running for the Meet on the 22nd and hopefully Bayswater on the 15th!

• Like 2

Gutted I couldn't bring it! She'll be up and running for the Meet on the 22nd and hopefully Bayswater on the 15th!

Awesome :) look forward to seeing her then

My baby is finally back in the driveway <3

It's been a long 4 weeks of serious maintenance work, but well worth it!

This week: New Front diff mounts.. New rear springs (thanks to the idiots before me who cut them!) new drive shaft.. And best off all that reinforced subframe..

All thanks to (guess which team?) Ray and his f**ken awesome bunch of guys. Seemed there were a few expired parts in there..

Better replaced than not! Now to give it a good test drive :)159f81cc9e82ce129f1cf36aff4f0996.jpg

Old springs (how the heck did I not notice??) 63f4575b40fa8d2fcc95898c436081fa.jpg

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 1

Those springs are scarier than a walking dead episode. Glad nothing untoward happened at the drags ! Pervious owner would be up on murder charges.

Great progress on raising the standard of your M3

• Like 1

Those springs are scarier than a walking dead episode. Glad nothing untoward happened at the drags ! Pervious owner would be up on murder charges.

Great progress on raising the standard of your M3

It was a shock to me as well.. None of us even noticed it.

Just glad it's sorted.

And next couple of weeks we are up for a full Valve Cover kit parts replacement and resetting those lifters.

Bliss is when you enjoy spending money on good old maintenance.

When you say 'lifters' are you referring the 'valve adjustment?'

All the yanks seem to go nuts for the 'valve adjustment' - but when I asked people here, they said on the rare occasion they have done the this, there was almost no point as there was pretty much none needed. So I was told, 'don't bother'

All the yanks seem to go nuts for the 'valve adjustment' - but when I asked people here, they said on the rare occasion they have done the this, there was almost no point as there was pretty much none needed. So I was told, 'don't bother'

For me. It's the slight *tick, tick, tick, tick* of them. I understand they are noisy engines, and that my 728i was about 20x louder but I'd love it to sound closer to my Schnitzer where it's a pure purr rather than a tickyness.

Got all the parts ready to go; it's one of those 'why not?' Too.

And mm. Yes I'm going to assume it's the valve lifters. Honestly I only know them as ticky lifters and apart from quick fix additives, just asked Ray to help it out.. What he does in that process I'm not too sure. Will ask next time aha

Surely you would have to replace the valve shims to get the right thickness & return the quieter function

That is what would be causing the tapping. Quite a common normal wear and tear thing.

ah ok - so you have noises.

I understand they are a 'ticky' engine anyway, but good to get it sorted if there is work needed.

Great progress!

Surely you would have to replace the valve shims to get the right thickness & return the quieter function

That is what would be causing the tapping. Quite a common normal wear and tear thing.

Yeah I hear you; but at this stage just a reset and gasket replacement.. I can see Valve shims as an expensive to do task for some reason.....

edit: reset not resent lol

Edited by MISS BM

ah ok - so you have noises. 

I understand they are a 'ticky' engine anyway, but good to get it sorted if there is work needed. 

Great progress!

You could argue and say "no the work actually isn't needed".

Let's blame the pedantic owner and her irritant of pointless sounds. I assume it won't go away 100% but improve them slightly I hope.. Shall see.