Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Agreed. I'm excited. It's a Soarer video tape from Japan.

Absolute gold for an enthusiast like me, extremely hard to find.

Once it arrives I eventually upload the material to youtube for my other Soarer associates to watch - yes copyright issues but this is so niche market no one would care. :P

nerds.jpg

Waits for copy to be uploaded.

I have been enjoying these retro car reviews as of late.

• Like 3

Heh love those motorweek reviews.

The were always done in such a clean informative manner.

Quite a nice showcase for the original LS400. I did forget how soft the suspension on those was having watched the track testing bit! Rolls and pitches like a ship!

Loving Auckland house prices.... blown away at the offers on my property.

Also. Loving being retired for the next few months or so... First time since I was 15 years old that I am unemployed.

Going to the gym at 9am when there are no f**kwit grunters there looking at my pathetic lifts and scoffing.

Kabab place up the road that makes me a chicken Salad every night.

But most off all. I love the freedom of having 0 dept and paying 0 interest for the fist time in 12 years... intact, I am getting paid interest! its crazy.

Have discovered that being rich, is answering to no one and having no dept or other commitments holding your creative ability and freedom back... and the ability to use your time as you see fit.

Choose Life.

Grats mate, but its DEBT not DEPT =)

Once it arrives I eventually upload the material to youtube for my other Soarer associates to watch - yes copyright issues but this is so niche market no one would care. :P

There's more than one of you?!?!

• Like 3

I love how they consider 0-60MPH in anything under 10 seconds fast! Boy cars have come a long way.

Here is one on the BMW's

Grats mate, but its DEBT not DEPT =)

Cheers. I don't have either so that a bonus!! I tell ya. Its liberating to think I can go oversea's for an extended period and if I like somewhere I can just stay there. Awesome.

Will come back next year and get a job as so I can go racing and buy a house again... maybe out of Auckland though! Hope it crashes soon.

• Like 2

Mike if you need a VHS player let me know, i get a dozen or so in weekly.

one in storage probably no good, they are partictulary sensitive to moisture

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 1

for a tape from japan you'll need one with NTSC playback capbility. more common on the later kit. or luck-out with a full multi-system unit.

• Like 1

Yeah that crossed my mind about the NTSC and PAL issue. Might need to buy an NTSC unit!

I've got an old Panasonic NV-G45 that has been inside the tv cabinet for years, still works well just hasn't been plugged in during that "storage"

Beautifu piece of gear made in Japan in the early 90s.

It's a shame how budget VCRs became.

This one appears to be a Aussie / NZ model with PAL.

Yeah that crossed my mind about the NTSC and PAL issue. Might need to buy an NTSC unit!

I've got an old Panasonic NV-G45 that has been inside the tv cabinet for years, still works well just hasn't been plugged in during that "storage"

Beautifu piece of gear made in Japan in the early 90s.

It's a shame how budget VCRs became.

This one appears to be a Aussie / NZ model with PAL.

Does your Soarer not have a VHS player for the rear passengers? Not very well optioned, is it??? ;)

• Like 7

Oh good it seems I have a newer Panasonic "NTSC playback on PAL TV" VCR under the couch. I must test it and see if it works.

All of this just to look at some pre-facelift Lexus SC430???!?

Ewww no, not a SC430 / UZZ30 those are a crashed Audi TT. I loath them!

This VHS would be a Japanese piece on the 1991 2.5 Twin Turbo and 4.0L V8 Limited coupe.

No idea if I've seen it or not with some short internet uploads alreay out there, but I suspect its something I've never come across. Have to see when it arrives. :D

Under 50 km from the Mexican boarder

Drinking beer and enjoying the sun

House prices are crazy here, 100k usd will get you something nice. It is the desert though, hand gun under a pillow on the couch also haha

• Like 5

Mexican boarders are really pushing up rental prices.

• Like 3

I heard some of those houses have hundreds of them coming through each day.

• Like 3

Under 50 km from the Mexican boarder

Drinking beer and enjoying the sun

House prices are crazy here, 100k usd will get you something nice. It is the desert though, hand gun under a pillow on the couch also haha

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just home from dinner at a friends where a couple of modern hippies where taking everyone to task over the cars we choose to drive. Had a small smile on my face when they asked what type of car I drove there. "A BMW V12" was my response and the hippes where none to happy about that and began grilling me about my excessive use of fossil fuel. I placated them by explaining that my other car has a smaller engine and I dont actually drive the V12 that much. "So whats your other car" they asked. And I proudly announced it was a BMW V8 with a huge smile on my face.. ha ha

I got the feeling they thought I was taking the piss out of them. Kinda was. lol I did like the look on their faces when the V8 came out..

Bloody do gooders.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 11

Just home from dinner at a friends where a couple of modern hippies where taking everyone to task over the cars we choose to drive. Had a small smile on my face when they asked what type of car I drove there. "A BMW V12" was my response and the hippes where none to happy about that and began grilling me about my excessive use of fossil fuel. I placated them by explaining that my other car has a smaller engine and I dont actually drive the V12 that much. "So whats your other car" they asked. And I proudly announced it was a BMW V8 with a huge smile on my face.. ha ha

I got the feeling they thought I was taking the piss out of them. Kinda was. lol I did like the look on their faces when the V8 came out..

Bloody do gooders.

^ Such people annoy the sheet out of me to be frank.

An individual such as yourself driving a V12 car or not makes literally no difference in the grand scheme of things.

While China, Russia, India, particularly and America etc are massive producers of various forms of poorly regulated emissions every day on an idustrial scale, this kind of attack on a relatively clean burning modern car is just absurd.

More than anything it's an attack on driving a BMW car because of such imagery associated to that brand.

• Like 1

Bloody do gooders.

You did a burnout when you left though, right???

• Like 6

Planning which cities to visit in Europe, 40 or so days, limited funds, backpacker life haha.

• Like 3

make sure you get to Greece, you will get big bang for your Euro there.

• Like 5

Just home from dinner at a friends where a couple of modern hippies where taking everyone to task over the cars
are they green voters? Ask them what Russel Norman drives lmao (hint: it's not the bus unless he's "campaigning") Edited by HSB
  • Like 2

Bloody do gooders.

Don't worry you are doing good by keeping two old cars running rather than getting rid of them and buying new.

• Like 2

ask them out of the V12 and a Prius which is

1/ is more eco friendly to build,

2/ eco friendly over its life,

3/ and the recycling of it at the end.

They will focus on number 2

• Like 1