Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

E30 340i V8 1990 HBT40

Listed Friday http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=871776619

I'm assuming this would be absent the very helpful 'anti pants shitting' feature also known as Traction Control.

Adjustable's probably don't give as smooth of a ride as BMW shocks either.

Whats the general consensus on value for money here? for another 4K you could have an E39 M5...

• Like 1

A very well built car by SammyJ here on bimmersport. I personally think its a good bang for buck, its a few years old now so seems pretty reliable and has been well looked after since Sam sold it to Atta and now the current owner has kept in it great condition also.

• Like 2

Went for a hoon in this when I was down playing a concert when Atta owned it. Was a good kick in the pants off the lights. Sounds great. Pity the BBS RS' arent with it any more. Its had all the right work done to it. It had some extra work done to the brakes and cooling when Atta owned it, few teething issues but had been sorted.

The Raw Numbers suggest this car has marginally better power to weight than an E39 M5, shorter wheel base must make for some 'interesting' handling characteristics though. Interesting good...

First order of business if I pick it up is to swap out the paltry 17x7.5's for ??x9 on the rear me thinks, wide body kit anyone?

imo widebody would ruin it.

would be better if it still had the original bbs rs' on it

• Like 2

imo widebody would ruin it. 

would be better if it still had the original bbs rs' on it

Wide body will be fine, I'll use a wing like this ti balance it out :P

Posted Image

22k you could (maybe) have mine! Even has anti pants shitting control.

But seriously, quality car.

Wide body will be fine, I'll use a wing like this ti balance it out :P

bmw-3series-e30-eurostop-dtm-wide-body-w

Mmmm... picnic tables on both sides B)

• Like 1

So much cooler than a M5. I'm sure this would bring a grin to your face everytime you open the garage!

Why stop there ... just do this an be done with it .. not sure if street compatible though

Racecar1.jpg

if u wana make bad decisions dont do it with a car that deserves to live. ie, the 340i e30

If I was buying a car for some back road thrashing, I'd probably go with an e46 M3. Big enough to use everyday, fast enough to cause some trouble but still small enough to chuck around.

So much cooler than a M5. I'm sure this would bring a grin to your face everytime you open the garage!

No... But I am biased

I'm not planning on destroying it for a giggle, that's what my Mitsubishi's were for.

If I was buying a car for some back road thrashing, I'd probably go with an e46 M3. Big enough to use everyday, fast enough to cause some trouble but still small enough to chuck around.

No... But I am biased

I have never found the e46 shape appealing... or the e39 for that matter, but at least the latter has an epic engine

I have never found the e46 shape appealing... or the e39 for that matter, but at least the latter has an epic engine

Says the guy that owns an i30 and a transit? :P

• Like 3

Both E30s look amazing but I'd still rather a mint E39 M5. Will be a classic in a few more years, a converted E30 won't, though it would put a massive smile on your dial!

• Like 1