Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

MissBM V.2

So in short,

I can't go wrong with a set of P Zeros regardless of type?

I got the quote the same time I asked for 599 tyres, and was told same type..

Anywho. $1830 incl for a set of 235 and 265 seem like a good deal to me.

Now to justify spending that much on them hahaha

I edited my post above a little regarding asymmetrical/directional which should be a consideration but not essential. But for that sort of coin I'd want to optimise my experience.

In short, all are awesome, yes. Not sure what the 599 uses, they may be Ferrari specific (I know the 599XX tyres are made only for Ferrari but that's a track car). I'd still ask the question so you know what you're expecting.

$1,830 inc seems to be a very, very good deal to me considering the sizes you're looking at.

Thanks Dave for that wealth of information, as I always wondered what the differences were amongst the many pzero tyres.

• Like 1

Yes Ferrari has P Zero. Travelled 18ks on them and 7 years old and still go (fairly) strong. However they need to be changed now, I've said past expiry lol.

Yeah I've asked the team to check which P Zero they are, and they too have said Invos are hit and miss with all their clients. They won't supply unless requested.

They have also suggests Toyo T1 and FK453 for something decently priced.

Lol no worries, went through a similar process myself and learnt a truck load. It's a pity the manufacturers don't surface this info more readily.

However my biggest knowledge breakthrough was understanding the limitations of asymmetrical tyres and the marketing bs that surrounds them. Last time I looked only Pirelli and Goodyear had it right.

Edited by M3AN

They have also suggests Toyo T1 and FK453 for something decently priced.

If they're in the same price bracket as the Pirelli ones then walk on by. Toyo have come a long way in a few years and deserve credit for that but aren't playing with the big boys yet. I'd choose Goodyear or Bridgestone over Toyo at a similar price point.

Edited by M3AN

If they're in the same price bracket as the Pirelli ones then walk on by. Toyo have come a long way in a few years and deserve credit for that but aren't playing with the big boys yet. I'd choose Goodyear or Bridgestone over Toyo at a similar price point.

These were recommendations for a cheaper tyres :)

These were recommendations for a cheaper tyres :)

Right'o. Well unless they're substantially cheaper than GY/BS then I would (personally) ignore them.

I have Toyo T1R on my skyline and they have been great - well priced and perform well in all weathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Toyo T1R on my skyline and they have been great - well priced and perform well in all weathers.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, they've come a long way and I wouldn't be able to rule them out. But at the same price as a massive, established brand I'd struggle to choose them. It's not because I think they're in any way 'bad' (although they used to be nasty).

Yes Ferrari has P Zero. Travelled 18ks on them and 7 years old and still go (fairly) strong. However they need to be changed now, I've said past expiry lol.

Wait, what?

You have a ferrari?

Wait, what?

You have a ferrari?

Yeah. It's the daily. M3 the weekend car.

><

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 2

Wait, what?

You have a ferrari?

Keep up with the bimmersport gossip, search for username MR BM ;)

On the m3 I've had conti sports , yoko 103s, Pss and re11

Re11 have best grip and feel, PSS a close second bar the softer sidewall. PSS has better ride than others mentioned.

If your after a fun tyre that let's go in 2nd / 3rd then try the yokos.

PSS were imported at around $2.2k a set for 235 / 265 combo late last year.

Keep up with the bimmersport gossip, search for username MR BM ;)

Omg, I'm so confused :blink:

Don't worry dude, I have no f'ing idea what's up. Amber doesn't own the 599, perhaps her other half does, idk?

Don't worry dude, I have no f'ing idea what's up. Amber doesn't own the 599, perhaps her other half does, idk?

Haha yeah other half.

But hey. I wouldn't mind owning one lol.

• Like 1

Haha yeah other half.

I missed the inside joke on 'MR BM' so just stumble around looking like a confused fool! :D

Corsa is a high performance tire

Nero is a mid range tire

Sotto is a winter tire

Corsa is a high performance tire

Nero is a mid range tire

Sotto is a winter tire

Yes and no. Not quite specific enough to be accurate I'm afraid.

Ron does!

1b71c21a6db15e0a72ea06162de1c970.jpg

Yup it's certainly overdue for tires...

Having used both the Michelin PSS and the P Zero albeit on different cars, my vote goes to the Michelin.

The PSS is an incredible tire, wet and dry grip is phenomenal. It continues to astound me when the car gets spirited drives the levels of grip it provides. It also gives fantastic feedback when it is on the edge of traction.

The P Zero I have had plenty of seat time in as well, admittedly the cars are very different, both power and purpose, however on the 599 GTO, Ferrari opted for the MPSS as the factory tire option over the P Zero. We will more than likely replace the current P Zeros with a set of MPSS, and I look forward to it because I believe the car will perform a lot better.

From what I've read, the MPSS lasts longer as well, always a benefit when you're investing that much coin into a tire.

Edited by MR BM

Posted ImageYup it's certainly overdue for tires...Having used both the Michelin PSS and the P Zero albeit on different cars, my vote goes to the Michelin. The PSS is an incredible tire, wet and dry grip is phenomenal. It continues to astound me when the car gets spirited drives the levels of grip it provides. It also gives fantastic feedback when it is on the edge of traction.The P Zero I have had plenty of seat time in as well, admittedly the cars are very different, both power and purpose, however on the 599 GTO, Ferrari opted for the MPSS as the factory tire option over the P Zero. We will more than likely replace the current P Zeros with a set of MPSS, and I look forward to it because I believe the car will perform a lot better.From what I've read, the MPSS lasts longer as well, always a benefit when you're investing that much coin into a tire.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seriously need to change your name agh.

• Like 1

You seriously need to change your name agh.

Wait til I get the number plate

• Like 4