Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

MissBM V.2

Mmm weekend project <3

Finally they arrived!

ddffa0cecf1f70907e0f8bcbf1e8a53d.jpg

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 2

in respect to wheels have you looked at the HRE range?

They are on the higher end of the market but the classics range is to die for http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/forged

example of classic 300 in black

https://www.instagram.com/p/-QJk5Bv0gf/?taken-by=hre_wheels

Edited by hunter

If you want the step look you will have to go 18" faces. They will be standard with a flat reverse lip.

Running an 8.5 in the front is very narrow, I ran 9.5 +20 all round on a plain e46 and front sat just inside lip. Would def be thinking of sizes closer to 9.5 and 10.5 run a higher offset and get more dish.

Spend some time on e46 fanatics and stanceworks, will give you an idea of ideal offsets to run for that perfect figment/look

in respect to wheels have you looked at the HRE range?

They are on the higher end of the market but the classics range is to die for http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/forged

example of classic 300 in black 

https://www.instagram.com/p/-QJk5Bv0gf/?taken-by=hre_wheels  

Unfortunately I'm not THAT bold to put the cars worth of it in wheels hahah. Love the wheels though.

If you want the step look you will have to go 18" faces. They will be standard with a flat reverse lip.

Running an 8.5 in the front is very narrow, I ran 9.5 +20 all round on a plain e46 and front sat just inside lip. Would def be thinking of sizes closer to 9.5 and 10.5 run a higher offset and get more dish.

Spend some time on e46 fanatics and stanceworks, will give you an idea of ideal offsets to run for that perfect figment/look

Stock is 8, so running a lower offset with an 8.5 would give it most likely an ideal non rubbing situation. I'll have a look today.

I'm not after 'stanced to the max' look. I need it to be able to boogie when it needs too and don't want to touch my guards or lose my handling too much in the process.

+25 on the rear for 10 seems good. 22/11s is getting up with aggressive as and body prep needed.

• Like 1

Yes please don't 'stance' it and ruin the handling, I cringe seeing a nice sports car that's had it's handling ruined because someone was too obsessed with making it look 'sick' :(

BMWs are all about the handling!

• Like 2

Silver++.

I'm on the same boat looking for wheels. I too considered VSXX and Meisters. Then I backed off - going with a more conservative track oriented setup. They'd look awesome, but you'd need to 'stance it' to really pull it off IMO. You could pull it off and prove me wrong.

This was my reference setup. Looks perfect to me but it is very aggressive and requires stretching and body work - not for me.

post-5741-0-08396700-1448061812.jpg

post-5741-0-44719100-1448062091.jpg

Edited by Ron K
  • Like 3

e46 m3 front and rear suspension geometry is setup for a staggered setup ideally.

• Like 2

e46 m3 front and rear suspension geometry is setup for a staggered setup ideally. 

Yesss.

Will be doing staggered.

• Like 2

Found another topaz *claps*

With VSXX *claps again*

Eggcelent.

Offset slighter higher up front, lower on rear, but same sizing I was looking at going for. 8.5 and 10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

needs bigger dish imo

On front only.

Liking the rear.

Might add, this set up is BBK friendly - unlike most VSXX that are aggressive and can't fit much in.

if i do end up bringing my E38 up you should try the staggered 20s on it on your car

they are exactly the style you just posted. would give you a really close idea what it would look like.

although 20s on an E46 would be too big the centers are 18" with step up lips to 20"

• Like 1

agreed, you should be able to pull a litte bit more dish in the front, also those tire sizes are wrong in the front, you can see the front wheel profile is larger than the front because they use a 245. should be a 235/35 for the front. This is mine on non m offsets.

10zsjeu.jpg

• Like 3

agreed, you should be able to pull a litte bit more dish in the front, also those tire sizes are wrong in the front, you can see the front wheel profile is larger than the front because they use a 245. should be a 235/35 for the front. This is mine on non m offsets.

Posted Image

I was planning on something near 35 for the front.. Unless move it up to 9" with 40? OEM is 41 on 8 and it seeps into the car way to much for my liking.

I've emailed Harvey with what I'm after so hoping he'll be the expert on this :)

• Like 1

So I think I've settled.. And about to order.

Matte Silver Center, Polished Dish. Bolts to match.

19x9 38F

19x10 23R

8-12 weeks expected time. They say good things take time!

79469d4270cb713ddda62866235eee39.jpgb3e7f7d8ed62e8901fb033d7893a7b6b.jpg

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 3

how much is that gonna cost....?

i kind of want to say that the centres would look good if it was a darker colour like grey

how much is that gonna cost....?

i kind of want to say that the centres would look good if it was a darker colour like grey

Other option in Gunmetal but not a favourite for me on Topaz cars sadly.

I've seen one other topaz with similar (he went gloss silver I think) and it looked the best.

Posted Image

• Like 1

okay. i have made up my mind. white centres with polished lips!

*oh wait. its not my car.... do'h

edit:

actually i changed my mind again, silver looks amazing

2740862182_ce434575c7_b.jpg

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 1

Lol that is still a gunmetal type silver...

Haha yeah. When did my car become yours guys car :P

Edit: to Dion above lol

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 1

Looking awesome Amber, great choice. now the waiting ..........