Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

MissBM V.2

I would usually say clear but the yellow on blue does look quite striking and a change from the cookie cutter E46

Don't see the appeal of orange flashers... I'm often unsure of why there's even a debate, what aesthetic improvement do amber indicators provide?

I like the ambers on the Blue / black combo. They add a nice touch of contrast. the clears look a little flat. especially if your going carbon /matte black on other details. Or go for clears with amber bulbs maybe

Edited by hunter

I tend to have a theme across all the cars I decide to change up from stock (see below only 4 I've bothered with) and I always end up with a blacked out looked.. Until the Schnitzer, she's a special chrome blue combo going..

And so this M3 will most likely follow the black/blue trend as did my other m3 with black/black so I feel the yellow ambers could throw it off.

I'll get my wheels, and then go from there.. Wheels will most likely be black at this stage as you all probably figured, it's the fav..

I was fortunate that a lovely person saw this thread and gave me the amber front and rears to use for free (thank you to that person!) great Bimmersport family.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You've certainly moved up the BMW ladder quickly. I thought BMW's were a rich mans game

We can do the Work VSXX for a lot less than 4K.

post-1676-0-20873300-1447970666.jpg

Edited by harvgray

We can do the Work VSXX for a lot less than 4K.

You're my new hero. I'll flick you email instead of a message when I get the chance.

• Like 1

You've certainly moved up the BMW ladder quickly. I thought BMW's were a rich mans game

This M3 is number 10 since I got my license a few years back.

Great cars!

10 cars in 3 years! Wow...

I've had my license for 6 years... Lol

Anyways...

Unsure on colour.

Silver or black.. So hard. I'm liking black but like that you can see the detail of silver.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I hate to say it but I'm liking the black. Blue hardware would look good too.

Silver are nice. Keeps the car looking fresh and clean

Black is a dated trend IMO, if anything looks like you have lots of brake dust.

• Like 6

Agree with Michael and Dion. Silver Rims and the Calipers blue would look very nice.

The silver wheels stand out more where as the black sort of fades into the car. No detail as you said.

• Like 5

+1 silver. Black only makes me think someone got bored with a can of plastidip.

• Like 2

Shadow chrome finish for that colour would look stunning, still keep in with your darker theme with out looking ghetto. 19x8.5 front 19x10 rears ... any bigger and it starts to go backwards on the performance stakes.

work vs-xx are a great choice of wheel, and the barrels are very stable when you hit a pot hole by mistake, keep the tires inflated to 38-42 psi and it will keep you from damaging them when you do hit something, unfortunately I say when because it doesn't matter how good you are, it does happen eventually. Also you get the nice protruding 'ring' of the lip of the tire which is key to making the car look awesome. It is an anodised coating over flow formed barrels, if you curb them, the only way to fix it is to use a very sharp cutting bit which keeps it close to the same shine. Again offset is everything, so do you research so you dont have fall back on spacers. When you order your wheel you get to choose exactly what offset you want which is awesome. Its less off the shelf and will give the car the unique look.

Get some decent lock bolts for security ... unfortunitly the car will attract a lot of attention with nice dished wheels on it. Had my 19 inch Work Rezax IIs on my e46 on for 4 years and it became hard to park with always having to keep security in mind. Going the movies was even a pain. So just something to think about.

• Like 2

Amber wheels

Amber indicators

Blue car

Clock internet

• Like 3

Weow thanks everyone.

Yes lock nuts.. On every bolt? :ph34r:

I will be looking at 19x8.5 and 19x10.

OEM is F41 and R27 so will drop it down to F35 and R25 for a pleasant but not too aggressive look (any wheel expert suggestions??). Not sure on weather to get a step or not within the barrell.. I spent most of my free time today comparing what looks good vs what doesn't.

I'll email Harvey with the specs and get prices for what I'm after.

At the end of the day, If I don't like the silver, I can always get a can of dip and do it that way.
Silver is just very standard. I had this image in my head of Black with blue bolts - something very different.

Tonight is a time of google.

• Like 1

What have you done to the ride height of the car?

What have you done to the ride height of the car?

Waiting on springs to drop it in the next few weeks.

• Like 1