E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Not sure why it’s on 14” weaves, only the first few months of Tech 1 were on 14s then it was 15s from then on. Also if it was auto converted to manual then looks like it is not an M325i / Sport / iS.

That and the fact it’s a LHD would put the price at well below the asking for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gjm said:

Aye.
It'd need a lot of paint and interior for a $25k uplift, but I appreciate it's a 'try price' as much as anything else.

Especially being a manual swapped LHD when a gorgeous and overhauled bona fide M325i is currenrlt for sale at $43k

53 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Not sure why it’s on 14” weaves, only the first few months of Tech 1 were on 14s then it was 15s from then on. Also if it was auto converted to manual then looks like it is not an M325i / Sport / iS.

That and the fact it’s a LHD would put the price at well below the asking for me.

Japanese spec came on 14s and automatic. He didn't like my comments stating there was more than one LHD mtech2 and that this was converted so he pulled the ad. 

E:actually think he blocked me

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gjm said:

I saw this. Was it another "reluctant sale" change-of-plans listing?

He's a dealer

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3922595588

On trademe now but interestingly no questions available. 

Saving grace is that he doesn't hide that he's a dealer - the Facebook listings are from a personal account.
Could be concerned that those who know will ask how the significant hike in price is justified.

To be fair, he has spent no doubt some decent money on paint and panel, interior retrim to bring it up to a decent standard. Probably worth high 30s early 40s seeing as it's a converted auto but yet still a genuine mtech2. He just needs to be careful around his marketing 

41 minutes ago, Sammo said:

It’s 100% re registered too

85D88CFE-08C9-4F26-8C10-2670525A9B02.jpeg

C6E03CC3-5221-40A0-9F31-E5049C9A1198.jpeg

Its not re registered at all. The registration is continuous,  with new plates issued on 22 November.

Edited by Bandit
sp
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Its not re registered at all. The registration is continuous,  with new plates issued on 22 November.

You're absolutely right 😶

Good to hear that some decent work was put into it and not a straight flip. Fair play to them on that front. Don't know if that justifies the asking price being what it is but meh.

image.png.78d8366f2e950c0eaca0504e83046de6.png

Interesting that they seem to market it being LHD as sort of a selling point? Is that a thing? Personally would have thought that it acts more to its detriment so don't really get it.

• Like 2

The only benefit would be that it's easier to fit an E30 M3 quick rack, there's more room for headers, and there's no massive brake linkage under the dashboard. 

I personally don't mind left hook in older cars at all, plenty of glass house to see what's going on around oneself. Maybe the complainers just eat a lot more drive-thru than me.

Dumb question - if they had the car repainted why did it need a full paint correction?

17 minutes ago, MD13 said:

Dumb question - if they had the car repainted why did it need a full paint correction?

Wondered about that too. The paintwork has hardly had time to cure, let alone needing a correction already. 

It looks a nice enough car , but there are more E30's for sale than there are buyers, same with the E36 M3 (7), E46 M3 (12), and the E92 M3 (34). Looks like a reset in the market, the post covid euphoria that gave a lift (to real estate, cars and everything else) has worn off, and reality is setting in.

Welcome to the new world in 2023. :)

Edited by Bandit
sp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MD13 said:

Might have been orange peel out of the gun that required wet sanding? 

I'd be wanting pictures of the kit completely off the car from anyone advertising an mt2 with a full respray.

2 hours ago, Bandit said:

Wondered about that too. The paintwork has hardly had time to cure, let alone needing a correction already. 

It looks a nice enough car , but there are more E30's for sale than there are buyers, same with the E36 M3 (7), E46 M3 (12), and the E92 M3 (34). Looks like a reset in the market, the post covid euphoria that gave a lift (to real estate, cars and everything else) has worn off, and reality is setting in.

Welcome to the new world in 2023. :)

🤔 I wonder if I can pick up a ratty E46 M3 for a daily...

• Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 8:30 PM, Neil McCauley said:

I'd be wanting pictures of the kit completely off the car from anyone advertising an mt2 with a full respray.

Seeing such a picture could go some way to explaining why the body kit looks a different colour to the rest of the car.

2 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Seeing such a picture could go some way to explaining why the body kit looks a different colour to the rest of the car.

...Because it IS a different colour, that's how the Japanese M-Technic 320i / 325i's came. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the Japanese sale brochures never mentioned colour, but given a keen eye, I believe the colour combos are:

Delphin grey body / Vulcan grey kit

Lazur blue body / Atlantis blue kit

Lachs sliver body / Vulcan grey kit

Diamond black body / Vulcan grey kit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 8:30 PM, Neil McCauley said:

Might have been orange peel out of the gun that required wet sanding? 

You’re making me nervous about when my kit comes off for rust / paint next year!

• Haha 1

What's a 325i Touring worth now? A friend has one for sale but it is overseas... RHD, ~165000km (indicated - we all know about E30 odometers), good condition all round, 15" BBS rims, lots and lots of history.

My earlier thoughts re E46 M3s for a daily aren't likely to happen given they are (justifiably) expensive. But an E30 Touring would work, and might not cost quite so much.

• Like 1

E30 touring values typically match m325 prices

• Like 1

I hope everyone and their E30s are safe in Auckland. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think a couple of Auckland E30 owners took advantage of the situation to do a few skids… @Sammo 

Fingers crossed it didn’t end badly for any, there was certainly a lot of crazy sh*t going down here last night!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I think a couple of Auckland E30 owners took advantage of the situation to do a few skids… @Sammo 

Fingers crossed it didn’t end badly for any, there was certainly a lot of crazy sh*t going down here last night!

Don't worry, she was safe and sound by the time it got gnarly! 

91F4E3C9-0520-4218-AC69-EE718A06530E.jpeg

910948BD-0BB7-430E-9BD9-7FC7C4300103.jpeg

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 5