E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

6 hours ago, sammaw said:

a really long time member, i havent been on bimmersport for about 14 years but my account still works. So I have an e30 which i parked in a garage about 14 years ago, nothing special coupe manual 320i. Thinking about doing a restoration on it. new paint etc. Assuming sum of parts is more then it is worth, but so i dont go crazy on it, what would a restored to a mid level e30 320i coupe manual sell for? 

$15k

Can't see it being remotely profitable unless you're a panel beater TBH.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sammo said:

$15k

Can't see it being remotely profitable unless you're a panel beater TBH.

Depends what it owes him, $5 or $6k of paint work can still make a car look pretty good. A 320i 14 years ago was probably $2500. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark247 said:

Depends what it owes him, $5 or $6k of paint work can still make a car look pretty good. A 320i 14 years ago was probably $2500. 

If it’s been sat in a shed for 15 years without moving or being started then a lot of $$$ would be needed to bring everything back up to scratch - all rubbers, etc. before you even start to think about panel and paint.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback. yeah it doesnt owe me anything, i ve had it for nearly 25years. but if its value was around 15k painted, running and wof and reg then i think it is nearly worth it.  looking at parts on trademe it seems they are alot cheaper then porsche parts, or cheaper then they use to be. I dont really want to modified this one as i have an e30m3 and some other go fast cars, and i just enjoyed the way it drove. No doubt it is a lot slower then i remember

So if I budgeted 10k for paint, 5k for mechanical (suspension, plugs, filters etc) I am probably about even.  looks like secondhand running engines around about 4k. 

6 hours ago, sammaw said:

thanks for the feedback. yeah it doesnt owe me anything, i ve had it for nearly 25years. but if its value was around 15k painted, running and wof and reg then i think it is nearly worth it.  looking at parts on trademe it seems they are alot cheaper then porsche parts, or cheaper then they use to be. I dont really want to modified this one as i have an e30m3 and some other go fast cars, and i just enjoyed the way it drove. No doubt it is a lot slower then i remember

So if I budgeted 10k for paint, 5k for mechanical (suspension, plugs, filters etc) I am probably about even.  looks like secondhand running engines around about 4k. 

Don't be afraid to buy off ebay either. I have bought a heap of stuff from Latvia and Lithuania and its all been good aftermarket, or genuine parts, and good prices with shipping.

• Like 3

Whats a tech2 coupe worth in todays market?

Moving abroad, regrettable sale

Would be great to see it go to fellow member!

355346754_10159724628629639_4904711879045183403_n.jpg

• Like 2

Looks nice, always get good prices for Tech II coupes.

Is it a genuine M325i and manual?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Looks nice, always get good prices for Tech II coupes.

Is it a genuine M325i and manual?

Yes factory G260 manual. The original chassis had structural rust. It was re shelled by previous owner for a rust free chassis. 

Car has all the original M325i sports features. 

• Like 2

1990 BMW 316i just came up. Looks tidy, painted bumper trim looks a bit odd, but surely a manual facelift coupe in that condition will sell at that price. No sunroof is a bonus.

• Like 3

yep the manual 316i FL is the lightest spec e30, less sound deadening, no electric seats, no sunroof so lower c of g and best of all no rusty sunroof leaking! they are the bomb.  give everything on your 33 year old nana car a birthday, rubbers bushes QUALITY tyres fuel lines cooling system shocks fluidsbrakes... wof rego insurance, and go and enjoy the pure spirit of driving an analogue manual car.  teach yourself to drive in the wet without losing the tail, learn cadence braking, learn to heel-and-toe double de-clutch.  more fun than your first shag and longer lasting too! 😂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just noticed this '90 325i conv. auto on the Munich Legends site for NZ$70k equiv !! They're known for high asking prices but the stock is usually good quality.  Mileage isn't low for a top-money collectable.  Is this a wider UK price trend for good E30s ?  Maybe I'll head out to the shed and give mine a polish 😊

https://munichlegends.co.uk/item/bmw-e30-325i-convertible-73340/

Edited by Revocet
  • Like 2

Just seen a 1990 318i auto 4-door being advertised locally to me. Some paint peel, no WoF, but does have live rego (currently on exemption). Seller advises it "drives but will need a good going over."

Asking price of $3750 almost seems reasonable - I've seen rolling shells advertised for more.

• Like 1

Theres been four rolling sedans for sale the past 24hours, is there something going on we dont know about?!

• Like 2

https://auctions.webbs.co.nz/m/lot-details/index/catalog/605/lot/160948/1998-BMW-M3-Sport-Evolution?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F605

$320K for arguably the worst spec of the 4 possible Sport Evo combinations. Makes me wish I'd pulled the trigger on a Black/Cloth SE for $50K in 2002…

Edited by Neil McCauley
  • Like 1

Parts pricing continues to amaze me as well, if you would like some dashboard with your cracks…

IMG_0070.jpeg

• Haha 1

You have to be desperate to go to all the effort of removing the dash to replace it with that garbage.

• Like 1

May as well ask here, does anyone recall the name of the serial E30 owner around Cambridge way? Username Beemwr or similar? He's got something E30 related I'd quite like to get my hands on.

Halcome is a hell of a long way from Cambridge though, is that the right fella? Lots of usernames similar to Beemer, etc.

• Haha 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4286829678

Possibly the nicest one I've seen since that Red $64K one in the height of the frenzy?

$57k would be a push for a modified UK import however.

Looks great but not much info on the listing and always hard to tell with pics.

Granitssilver is great and very rare.

2064429509.jpg

Edited by Sammo

34 minutes ago, Sammo said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4286829678

Possibly the nicest one I've seen since that Red $64K one in the height of the frenzy?

$57k would be a push for a modified UK import however.

Looks great but not much info on the listing and always hard to tell with pics.

Granitssilver is great and very rare.

Very pretty.

Very high price.

(And - for me! - the rims are too big, for this money I'd definitely be looking for the real thing and not replicas, and the stretched tyres... 🤢 )

• Like 5

That’s my e30, price was hard to indicate. But I think I will stick to 57 and see what happens. info on the car, I will update the listing at some point. Suggestions would be lovely

and I do not disagree about the wheels

• Like 3