E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

On 5/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, Southerner said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3082704918

This one has valuations of $15k, be interesting to see its final sell value

This is a sister car to mine, only ~50 units younger than mine on the VIN.  Looks tidy, and is an excellent project base, lightest-weight e30 shell (slicktop poverty spec).  

Nah, just trying to find where the reserve is set, without “accidentally” ending up owning it!

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Nah, just trying to find where the reserve is set, without “accidentally” ending up owning it!

Accidentally owning an e30 can be almost impossible nowadays

• Haha 1

@E30 325i Rag-Top Not too sure if you’ve viewed the e30 you had a bidding party with but I viewed it yesterday. While one of them looks alright, not too sure if the other rust spot should be of concern (2nd photo). Wonder how much it’d cost to repair.

Engine also didn’t turn over first time around even though it was already warm (Ross said it hasn’t happened before even when left for a few weeks), and generally takes a bit more time to start - may just be the engine showing its age.

9E2073DA-C9FB-4B08-817C-97CEB101FE53.jpeg

E3256D6B-FCA2-4ACA-8D50-B5DB088E6A4C.jpeg

Edited by Ghost Chip
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Engine also didn’t turn over first time around even though it was already warm (Ross said it hasn’t happened before even when left for a few weeks), and generally takes a bit more time to start - may just be the engine showing its age.

showing a lack of maintenance.  showing it's age is a result of following the standard kiwi maintenance plan (do f*ck-all, then pass it off as 'old').

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Olaf said:

showing a lack of maintenance.  showing it's age is a result of following the standard kiwi maintenance plan (do f*ck-all, then pass it off as 'old').

Err that's "Patina" Olaf. Buzzword of the 21st century😉

Edited by Bandit