E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

11 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Seriously having you on!   :)  the photos of mine make it look a great example, has a few unseen little dints and signs of being  a 31 year old car now that I have crawled around it more.  And am working my way through a few blown interior bulbs, but wow I know what you mean about Ardo’s, seriously looks mint

Of course they do, they get driven outside so will have the odd stone chip or so chucked at it. I didn’t mention anything about Ardo’s?

On 5/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sammo said:

So red M325i Mtech 2 was $64K

Black M325i Mtech 2 was $52k

Silver M325i Mtech 1 was $40k

Add this to the list for $36K(?) But buy now was hit inside 6hrs...

1497265292.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Add this to the list for $36K(?) But buy now was hit inside 6hrs...

1497265292.jpg

Drool! Where was that listed? 

16 hours ago, E28E30 said:

Drool! Where was that listed? 

15 hours ago, Sammo said:

@leichtbau Where was the white Tech 2 listed? looks tasty

Was on trademe, and prior to that, trademe and the E30 FB Classifieds 18 months ago for $40K. Been through a couple of owners since a friend did a full rebuild @313km. $15K spent on the motor alone, over $45K was spent from top to tail, new leather, new seat foam, custom hidden bluetooth stereo with sub box along with period correct headunit, full koni suspension + bushing refresh, new steering rack etc etc.

Was probably put to market about a year too soon initially, and the buy now later was far far far too cheap. It's level above the $64K red one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Was on trademe, and prior to that, trademe and the E30 FB Classifieds 18 months ago for $40K. Been through a couple of owners since a friend did a full rebuild @313km. $15K spent on the motor alone, over $45K was spent from top to tail, new leather, new seat foam, custom hidden bluetooth stereo with sub box along with period correct headunit, full koni suspension + bushing refresh, new steering rack etc etc.

Was probably put to market about a year too soon initially, and the buy now later was far far far too cheap. It's level above the $64K red one.

Thanks Harm, never saw it on TradeMe and refresh that all day haha

2 hours ago, E28E30 said:

Thanks Harm, never saw it on TradeMe and refresh that all day haha

Same 😂 did not even see it, maybe it was listed and went while I was at work.

3 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Nice, think I remember seeing it a year ago on TM - in hindsight, a bargain!

On 3/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Bandit said:

The white M325i Tech II started at $32500 correct, with a buy now of $36000. Which was quickly pressed and the car on the way to a new home by 12.38pm, just four hours after listing.

@Ghost Chip @E28E30

I saw the actual receipts but the seller gave a rough rundown...

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 17.54.00.png

Edited by leichtbau
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

@Ghost Chip @E28E30

Wow that’s awesome thank you Harm.

Something must’ve been wrong with my TradeMe search as definitely looked at least 4 times that morning.  It would only have made me sad anyway as sunk way deep into the sedan I bought.

But wow it looks awesome in white

18 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

@Ghost Chip @E28E30

One of the few that’s actually worth more than what it’s asking. No wonder it sold quite quickly

• Like 1

My insurance is up for renewal soon, what do you guys think mine is worth ??

325i Convertible.
Facelift which is very rare for a cabby.
Kiwi New 
Im the third owner other than BMW dealers.
125,000km
Calypsorot Metallic - never been repainted or damaged
Manual conversion using Getrag 260
Perfect dash.
Tartain sport interior F&R, 
M Tech2 Steering wheel, 370mm type.
Map light mirror retrofitted (not available on cabby from new)
Tech1 Spoiler
Garaged entire life.

Only non-OE mods are the wheels and eibach springs, though the originals are still here, as well as the original sport auto and all the bits that go with it.

*Edit: also has a "RyanG" lip/splitter fitted under the SE lip. and has a Clarion period correct headunit, with a small under seat all in one subwoofer. all of this edit i completed, in such a way all can be removed without a trace.

New Roof March 2021
Minor pinhole paintless dent repairs completed shortly thereafter after.
All new ignition system in 2018
Oil changes yearly, only year missing is 2019 as i was in Canada at the time and car was layed up.
Sales brochures and original purchase reciept, as well as all maintenance receipets from new, incl fuel receipts from the second owner.

Never been crashed and never had any rust repairs, ever! there would be evidence of it, or at least a reciept to go with the rest of the history, if there was.

IMG_3866.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

• Like 2

Tidy car! Not too sure what verts are going for to be honest so wouldn’t have a clue!

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
No need to quote previous post

@_ethrty-Andy_ for the marginal if any cost in premium go for $30k. You won’t be able to replace it easily anyway but having more money in your hand if the worst happened might help you feel better?  Who do you insure with and who did the pin dent paintless dent repairs out of interest?

Calypso Red is suuch a nice colour on an E30 :)

Edited by E28E30
  • Like 1

I think the main clue with @_ethrty-Andy_'s vert is 125k kms, never had paint, all original - or with parts to put it back to all original.  This in contrast to cars with moon-and-back distances.  It's around collector quality, and is likely the best in NZ.  

In my opinion, as a good tidy SE 4 dr is now at ~$30k, how can a primo cabrio be worth less?  Of course, anything's only what someone's prepared to pay.  How much to replace?  I'd be expecting a valuation of circa $35k on this car.  

For someone who must have a cabrio, and wants the best, the one (linked above) on FB marketplace is not going to cut it.  There are a few particularly tidy examples around, but they're not for sale.  If you were that person, and this car was presented at $39,780k ($10-25k below a *good* M325i coupe), would you hesitate?

• Like 2

Manual conversion using Getrag 260

Not my definition of all original.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Found this on fb, is it me or is that the engine ticking? 

M20: “Let me sing you the song of my people.”

They all do that to varying degrees, but that definitely needs a valve adjustment at minimum. 0.10” on the feeler gauge is correct but they get slightly quieter at 0.08” at the expense of some power. Could also be injectors, which can get super clicky.

worst case - it needs new valve guides. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

I think the main clue with @_ethrty-Andy_'s vert is 125k kms, never had paint, all original - or with parts to put it back to all original.  This in contrast to cars with moon-and-back distances.  It's around collector quality, and is likely the best in NZ.  

8 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Manual conversion using Getrag 260

Not my definition of all original.

You want original, reinstall the parts that he's carefully stored in the shed.  You want to enjoy the manual experience, leave it as it is.   What next: "it's not the original top" ? 😊

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Worth noting the Mt2 kit. 

Noting good;  noting bad?  I think I recall that the convertibles had a delay in applying the LCI, or at least tail lights wise, is that right?  So is this essentially a pre-LCI or?

29 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

M20: “Let me sing you the song of my people.”

They all do that to varying degrees, but that definitely needs a valve adjustment at minimum. 0.10” on the feeler gauge is correct but they get slightly quieter at 0.08” at the expense of some power. Could also be injectors, which can get super clicky.

worst case - it needs new valve guides. 

Ours doesn't. :D
Took a bit of work, but she's like a sewing machine now.

• Like 2