E30stz

Quick Questions

Does anyone have any spare long torx bellhousing bolts? I need the 2 that go through the holes on either side of the gearbox that have the locating spigot, preferably tonight or tomorrow.

Width is m10, and I need something about 85mm long. The 76mm ones I have do not go far enough through the thicker G260 bellhousing. Thanks

Does anyone have any spare long torx bellhousing bolts? I need the 2 that go through the holes on either side of the gearbox that have the locating spigot, preferably tonight or tomorrow.

Width is m10, and I need something about 85mm long. The 76mm ones I have do not go far enough through the thicker G260 bellhousing. Thanks

should have in my boxes and buckets full of bolts

Obviously cant get them to you that quick, but if you get stuck let me know. tidied the shed today so i know i have some, will check lengths if it comes to that

Hi does any one have an idea what alternator would be in a 95 E36 318i M43B18.Looking for a voltage regulator for it with decent brushes would check my self but the cars not accessible at the moment.Can any of you pro's help thanks

Hi does any one have an idea what alternator would be in a 95 E36 318i M43B18.Looking for a voltage regulator for it with decent brushes would check my self but the cars not accessible at the moment.Can any of you pro's help thanks

Too many variables. You would need alternator make (Valeo, Bosch), part number and amp output to get correct part you want. Thats if the parts are available.

Too many variables. You would need alternator make (Valeo, Bosch), part number and amp output to get correct part you want. Thats if the parts are available.

Thanks Glenn will just have to wait till next week and get it out of the car and find out what type and part numbers/amp output is etc.Just hope you N.Z guys have a regulator for it as buying a total second hand unit(gamble) over here is a rip off.And most auto sparky's charge a arm for a rebuild and don't want to just replace the brushes.

E39 central locking... I tried Google but didn't get a definate answer!

Should I be able to lock/unlock my entire E39 525i (facelift) from the boot lock???

I can't, and I want to!

Dads E30 does it. Is it able to be coded or something???

I can unlock but not lock my E34 from the boot.

Right is Unlock car, Left unlocks the hatch. Usually you'd open it with the button in the middle.

Hi Guys,

Quick question, Glenn you might be best for this one, you told me once to use the sealant for the sumps. And it is great no leaks. Can i use that for the rocker cover as well? or is the standard gasket the only way to go?

And a general question, the key barrel in my steering column was damaged and now it is totally not working. Can these be fixed?

Regards,

Adam

Dont use sealant on the rocker cover. Use a new gasket and new 1/2 moon seals. Make sure all surfaces are really clean.

Check with your local Automotive Locksmith. You might have to get a second hand one and get it recoded to your existing key

Edited by *Glenn*

Dont use sealant on the rocker cover. Use a new gasket and new 1/2 moon seals. Make sure all surfaces are really clean.

Check with your local Automotive Locksmith. You might have to get a second hand one and get it recoded to your existing key

Cheers Glenn.

QQ, are E34 and E30 outer headlights (smileys) the same part? obviously bracket is different, but the one on my e30 flops about like a cock in a sock, would probably fail its warrent when it goes for it. I only have E34 spares in the shed, dont want to pull it apart to find out they are different if they are!

cheers

Anyone know what size the torx bolts on a e36 guard are?

Do you mean what size tor bit you need? if so t30

I thought as much but I just rounded one of them and don't wanna screw them all up by using the wrong one.

Quick question - what size allen key fits the two bolts holding the front bumper on an e30?

A question on Oil Filters.

I have just changed the oil filter on my M10 and the old filter is much taller than the new one the dealer sold me to replace it. The new one is on all good and well but will it cause any problems?

The old one is labeled as an M20 Oil Filter on my old service sheet and the new one I have is labeled as an M10 Oil Filter from the dealer parts sheet.

A question on Oil Filters.

I have just changed the oil filter on my M10 and the old filter is much taller than the new one the dealer sold me to replace it. The new one is on all good and well but will it cause any problems?

The old one is labeled as an M20 Oil Filter on my old service sheet and the new one I have is labeled as an M10 Oil Filter from the dealer parts sheet.

You can use either

For those with boot maounted batteries in a E36 (should be nigh on everyone) Is there a circuit breaker or fuse to protect from short circuit?

If so what is it rated at?

If not does anyone know the peak current drawn (assume this at starting) for a m42 engined car?

I intend to boot mount my battery but want to ensure its protected in some way.

Hi Guys,

E30 M10 engine throttle body is shown below. Anyone know where the hose that is circled in red is meant to attach to?

post-6628-1332902523.jpg

Many Thanks,

Andrew

E30 Sump Plug

Best place to get it? (MillAnd?)

Approx cost?

Just if anyone happens to know :D

Edit: And washer ;)

Edited by huff3r

E30 Sump Plug

Best place to get it? (MillAnd?)

Approx cost?

Just if anyone happens to know :D

Edit: And washer ;)

About $10 from your local dealer

Just a few quick question been thinking about maybe converting my auto E36 M43 to a 5speed Manual.The thing is does it matter what 5speed gearbox i use like long as it was fitted to the same model E36 and engine? or?The other thing is i was going to convert the engine a bit further down the track to a 6 cylinder would the gearbox adapt to the 6 cylinder engine.Also any recommendations in better options such as what gearbox/clutch etc to use would be really appreciated.

Thanks Jaz