Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

The whole photo shoot on speed hunters is by the former editor of ithe somewhat dubiously titled magazine called "New Zealand Performance car" Should really be labelled JDM, Drift and 323 mag. It's been quite boring for over a decade now and this is from someone that use to own 13b powered Mazdas.

Next time you show your cars rig in a dummy 250 mm turbo as a p1ss take and wack 5 degrees plus of chamber on every corner.

I picked up the Jan and Feb copy of NZPC and emailed and asked where the Modern Performance/Euros were.

They said to purchase the Classic Car mag. Uh.. Righto.

I guess their markets points to the generation of Turbos and drifters.

However the Editor just picked up a clean as f**k E46 M3 for his Mrs.. So maybe it will convert him. Slightly. Hopefully. Maybe.

Didn't even know about speed hunters until it was popped on here.

Haha. I should cut my springs while I'm at it ;)

Speedhunters often features euros, including some batshit crazy builds from the likes of Norway.

From everything ive heard about the 4NR show it was a badly organised collection of average as cars with a smattering of outstanding cars hidden away.

MISSBM is lurking in the background of a couple of shots from Pedey on Speedhunters.........you've gone global!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/01/how-to-kiwi-the-4-rotary-nationals-2015/

afaik Pedey writes etc for both NZPC and Speed hunters so thats why.

More track days and less show and shine - that stuffs boring.

I hurd dat

Go to the Playday on track days :)

Track day sorted for those who actually want to pay to play.

As a club, I would never fork out a few thousand for a track where we might not get enough people to pay the cost of hiring it out.

I have my own cars to pay for sadly. Maybe if I was a millionaire with a bit of spare cash chilling around.

Show n shines are easily affordable for both members/public to attend and organisers to run.

I'll let you know when I win lotto and hold a track day.

Edited by MISS BM

Go to the Playday on track days :) Track day sorted for those who actually want to pay to play. As a club, I would never fork out a few thousand for a track where we might not get enough people to pay the cost of hiring it out. I have my own cars to pay for sadly. Maybe if I was a millionaire with a bit of spare cash chilling around. Show n shines are easily affordable for both members/public to attend and organisers to run. I'll let you know when I win lotto and hold a track day.

lil dont i look like a baller right now

lil dont i look like a baller right now

I have a family, with children, with educations to pay for ;)

And an M3 to maintain - we'll pretend that's the other child. Unfortunately just can't do it.

I picked up the Jan and Feb copy of NZPC and emailed and asked where the Modern Performance/Euros were.

They said to purchase the Classic Car mag. Uh.. Righto.

I guess their markets points to the generation of Turbos and drifters.

However the Editor just picked up a clean as f**k E46 M3 for his Mrs.. So maybe it will convert him. Slightly. Hopefully. Maybe.

Didn't even know about speed hunters until it was popped on here.

Haha. I should cut my springs while I'm at it ;)

Did you miss the euros on the cover? Not polished e46's though lol

2 x Porsche, vw beetle, 205 gti and e30

Did you miss the euros on the cover? Not polished e46's though lol

2 x Porsche, vw beetle, 205 gti and e30

Yup I did.

And I noticed the ECC Award winner in one of the months mags also.

It's a very instance for them to cover euro.. And even then it was nice full page spreads about them.

So in regards to the "project car" side of things, what are you doing to it? I see the blacking out parts but what else?

So in regards to the "project car" side of things, what are you doing to it? I see the blacking out parts but what else?

Oh forgot this was the M3 thread.

Plans:

- Subframe Reinforcement

- Inspection II

- CSL DME Upgrade

- Suspension Set up to ride lower

- Wire in Angel Eyes

Those are the things that will be done over the next couple months.

In future

- Wheels, Looking at a few

- Full Respray (Maybe Wrap?)

- Exhaust (Agency?)

- Potential Sound Upgrade if the HK parts become available

And then the

Ideastosuperchargeorturbobecauseeveryonedreams

Yeah there's a list somewhere around the house and it's an A4 page long, it's had the basics done like Diff Service, Interior Trim fix, New SMG shifter, New Boot with Spoiler, reversing lights no cloudy, tinted indicators, black out, Carbon Supreme tint.. Not a lot but only owned it since the beginning of December....

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 1

Potential Sound Upgrade if the HK parts become available

if you mean put HK in, don't bother - they aren't good. Go aftermarket.

if you mean put HK in, don't bother - they aren't good. Go aftermarket.

My HK is better than my Type R Alpine I spent on the Schnitzer........

Which is why I probably would.

Unless there is an alternative that keeps the car looking simplistic and stock inside with great sounds and won't cost huge $$ to work in with the HK Amp etc

The HK amp will do in a pinch, just get great speakers and crossovers for the stock locations.

Did that by upgrading Schnitzer to Alpine Type R. Worst decision I ever made. And I spent a lot of money (over 1k) on that set up.

Wasn't happy with the sh*t sound as speakers placed in Door cards, not the panel.. Put a basic set up with Kenwood in my E36 and you could hear me bumping along the Motorway it was that good. Big flaw design if the E46s and if the M3 is anything like that, I will personally murder myself replacing them.

Should note, current system par one speaker blown on the rear deck in the M3 is awesome - no issues with it which Is why I want to keep it..

My fetish is bass. And if my car falls apart before I reach my content level, I cry.

My trip to and from work each day in the Schnizzer is almost like bass suicide. Doors rattle before the speakers do

• Like 1

Decent sub firing through a ski pass setup works well. Needs to be baffled to reduce the energy in the boot. You end up with rattle free clean bass and don't need too much power. Getting good mid bass out of the door card mounting is a different story without cutting holes.

• Like 1

The HK Setup in the M3 is great. It's 12/13 year old speaker rock on better than my 8 month old speakers. No door rattles (odd?)

If I could find a replacement for the rear deck speaker that is blown, I wouldn't need to touch anything else to keep my happy in that car.

To be fair, most of the time the window is down while I play around with gears and exhaust notes :ph34r:

With the AC double check the door clips around mid bass. If these aren't in good condition it can be a source rattles. You want the Oem type ones with the rubber washer for best results. Other thing to check is that your aftermarket crossovers haven't come loose. I mounted mine with hot glue without keying the inside of the door car plastic. They came loose after a couple of months.

Inspection II Kit on it's way from States.. Along with Front Position Diff Mount (Thanks Drags :/)
Sadly might get stung with that wonderful import tax. Ah well, still works out cheaper than purchasing the Oil, Filter, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, O Rings and what not else is in there through NZ Dealers.

Subframe still 100%, Yus.

DME sent off to the brains of Tom - That's probably the most exciting thing to happen this year.

Angel Eye idea canned until I can be bothered with failing electronics if not done right.

Anywho, just an update. It needed one :)

The 'scenes' thing for different car marquees is defanitely an age thing. People chill out a lot when they get older... still like different cars and brands but with less tudes everywhere. Its quite refreshing.

Yep, average age of us 8er owners in NZ is about 137 and we're all mellow as f*ck.

Coffee and Cars at Smales farm is a good relaxed melting pot of different scenes.......next one is Feb 22.

It is a great gathering, so many different brands, builds and general awesomeness. I'll be there on Sunday if the 8 is back together.

• Like 1

Parts, Parts, Parts and More parts arrived from the States this week. With more on the way.

Oil - Check

Oil Filter - Check

Air Filter - Check

Cabin Filter - Check

Fuel Filter - Check

6x Spark Plugs - Check

Diff Mount - Customs pinched it - New one on way thanks to ECS tuning fronting the bill :)

Full Valve/Rocker Cover Gasket Kit on it's Way. USPS you better damn well get it here.

Resetting the Lifters.. To be completed once Kit arrives.

Will set out to do the Service on Saturday.

DME sorted, Thanks Tom & Ray. Shall enjoy the initial test drive once the car is all back together.

post-32854-0-69843600-1424810833_thumb.j

• Like 3

Love those big boxes of parts... Until I have to find the time to fit it all.

Got a box of little parts in the shed that I've never got round to using... Can't remember what half of them are now and have to look up all the part numbers to see where they go! haha

• Like 1

Love those big boxes of parts... Until I have to find the time to fit it all.

Got a box of little parts in the shed that I've never got round to using... Can't remember what half of them are now and have to look up all the part numbers to see where they go! haha

Gosh, I wish I had spare parts haha. Everything I buy gets used within the week generally :)

Gosh, I wish I had spare parts haha. Everything I buy gets used within the week generally :)

They're not spare... I just haven't found time to put them where they're meant to go!