Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Putting the V12 back together again and knowing you've done it right when it starts first time and runs smooth. No misses.. woop woop.

• Like 5

E30 MegaMeet coming up quick! Car is ready to go, and excitement is definitely building.

Also unrelated, finished off stoning the patio I created by ripping out half my front garden (including two huge flax bushes!)

• Like 1

Bathurst pop-up channel on Sky Sports, lots of extended highlights of old races, heaven.

just been watching JR in the JPS M3 in '87.

• Like 3

Picking up another E30 this week! and PFL goodness too!

(all for under $1200 :ph34r: )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kopua Cowboy said:

Found out my old mans Corolla is on it's factory clutch. The car has done 740,000km...

blimey, that's hugely impressive.  what year corolla is it?  is it usually towed behind an RV or summat? ;)

1996 or thereabouts. His commute is 1300km per week. It's disgusting, it gets an oil change every 8 weeks and basically light bulbs and wipers as needed... and that's it. Last cambelt went for 400,000km before he decided maybe it wanted a new one.

I still refuse to own one.

• Like 3

At least if it's NZ new it's got Amon tuned suspension. Must be a 1600, the 1300s die earlier than that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kopua Cowboy said:

I love hearing about Amon tuned suspension. It's like hearing about Rossi spec nifty fifties.

Did you ever drive one? Streets ahead of any other small hatch at the time, and light years ahead of modern Civics (when you turn the steering wheel they roll, and then turn) and Corollas (wheelspin from rest if you even think about turning the wheel)

• Like 1

Picked up the new E30. Cruised home w/ electric sunroof open, cruise control on. Still need to figure out the OBC, and I think the A/C works...

Life is choice.

• Like 2

Realised this morning it's 2.5 years since my munted lung was removed, after I'd signed up for a 5km jog/walk/waddle/roll next month.

Time flies, money flies, and blow flies :)

• Like 2

On 10/20/2016 at 8:18 PM, huff3r said:

Picked up the new E30. Cruised home w/ electric sunroof open, cruise control on. Still need to figure out the OBC, and I think the A/C works...

Life is choice.

May I ask where did you get such a cheap e30?. I'm looking for a good deal too but nothing even close to 1200

12 hours ago, Albertouy said:

May I ask where did you get such a cheap e30?. I'm looking for a good deal too but nothing even close to 1200

Trademe, keep an eye out, and don't be too fussy. It's a project of course, but I really wanted another Pre-Facelift and they almost always have rust so figure the cheaper the better, as a good starting point.

GoBabyGo is a chosen charity of BMWNZ, have worked together for a couple of years now.

It's going to be a fascinating ride. :AreYouSerious2-min:

Wow. :blink:

Americans are more stupid than the English... after Brexit I wasn't sure.

Americapocalypse

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

So glad little old NZ is so so far from 'murica

First day back at work for the year. First PT session. Didn't die. Life is good!