Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Watching my nearly 3 year old son go absolutely bananas as an E36 M3 goes full sideways through a corner on the Maioro stage of the Targa Bambina yesterday. World class motorsport less than 4 minutes drive from my home. Sweet!

• Like 3

Getting back into e30 life.

• Like 3

Warm water at the beach.

Wrong thread - Pee patches go in quick rants ;)

• Like 7

Have you ever seen someone try to merge like a hammer?...

...between a Grader and the Fulton Hogan ute thats REALLY close behind it, with no driver inside?????

:lol:

• Like 2

I tow my race car on an A Frame, like the ute behind the grader.

Have had a couple of people try to merge between my tow car and the race car..! The guy that turned to get angry with the driver of the driver-less car was quite confused..

• Like 4

and yet BP can give fuel away for free.

going off topic a bit here.....

I dont believe those diagrams at all. if fuel really had so little margin in it, it wouldnt be profitable for the oil giants, nor would they be price competitive.

Its not quite as simple as it looks, all the big fuel companies have a stake in the refinery, so they get back a share of the refining costs as well!

Went for a decent drive in the active sus V8 today, ended up on East Coast Road via Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Orere Point etc. Awesome!

Soarer_bay.jpg

• Like 4

can someone PS that image with an e24 please? it's nearly perfect.

• Like 1

can someone PS that image with an e24 please? it's nearly perfect.

That would spoil the view :P

My dad can tell the difference between an e34 and an e32. I'm slowly converting him...

Edited by eliongater
  • Like 3

Getting an m535i e28 so cheap it's almost theft :D

EDIT: With a moonroof!!!

Edited by eliongater
  • Like 2

Diving in the Bay of Islands (well Cavallii Islands actually) at the Rainbow Warrior for the first time and swimming with dolphins during your surface interval.

Magic, just pure magic.

Edit: oh, and a trip back from Russell to Auckland that involved only about 10 other cars/trucks/vans on the road. Pure bliss. I've never, ever tracked 230 odd km's on NZ's State highways with less traffic. Ever. And I got to do it in an M3.

What a f'ing great long weekend (took Fri/Mon off) that was!

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 4

Getting an m535i e28 so cheap it's almost theft :D

EDIT: With a moonroof!!!

not the blue race car one ??

Diving in the Bay of Islands (well Cavallii Islands actually) at the Rainbow Warrior for the first time and swimming with dolphins during your surface interval.

Magic, just pure magic.

Edit: oh, and a trip back from Russell to Auckland that involved only about 10 other cars/trucks/vans on the road. Pure bliss. I've never, ever tracked 230 odd km's on NZ's State highways with less traffic. Ever. And I got to do it in an M3.

What a f'ing great long weekend (took Fri/Mon off) that was!

nice did a trip to hastings etc , all the back roads etc

not much traffic and in a e28 with 3.65L m5 engine don't need to change gears that often 4th and 5th over all the hills , and third

gear overtaking goes by in a blast ;)

• Like 1

not the blue race car one ??

Blue race car one? No, a white auto one with blue/grey cloth interior. Rego tb8839
  • Like 1

is it registered and warranted? does this mean you'll be driving yourself to the wellington meetup on 10 April?!

• Like 1

is it registered and warranted? does this mean you'll be driving yourself to the wellington meetup on 10 April?!

Hahaha, that would be too easy. Reg on hold, no wof engine or gearbox lol. I do have an engine and gearbox for it though. I need to check it out this weekend during the day with a jack, torch and a rag/cleaner to see if it's worth saving.

You have just under a month. Heaps of time.

• Like 1

yeah easy!

life is choice:

listening to the Foo Fighters One by One. on my laptop. streaming spotify. I'm knackered, lying down. the 10" vinyl is in the lounge... I don't care, regardless of the lo-fi of this rig I'm still loving the music nearly14 years later. I still remember unpacking it and firing the turntable up.

starting the day with Them Crooked Vultures, my 10yo daughter beginning to rock out to it, before we headed off to school.

it's been a rock-fuelled day.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Having breakfast by the beach watching the news on sky in the Mercedes out at Kuaotuna, Coromandel. Lovely morning here too

• Like 1

Standing on my deck watching a herc turn finals over my paddocks into the sunset, and hearing the dull roar of reverse thrust as it touches down.

I love living within the OH circuit.

• Like 6