Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

I second that. Automatic transmissions in them on the other hand are a Pain in the posterior extremity

I don't think I'd ever purchase an auto .. even dual clutch whatever. Just like clutches.
  • Like 1

I don't think I'd ever purchase an auto .. even dual clutch whatever. Just like clutches.

I made the mistake of purchasing an automatic for my better half. What a mistake. I ended up having to rebuild the box myself. Lost reverse gear after two weeks. The parts are stupidly expensive also. Cost me a grand just for parts. Good thing rebuilding gearboxes isn't that hard :) I prefer manual too but unfortunately nz has a lack of those
  • Like 1

I've got two MK4's - one is a 2.8 manual, the other 2L auto.

The manual is brilliant, the Auto slips rarely, so probably another 2-3 years.

• Like 1

I've got two MK4's - one is a 2.8 manual, the other 2L auto.

The manual is brilliant, the Auto slips rarely, so probably another 2-3 years.

Yeah the manuals are hard to fault man. Parts are still ridiculously priced for vw audi etc. But this is what Im working on today. Mk4 Golf running gear into mk2 jetta. Agm motor

Posted Image

Posted Image

A.A wreckers are opposite me in Avondale.... they do VW and Audis too.,

Nah I dont need any parts at the moment Jeeves. Just trying to get this running at the moment haha

A really nice looking black e30 4 door with gold centered BBS RS wheels on Ladies Miles this morning.

HSB - Black e90 I think? Brooklyn shops. Think it's Helena Selena Berlina going by the plate. Very clean!

• Like 2

HSB - Black e90 I think? Brooklyn shops. Think it's Helena Selena Berlina going by the plate. Very clean!

I had a sneaking suspicion you were to my right just as I took off !

Awesome name huh? Hahahah

A really nice looking black e30 4 door with gold centered BBS RS wheels on Ladies Miles this morning.

Think that was me if you drive a mint E28. My wife saw us checking out each other's cars, shook her head and muttered 'boys and their BMWs' ha

Saw a couple of very tidy E30s today... A silver M325i on Douglas St while I had my morning coffee and an absolutely immaculate red Tech 1 or 2 (I'm not an E30 person so don't really know the difference but it had a nice kit) 320i... I think... outside my office on Ponsonby Road this afternoon.

Never owned an E30 but either of the those cars would look good in my drive!

• Like 1

Think that was me if you drive a mint E28. My wife saw us checking out each other's cars, shook her head and muttered 'boys and their BMWs' ha

Haha. Yeah that was me, it's hardly mint though but thank you.

Estoril E36 M3(?) in Lyttelton this morning sparkling in the sun.....seen it before here, member?

Estoril e36 328i coupe near Tristram road exit heading towards Albany on the motorway. Also spotted this on my hoist this morning. Beautiful car ♡ love it Martin

Posted Image

• Like 3

An amazing delphin grey? Tech1 m325i on rs's parked up in Roslyn. Was too much traffic to slow for a pic so went round the round about twice to take a better look!

Lol - I was the passenger. Dude just did my wheel alignment and wanted to check it out before handing it back. Never had that happen before but I was impressed with the effort. And he used to own an E30 M3 Evo...

Was that the bloke from Wairau Alignment & Suspension? He was telling me about his e30 m3, before getting onto his e30 alpina 335. Was getting some bushings pressed in.

Yep, Caesar, the guy with crazy teeth.

Haha - good dude. Had a good yarn. They're BMW guys for sure - was chatting E30s with another bloke there too. Nice to know there is a good alignment shop locally. Heading to P&S in East Tamaki every time gets a little tiresome!

Yep, Caesar, the guy with crazy teeth.

Crazy teeth is a South African thing. Lol particularly the Cape Town region hahaha
  • Like 2

Silver E46 M3 with the number plate "A2K" or something along those lines parked at work yesterday, pretty sure it's a member's car? Either way, it's looking bloody awesome!

• Like 2

Silver E46 M3 with the number plate "A2K" or something along those lines parked at work yesterday, pretty sure it's a member's car? Either way, it's looking bloody awesome!

Members car. Beautiful bloody thing. I drool everytime i see it ♡
  • Like 1

.......Never owned an E30 but either of the those cars would look good in my drive!

yehehehess slowly its happening

• Like 4