Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

A gorgeous E30 M3 in Wellington CBD today. Near Lampton Quay. Black with gold BBS'

Gold BBS or gold split rim Simmons?

as much as i love my E30 cab,

and an E30 M3 is not in the "if i get one" but "when i get one" basket,

a convertible one is just no.

• Like 1

I'm sure it was for sale at Team BMW for more than that ( about 6-7 years ago ), a very buyer sensitive car.

The guy who had it restored back to new condition fell on hard times and unfortunately it fell into holding companies arms. It then bounced around between various owners as the luster wore off with most car purchases.

To a collector its probably worth around 60-70k .. but there are only a few in this country and even few that want a cab. So it falls into the default m3 sale prices. Even though its one of the best examples in the world.

• Like 1

It's one of three built to that spec that still survive. We worked on it last year for the previous owner, a very good friend of mine. He was a member here and has just recently passed away.

I have quite a few pictures of it here at the time and few lucky people got to see it and under it

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1

Saw this US spec left hand drive e30 325i cab on the way home from work today. I don't know a lot about these, but surely there can't be many in NZ?

2014-06-05164043_zpse3d5c4d8.jpg

Oh hell yeah for cirrus cabs! Love it!

However what a US one is doing here I won't understand. Can anyone let me know which ways the US specs are better than our ones? The US specs all have the super duper hideous bumpers their government enforced.

I saw heaps in the states and just kept thinking how unfortunate they were and how lucky we were back home

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah bumpers are hideous. I'd only seen them in pictures before and when I actually saw it it took me a while to realise. At first I thought it was a piece of s*#&..... then I noticed 325i cab, then us spec and lefty, then I got excited haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Saw this US spec left hand drive e30 325i cab on the way home from work today. I don't know a lot about these, but surely there can't be many in NZ?

2014-06-05164043_zpse3d5c4d8.jpg

This looks like Memorial Avenue? The lights at where it meets Grahams Road?

yep horrible

but i saw plenty of RHD ones in Thailand with the US bumpers too, maybe its from there?

This looks like Memorial Avenue? The lights at where it meets Grahams Road?

Spot on man lol, I love on memorial opposite Burnside High there

yep horrible

but i saw plenty of RHD ones in Thailand with the US bumpers too, maybe its from there?

Could be, a bit strange to see a LHD one here though

• Like 1

Could be, a bit strange to see a LHD one here though

oh yeah looked at it again, it IS LHD!

only just been registered too, first NZ registration is 10 April 2014.

DOnt know why you would bother when you can get one here for less than 10k with all the euro goodies

oh yeah looked at it again, it IS LHD!

only just been registered too, first NZ registration is 10 April 2014.

DOnt know why you would bother when you can get one here for less than 10k with all the euro goodies

Yeah I saw that, ran the VIN and checked all the optionals also

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This at Kayne Barrie Motorsport - looks fast standing still.

IMG_20140527_140208.jpg

IMG_20140527_140255.jpg

IMG_20140527_140234.jpg

IMG_20140527_140242.jpg

Man I miss helping out with this car .....

Saw it coming out of Kaynes the other night on the trailer ready for the endurance race im guessing. Passed it on the motorway in the 540 about 10pm

I'm jealous you even had a chance! :)

:P !!! I enjoyed buying bits and pieces for it or commission it to be built to researched specs ... have sat in the driver seat quite a bit with my laptop too ... Good times!!

Who was the owner when you worked on it Tom? It's passed through a few sets of hands quite quickly that car...

Spotted miss bm going down gt sth road penrose just no :)

• Like 1

Just been to Hyper :)

let me guess, you saw her shaking her head to some crazy boom boom music as she passed you by with her window down, a blondie just getting things done. lol. :P

I think I spotted a few bmw guys I know locally near riverside bp but i kept honking my horn and the bus driver kept stopping everytime, it stopped being funny the 4th time but what the heck, I like screwing with people anyway. :D

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

Ah i see guys at hyper r all my customers. Good dudes. What did u get done / buy from there?

Don't tell me your neighbour is that Korean couple that owns used to own a white Maserati GranTurismo (and a red one before that) which was replaced with a F430 and also a Porsche 997?

Edited by andy_e39

Saw it coming out of Kaynes the other night on the trailer ready for the endurance race im guessing. Passed it on the motorway in the 540 about 10pm

Probably the only time its ever been passed by an E39 :ph34r:

Saw DaveO's E60 M5 parked up at Madills after football this afternoon looking like an absolute beast.

It went BOOOOOOMMM nakanakakakkakakaka. As its rods flew out today.

They are currently looking for another motor.